personal injury claims

Hi there can anyone recommend a reliable and honest injury claim firm who award their clients 100% of the compensation.Also what small print should one look for when choosing a lawyer.

Comments

• All you can do really is google search for firms that deduct no success fee.

If you have motor legal protection (assuming it is a road accident claim) then the lawyers who would be appointed under the policy should not deduct anything, same for if you have a family legal protection policy through your household insurance.
  • Crazy_Jamie
    Crazy_Jamie Posts: 2,246 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Checking if you have any relevant legal protection should be the first port of call. Beyond that it may be a matter of searching the internet as Onan said, but you may also find that some local firms do not deduct anything from your compensation, as many smaller firms are taking that approach now in order to stay competitive and still bring in work. So as well as the internet it may be worthwhile checking local advertisements and/or actively looking up local firms who can deal with personal injury claims.

There are no particular pitfalls to look out for when choosing a solicitor. Just make sure that you are actually instructing a solicitors firm and not a claims management company. Beyond that the terms of Conditional Fee Agreements are fairly standard across the board. Just be sure to ask the solicitor any questions you may have if you're not sure about anything.
    "MIND IF I USE YOUR PHONE? IF WORD GETS OUT THAT
    I'M MISSING FIVE HUNDRED GIRLS WILL KILL THEMSELVES."
  • truth44
    truth44 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Thanks for the advice given I would just like to warn people to have this cover in place in the future as it can be quite stressful having to read legal documents from solicitors explaining the fee process.
  • rs65
    rs65 Posts: 5,682 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I think

I think you must be desperate for business.
  • As some other posters have said, I would encourage you to check locally. A lot of bigger names on the Internet love of their reputation and can therefore get away with charging fees. In reality, the whole personal injury process is so streamlined now (online proforma the solicitor fills out) that many local firms don't charge any fees and are just happy for business.
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 10,889 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Xmas Saver!
    is this a spam add page
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure