Travel to Interview Scheme

Can anyone tell me why I need an appointment to get a blank claim form for this scheme from the Jobcentre?

I appreciate that they can't pay any claim until I have actually been to the interview but why can't they just give the form when I ask for one ????

Can anyone also tell me how far the interview has to be to qualify?
2014 Target;
To overpay CC by £1,000.
Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
£15.88 saved to date

Comments

• Snakeeyes21
    Snakeeyes21 Posts: 2,527 Forumite
    as far as im aware you recieve the money after your appointment, after they have phoned whoever your interview is to confirm it.
  • cfnc
    cfnc Posts: 119 Forumite
    The first £5 is not included in the travel to interview scheme, and it is either by public transport or your own car, not both. i.e you can not drive to a train station and then take a train and claim for the whole journey, it will either be the car journey or the train.

My husband only has to have an appointment to pick up a claim form if he has two claims or more.

Hope this helps,

Kirsty
  • mountainofdebt
    mountainofdebt Posts: 7,795
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    as far as im aware you recieve the money after your appointment, after they have phoned whoever your interview is to confirm it.

Now I was told that you only got reimbursed after you had attended the interview.

Have no problem with that at all - but no-one has yet explained why I need an appointment to only pick up a blank form - they even wanted me to make an appointment to literally hand it in.
    2014 Target;
    To overpay CC by £1,000.
    Overpayment to date : £310

2nd Purse Challenge:
    £15.88 saved to date
  • koolcat
    koolcat Posts: 33
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    You need the appointment which is called a AJAX (or AJAC'S) and at the appointment you produce the proof of the interview, and the receipt or quote on how much it will cost (chepest) to get to the interview. At my JobCentre you have to fill in forms on where, who, etc about the interview. They then confirm it and maybe a few weeks later you get a cheque in the post for the cost.
  • s1h
    s1h Posts: 491
    Forumite
    It sounds like a joke this to me, they messed up paying my benefits and i said what am i supposed to do if i get a phone call to go to an interview but havent got the money for petrol to get there.

I was told if I bring them in confirmation of the interview in writing they may be able to help. If im able to get 10 miles to the job centre then I would be able to get to the interview.

The clerk in the jobcentre had the cheek to say to me, well what do you want? Me to give you £20 out of my own pocket?

Roll on getting a job, paid my taxes and NI and worked for years, yet now I need help im treated like scum and get the !!!! taken out of me.
  • Sprintblue
    Sprintblue Posts: 126 Forumite
    S1h,

TIS, as it is called is NOT for local job interviews .. must be out of area.

Best way to sort is to have the TIS interview after your job interview.
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam No idea why you removed it as it was something I learnt from this site - bizarre
  • s1h
    s1h Posts: 491
    Forumite
    sorry didn't realise that I just find the whole thing an absolute shambles and was disgusted at the way I was spoken to by a member of staff in the job centre.

I would complain If I thought It would get me anywhere.
  • ukdickie31
    ukdickie31 Posts: 522 Forumite
    cfnc wrote: »
    The first £5 is not included in the travel to interview scheme, and it is either by public transport or your own car, not both. i.e you can not drive to a train station and then take a train and claim for the whole journey, it will either be the car journey or the train.

This isn't in the TIS guidance.

Where did you hear this ??
  • cfnc
    cfnc Posts: 119 Forumite
    It was what my husband was told at the job centre, he has had various interviews in London.

We have also had to wait 4 weeks or more for his travel expenses to be paid.

Kirsty
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport