Las Vegas guide and MSE thread 2017

Options

Comments

• pebblesmax
    pebblesmax Posts: 2,279 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We have just booked our next flights. Flying with Thomas Cook, 8th April to 20th May. Less than £500 each direct. We are content with that.
  • John259
    John259 Posts: 1,085 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought some of you might like this recently posted video of a drive down the Strip at night. (Disclaimer: my only connection with the creator of this video is as a normal viewer).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9PZzpTdIGY
    "Such an enormous country, you realize when you cross it" - Jack Kerouac
  • sparkleisshopping
    Options
    Exciting times! We’re going back to Vegas next year! I have a question about Thomas Cook flights... we’ve booked premium economy for the return flight to Manchester and I’ve chosen the seats at the front left - 1A and 1C. From looking at the videos on YouTube there doesn’t seem to be anything I need to be aware of in that area - eg a toilet, galley, jump seats for the crew etc, but it would be great if someone could confirm that for me please. Don’t fancy a night flight stuck next to the toilet! X
  • Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Exciting times! We’re going back to Vegas next year! I have a question about Thomas Cook flights... we’ve booked premium economy for the return flight to Manchester and I’ve chosen the seats at the front left - 1A and 1C. From looking at the videos on YouTube there doesn’t seem to be anything I need to be aware of in that area - eg a toilet, galley, jump seats for the crew etc, but it would be great if someone could confirm that for me please. Don’t fancy a night flight stuck next to the toilet! X

Whose in 1B?:eek:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • sparkleisshopping
    Options
    Ganga wrote: »
    Whose in 1B?:eek:

Lol it’s ok there is no 1B, the seats are wider so the numbering’s different. No random’s gonna be sat between us! X
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options

I know nothing about that flight but have you looked on seat guru.

what type of aircraft is it
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    In the two class A330 which TC use on this route you have both a toilet, on the left hand side of the aircraft and the galley in the centre and right ahead of you. The toilet is on the other side of the main door, so you shouldn't get the aroma but you may well find a queue of people standing in your leg space waiting to use the toilet and you may be disturbed by the crew if they decide to talk all night!

In theory those seats have more legroom than any others, but I might be tempted to choose other seats, mainly for the likely queues of people wishing others would 'hurry up'!
  • martmonk
    martmonk Posts: 863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    Thanks for the advice.

I can get $65 tickets for $28 on the day we may go.

didnt check any fees on either site

I'd snap them up for a game in March. The way things are going they'll be in playoff contention so games in March should be when they're aiming to clinch a spot.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No, who’s in 2b, what’s in 1b:D
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
  • stoneman
    stoneman Posts: 4,521 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    martmonk wrote: »
    I'd snap them up for a game in March. The way things are going they'll be in playoff contention so games in March should be when they're aiming to clinch a spot.

And who would have put money on that
    The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure