Boston Duvet & Pillow Company

Options

Comments

• matt38
    matt38 Posts: 23 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    kuepper wrote: »
    what's in the 'super soft' , 'soft and comfy' , 'warm and cosy', 'winter' , 'lightweight' etc i can't see any explanations?

Each product page gives details of filling / cover materials. You may need to scroll down.
    Blessed are the cracked, for it is they who let in the light...:A
  • WeeWillieWinkie
    Options
    Has anyone purchased the Pure Wool Mattress protector or the Duck Feather Mattress Topper?

Are either easily washable and is it worth the money over the Quilted Mattress Protector?
  • slugslime
    Options
    Do you really want one?People who arent aware where 'down' originates from may be horrified to learn the answer. Artifical fillings may not be quite as good, but what price compassion?

The cheaper the product, the more likely its going to be from China or other places that have this cruel quick way of getting the down they want.

Well done for highlighting the plight of the poor birds who suffer just to make down/ feather duvets. I have just bought a synthetic duvet so will sleep knowing I have not played in a part in such cruelty. Come on everyone- do the right thing and don't buy products containing feathers/ down.
  • nic_santorini
    Options
    I ordered duvets last time around and they are lovely. Superb quality, really pleased.
    Food and Smellies Shop target £50 pw - managed average of £49 per week in 2013 down to £38.90 per week in 2016
  • Mr_Singleton
    Mr_Singleton Posts: 1,891 Forumite
    Options
    slugslime wrote: »
    I have just bought a synthetic duvet so will sleep knowing I have not played in a part in such cruelty.

Synthetic insulation for your duvet is produced by the petrochemical industry. Where do I start?
  • Wednesday100
    Wednesday100 Posts: 61 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 March 2017 at 3:23PM
    Options
    I bought the "13.5 Tog Ultimate Luxury Down Like Synthetic Duvet" and am bitterly disappointed. This is being returned asap.

I have always bought 13.5 tog duvets from Marks and Spencer and John Lewis, sold with similar descriptions, but with RRPs that were around the same or less as the BDPC discounted price of £47. So I was expecting something that was at least that standard, especially given that BDPC claimed the RRP was about £80 and some people have reportedly received M&S duvets from BDPC/Fogarty. There is no way that what I received was 13.5, even though it was labelled as that. The duvet is very thin and there is no partitioning at all to prevent the filling breaking up into holes as it wears. The outer material of the duvet is nice, but that is it as far as positives go. The duvet looked very much like the 10.5s I had recently looked at in a few stores.

Update - I have since looked at comparable Down Like synthetic duvets on the M&S and John Lewis websites and they all have several full lines of stitching along the full length of the duvet to hold the filling in place. It is as if BDPC are not fully finishing the duvets to sell them at a discount.

I would say if you want a thinner occasional duvet for the spare room to layer with sheets and throws, and don't mind paying a few more ££ then go for it.

In comparison I bought a 13.5 By Sainsbury single duvet for £14 at the weekend and that is far superior at being fit for daily use! It would be ironic if these were made by the same company, but I do feel that I have been miss-sold by the Boston Duvet & Pillow Company.

I will say that so far the returns process seems to be efficient and they are mailing me return packaging.
  • CelticWitch
    Options
    I ordered the single wool duvet from this deal, thinking it was one hell of a bargain at £30, but apparently not. It's the mothercare "acclimatiser duvet" which was recently on sale for £17.50 and was only £30 full price. Unimpressed.
  • newleaf
    newleaf Posts: 3,132 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Some years ago a friend who hailed from Boston introduced me to the Fogarty factory shop, they make duvets and pillows for all the major brands, as well as the Fogarty brand items. I believe this outlet is the same company, and I have just purchased a duvet, the MSE25 code worked fine for me. Hoping to have as good a quilt as my last purchase from them.
    Official DFW Nerd No 096 - Proud to have dealt with my debt!
  • yogadancer
    Options
    I'm really fed up with offers that don't ship to N Ireland or don't apply to us we are always forgotten about as if we are not part of Uk:angry::angry:
  • caroline55
    Options
    My pillows arrived and I was shocked how bad they were. There is no way that mine were either Fogarty , or M & S ..... serves me right ..... if it seems to good to be true - it usually always is .... wish not bothered ..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure