Options

Comments

• nicechap
    nicechap Posts: 2,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tompie71 wrote: »
    hi all .first post so be gentle lol.
    I work away from home all the time and won't to no if I have any rights .I've had to buy a caravan as I was expected to sleep in a bivvy (tent) .is there any way I can claim any of the money back .
    My contract says 38 hours a week with the odd Saturday but the boss now says we gotta work 45 hours as it wot the eu says and the 38 hours was a mistake .
    do thay have to give me a evening meal .
    and last I use my van to get to work and home sometime
    toe other caravans to next site thay will put fuel in then bit
    am I entitled to help with fuel costs .I spending close to £250 a month. thanks guys
    sangie595 wrote: »
    We aren't. Just giving the benefit of the doubt.

mmm .... maybe gangmaster legislation might be more relevant
    Originally Posted by shortcrust
    "Contact the Ministry of Fairness....If sufficient evidence of unfairness is discovered you’ll get an apology, a permanent contract with backdated benefits, a ‘Let’s Make it Fair!’ tshirt and mug, and those guilty of unfairness will be sent on a Fairness Awareness course."
  • Carl31
    Carl31 Posts: 2,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No you can't claim the money back.

What makes you say that? the OP doesnt go into a lot of detail

OP, what does your contract say about your place of work? do you have an office that you are required to attend? Do you have to buy your own tools to work with? Are you paid via payroll? ie do you get the same amount each month and have a pension from your employer? Do you have a manager? Or, are you paid per job you do?
  • Ozzuk
    Ozzuk Posts: 1,884 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Seems odd set up, if you are PAYE then I'd have thought you can claim reasonable expenses, depends what your contract says - perhaps your salary is paid at a level to include the hardship of moving round. I thought most fencers though were self employed, which means you'd be able to offset a lot of your costs against tax - if you are, get an accountant.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    Carl31 wrote: »
    What makes you say that? the OP doesnt go into a lot of detail

OP, what does your contract say about your place of work? do you have an office that you are required to attend? Do you have to buy your own tools to work with? Are you paid via payroll? ie do you get the same amount each month and have a pension from your employer? Do you have a manager? Or, are you paid per job you do?
    I'll be happy to see the tax regulation or employment law that allows you to claim back the money for a caravan you bought. That's what makes me say that - there aren't any. If, and it's only if, the OP were self employed, then they may be able to offset some expenditure against taxes. Not claim them back. And not the cost of a caravan.
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    As above..id say a lot depends on how your employed.

Are you PAYE or Self employed.

Are you working on buildings sites and that kind of place,if so make friends with the forkie and ask him if he can give you a splash of Cherry for the van...bacon sarnie from the cafe does work wonders...;)
  • Samsung_Note2
    Options
    I'll be happy to see the tax regulation or employment law that allows you to claim back the money for a caravan you bought. That's what makes me say that - there aren't any. If, and it's only if, the OP were self employed, then they may be able to offset some expenditure against taxes. Not claim them back. And not the cost of a caravan.

If self employed they could put through a reasonable amount as its his working accommodation,along with the up keep.

Plant ops who move around following next contract do.
  • sangie595
    sangie595 Posts: 6,092 Forumite
    Options
    tompie71 wrote: »
    .and why u think I am taking the p**s
    Because the posting style suggests you are! If you thought that you needed to explain what a bivvy is, why not simply write tent in the first place? And the appalling English appears contrived. And there's a massive lack of any actual inform; even when asked you don't give anything away. And finally, there's that first sentence. Which almost always appears on "first time posters" posts when they are anything but first time posters. If you are what you claim to be, then help yourself out by being more informative.
  • tompie71
    Options
    yes get the same amount every month and pay pension .I were there work cloths
  • tompie71
    Options
    P A Y E IS WOT my pay slip says
  • Comms69
    Comms69 Posts: 14,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Funny mine says W I N D U P
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories