Agency workers right to annual pay increase

Hi,
I've got an agency worker working in my team. She's been working for us since April 16 as a temp. I've read that after 12 weeks temps have a lot of the same rights as permanent staff and this includes pay scales. Our company gives an annual uplift of salary to all employees to reflect inflation. Am I correct in thinking that she should have had the same uplift in her hourly rate? It would seem to make sense to me, she's a great worker and I wouldn't want to be short changing her. I can't find a definite answer on web. Help much appreciated.

Comments

• Yup you’re right, she’d be entitled to equal terms as contracted staff. https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/work/rights-at-work/agency-workers/additional-rights-for-agency-workers/
  • marlot
    marlot Posts: 4,925
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    TRICKY89 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I've got an agency worker working in my team. She's been working for us since April 16 as a temp. I've read that after 12 weeks temps have a lot of the same rights as permanent staff and this includes pay scales. Our company gives an annual uplift of salary to all employees to reflect inflation. Am I correct in thinking that she should have had the same uplift in her hourly rate? It would seem to make sense to me, she's a great worker and I wouldn't want to be short changing her. I can't find a definite answer on web. Help much appreciated.
    Wow, that's a great employer. I've not had a pay rise since 2013.

I'm not aware of any legislation stopping you giving the rise, and if she's a great worker it seems a modest way of rewarding her.
  • Casey1709
    Casey1709 Posts: 225 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2017 at 9:33AM
    What does your HR department say? Wouldn't it be cheaper to have recruited her by now rather than pay an agency?

How do you know the Agency will pass on any pay rise? Do you know how much the agency actually pays her out of what you've been paying them? E.g. Have they been paying her annual leave?
  • I called ACAS and she is entitled to the annual pay rise and also the staff Christmas bonus. All kicks in after 12 weeks. Thanks for your replies
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure