Plusnet - Shall I go with them?

Hi all

My partner and I are going to move into a new property on 3rd May. Currently we are living with her parents so have no phone/broadband in our name.

When we move into our new property I'm thinking of joining the PlusNet Unlimited Broadband package with Line Rental Saver (we only need a landline for the broadband, shall not be using landline for calls as we both have unlimited calls on our mobiles).

Can anyone give me feedback on what PlusNet and their broadband etc is like as in previous years I've always had either Sky or BT for my landline/broadband but they both are so much more expensive than PlusNet.

Any advice appreciated, thanks.
:wave:

Comments

• Technically, PlusNet broadband is the same as BT as it will use the same BT Wholesale equipment at the exchange.

PlusNet usually have a good reputation for customer services (call centre in Sheffield).
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • forgotmyname
    forgotmyname Posts: 32,545 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I moved from BT (phone) O2 (BB) to PlusNet and also got fibre and its been trouble free.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

• A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Put the post code into the following link and it will show you the estimated broadband speed available at your new address. It tends to report on the low side, the maximum is about 85 to 90% of of the maximum that is possible.
    http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband/internet-speed-test#services-checker
    Info about your local exchange and services

Did you see the talktalk broadband and phone line offer? A very good deal and very cheap with a discounted line when paid 12 months in advance.
  • ripplyuk
    ripplyuk Posts: 2,888 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I would go with Plusnet without hesitation if you can get it at a good price in your area. Their customer service is great and it was a real pleasure speaking to them, all in England so no language issues with foreign call centres. There was no sales pressure at all. With some companies, it's very hard to get off the phone if you don't sign up!
  • ralphy
    ralphy Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ripplyuk wrote: »
    I would go with Plusnet without hesitation if you can get it at a good price in your area. Their customer service is great and it was a real pleasure speaking to them, all in England so no language issues with foreign call centres. There was no sales pressure at all. With some companies, it's very hard to get off the phone if you don't sign up!

I decided to go with Plusnet after all, as you say their customer services were fantastic very helpful and great value for money, paid Line Rental Saver for the year upfront £131 and all I'm paying for truly unlimited broadband is £3.25pm, bargain!

The speed in my area is also excellent I should get around 10mb! All in all so far so good 😊
    :wave:
  • A.Penny.Saved
    A.Penny.Saved Posts: 1,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    It sounds like a decent deal, lower than I am paying ATM with phone+broadband. I will keep them in mind as I am looking for an alternative to Sky.

Please update us with your line stats after you have been connected. It's available on the routers browser webpage. signal to noise, attenuation and connection speed down and up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure