System to Combi - Flue Questions

Hi all.

I've asked this in ukplumbersforum as well but thought I'd give it a bash here, too. :)

My plumber is taking out a broken Worcester Greenstar system boiler in a boiler cupboard and replacing it with a Baxi Duo-tec 28 combi. I'd like to have the new boiler in the same place but he's said the horizontal flue/labour involved would make this a lot more expensive. Circa £400. Does that sound right? The flue itself looks to be £70 extra or so and this is a bungalow, so a low roof.

The current plan is to put the Baxi in the kitchen and have a vertical flue to the outside wall. My only question about that is if I or a prospective buyer wanted to to extend, would I have to move the boiler or could I just convert the flue to horizontal?

So, two questions really. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Ed.

Comments

• matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,606 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    without an actual floor plan/layout of where the existing boiler/flue is situated and where you now require it to be fitted it's nigh on impossible to answer your question.

In fact you really need to get a quotation from another plumber to see if it's feasible and to find out how much it would cost.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,036 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Most of these type questions get a better response in the 'In my Home' section of this forum as that is where most of the plumbers seem to contribute.

It may be an idea to 'cut and paste' your post into a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure