Contacted by email after selling something

Contacted by email after selling something...

Why would someone contact you direct via email to say they have not received the eBay item? Does PayPal direct people to contact the seller using email for example? Or is it because they used the slip of paper that was cellotaped inside the package with your email address on? ;)
Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.

Comments

• Or if you're registered as a business, your email address shows on the listing ?

I am always suspicious though when a buyer contacts you directly and not through EBay.
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • use a dedicated email (not available thru eBay) on the inserted packing slip innit.... :D
  • Or if you're registered as a business, your email address shows on the listing ?

Yes, but I don't think my email is publicly visible unless I'm looking in the wrong place?
    Warning: any unnecessary disclaimers appearing under my posts do not bear any connection with reality, either intended, accidental or otherwise. Your statutory rights are not affected.
  • I just tried looking at a recent private purchase and I couldn't see the sellers email. looks like eBay want all contact thru their systems..

but my email is visable under my "Business seller information / contact details" but I can not remember if this is optional.

But the sellers email is always visable in Paypal
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport