MKS Posts: 10,328 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    bubbs wrote: »
    Snap have you put much weight on? i have:o

Put in on, quitting smoking, you can take it off. :A xx
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    rose28454 wrote: »
    Yes good point I did think of that but I was already back at the hotel by then. Will pop in tommorow and read it. May as well save as much as I can whilst I am away. He also said the kitchen cabinets may have to come down in the kitchen so he can test the wall behind. My kitchen is over 30 years old and I am not sure it will go back up that easily!

It is a shame it was clean water.... if it was soiled water you would have a new kitchen!! x
  • MKS
    I do not like that Nathan in Corrie, makes my skin crawl. DH says, it's not real you know :rotfl:

But the actor/actress makes it believable. Age old thing, more you hate them, the better the actor/actress are for the part that they are playing.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    rose28454 wrote: »
    Well I went to work at 9.00am and managed 2 hours before the phone calls from assesor, electrician, damp man and hotel company got too much. My boss is great and I just said I needed to go and would be in tommorow or Wednesday. Was silly of me shouldnt have bothered today.
    When I left I called the assessor company. They took over the hotel thing and I am now booked in for a further 10 days b&B. Then they said electrician and damp man would come this afternoon and the both came about 2.30. Electrician said electric would have to stay off and he installed a temporary supply of plugs at the bottom of the stairs so the damp people could run their machines. Then he left and damp chap had a good look round and said 1st thing was to get a laundry company in to take all my clothes, the contents of the airing cupboard , bedding and curtains to be laundered. Then they will bring boxes and pack up the contents of the rooms, then pull up all the carpets and bin them. He then brought in 2 machines and set them up so the drying can start. He hopes to get permission for another couple of machines to speed things up.
    He told me to ring my water company as I am on a meter and ask them to check my consumption and arrange a refund. He was lovely and actually lives in my town and said had he been told earlier he would have come down on Saturday.
    He said you should have about 20% damp in your walls and most of them are at 99%!
    So looks like all rooms except maybe 2nd bedroom will have to have new electrics, be redecorated and have new flooring. No idea how long though.
    Gosh thats alot, but will soon be sorted xxx
    For OH's 55th birthday, I am going to buy him some VIP Poo....

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Only you:rotfl::rotfl:
    MKS wrote: »
    Put in on, quitting smoking, you can take it off. :A xx

True but not easy, tweets will say it is:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • MKS
    edited 14 March 2017 at 1:36PM
    Very well said x

Thanks ssm. I feel embarrassed that I couldn't follow through with Dads care but I just couldn't split myself. :o I hate the thought that Saversue is going through the turmoil that i went through.
  • Saversue
    Saversue Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Please get help Sue, I know you want to do all you can for your mum, but you seriously cannot manage, and what happens if you get ill. The carers for my FiL made such a difference, and he went overnight into respite several times so my MiL and BiL could get a good night's sleep. Your mum must realise how hard it is for you, and perhaps it is worth telling her that at least it would be someone different to talk to.

Did your FiL feel happy having carers in ?
    Mum is adamant that she won't have any and has told Social Services that she can manage and will not have anyone. As she would have to pay for all her care, they can't force her to have a financial assessment or accept help.
    Please don't be so hard on yourself.
    A few of us on here have had the same journey. It isn't nice or pleasant, just so sad. There isn't a 'happy' answer.

I managed it for a few years, juggling my family life, looking after my DGC and running a business. At the end, something has to give and that's when you know it is the right time for extra help. Try as I might, I couldn't give my dad the care and extra time that he needed and deserved once he became immobile. When he went into his care home, the quality of his life improved 200%. Least of all, I could spend quality time with him without being 'frazzled' and attending to his needs and his housework. I did feel guilty about my decision (I am his only close living relation) but I couldn't stretch any further. Please don't let pride stay in the way of you continuing your enjoyment of your mums' company, albeit, it may be in a care home.

Such lovely sentiments, I hope you only have happy memories.

I am my Mum's only relative where we live.
    I have no family of my own and had to retire due to ill health many years ago, so am expected to do everything for my Mum by relatives out-of-town.
    I have a brother 50 miles away, but he has always been next to useless and now has Cancer himself.
  • Savvybuyer
    Savvybuyer Posts: 22,332 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 March 2017 at 11:41PM
    Some of the Toni & Guy products worked brilliantly on the APG vs M a few weeks. I think probably most of them that A has would have worked, possibly all of them. I now think that the Toni & Guy products generally are unlikely to work any more. This is usually a sign that there will be no problem. However, I think that, as they had £2 showing in the store(s) from where they picked them up, they are likely to have gone from that store/those stores now and would most probably have to pick them up elsewhere. It's unlikely they will find them elsewhere in my view. I have now lost them entirely in many of my stores and, before the weekend, had them in only one store. I still had the row of £2 SELs but only just as about half of the versions were not physically present. I therefore had about half of them OOS, it's irrelevant which ones and I did not take details.

If this situation was found in a price collection store, and the products likely no trace now in any other collection place, the ones that were OOS in the collection store would still compare on last Wednesday's data (as not OOS for seven days yet) - and they may compare on this Wednesday's data but only if the SEL was still there. If some of the SELs had randomly been removed - which may be all of those that the store had OOS or a member of staff may do an incomplete job and only remove some of those SELs - then the ones that had no SEL would be N/A on Wednesday's data or on Monday's (today's) if they were taken away - it's probably likely this would have happened after the weekend just gone, and the others may now have sold out of the store too - but their 'seven days' would begin to tick from a different date so some of them could drop off and others drop off later. I think it's likely all of them would have gone N/A though - but it's likely, if they have a store with indication of them in, those that happen to be OOS in that store would start to fail to compare although those still in stock would stay on (but probably go OOS and then N/A later), even though M most likely still has at least one unit of stock of every version of them somewhere, even if it's been 'lost' at the back of an RTC shelf. They could of course have more stock in the back and could restock - however, the situation is that I had them in at least half of the stores I was visiting before (at the time the APG worked) but now have 20 stores of complete no trace and only one store, which still had the rows of SELs up last week but was OOS on the shelf on about half of them - they are diminishing and probably gone now there.

So, in short, I think, as of mid-week last week, the time has most probably passed now on the Toni & Guys. I note they have now gone completely from msm for M - it had nine before, then five and then just one. I think they will still be around - one here in one M, another there in another - they're still around in M (somewhere) but they are now not generally around.

As of last week, the Hellmann's and Heinz RTC squeezy tubes were evident across many stores, so they might work, but the other RTC items elsewhere were generally only in one or two of my stores (and an increasing number needed to be visited to get them) so I don't know what the APG will have. They probably have some really good RTC that wasn't in any of my 21 stores and therefore I know nothing about it:rotfl:.

The time has come where I will soon move all of the Toni & Guy products to buy in M:(:eek: - it will be increasingly lucky if you find any of them there. However, some remaining stock could even, if it sticks around for some time, go onto stickered reduction price at much cheaper price like it seems one of the Comfort Bursts did in a couple of stores in Norfolk recently. It's no surprise that RTC items like these will be offered at lower prices in random stores - we had Toni & Guy at £1.55 in Aylesbury, though I think, if stock remains around elsewhere, it could turn up, even in a few months' time, in a store randomly at a much lower price. I don't rule out Aylesbury store bringing some more out to the shop floor at cheaper price in future, as M could do anything at any time, though it's probably less likely that it would be Aylesbury as it seems to have been clearing at £1.55 sticker.
  • mrsmac10
    mrsmac10 Posts: 4,676 Forumite
    Just posting to confirm that the BE breaded cod bought in asda compares favourably to Sainsbobs £1.70 after cb abd APG

Figures by TN this morning
  • hampydoodums
    hampydoodums Posts: 3,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sadly I think they will.

I do think the writers missed out how the police sh/would respond to a 16 year old turning up at the police station to give a witness statement for her 35 year old boyfriend who they are worried about a violent assault and kidnapping of another woman.... the alarm bells would have been ringing so loud you would not be able to hear!!

Totally agree SSM

rose, glad the assessor and the damp man are getting things sorted for you :)
    :happylove Nanny to 2 Cherubs :happylove
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    bubbs wrote: »
    Gosh thats alot, but will soon be sorted xxx

Only you:rotfl::rotfl:

What else can I get the man who has everything aka me!!

Thanks ssm. I feel embarrassed that I couldn't follow through with Dads care but I just couldn't split myself. :o I hate the thought that Saversue is going thorugh the turmoil that i went through.
    Saversue wrote: »
    Did your FiL feel happy having carers in ?
    Mum is adamant that she won't have any and has told Social Services that she can manage and will not have anyone. As she would have to pay for all her care, they can't force her to have a financial assessment or accept help.

Such lovely sentiments, I hope you only have happy memories.

I am my Mum's only relative where we live.
    I have no family of my own and had to retire due to ill health many years ago, so am expected to do everything for my Mum by relatives out-of-town.
    I have a brother 50 miles away, but he has always been next to useless and now has Cancer himself.

I am sure your mum would not want you to spend your life burdened with pressure that no one person could and should accept, you have a right to your own life and as mks highlighted this can be the best decision for the parent and for you. You deserve and need your own life. x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure