Shifting this debt one £ at a time.

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Hey everyone :)

Well I did the boot sale on my own yesterday, it was so much easier! Sold quite a bit, not huge amounts of cash, but lots of books and space gone which is as important. :T

Been around the usual boots this morning, didn't buy anything other than a couple of bits for little jwil. Have been decluttering some books this afternoon, as it's completely taken it out of me.

Between DH and I, we have sold absolutely loads today on ebay :T but also :eek: at all the packing. I have so far sold 23 items, and the auctions haven't gone out yet, so I might still get a couple more. DH has sold 20 with again the possibility of a couple more :eek:

Unfortunately most of mine is going to be taken up with bank charges :mad: :mad: :mad: I paid for a load of postage on ebay with my bank account as I'd bought some packing with the funds. What I didn't realise is that it was going to the wrong account, and although the payment did come out of the correct account, I got charged for every attempt it went to the other account! I am not impressed :mad: There's always something isn't there. I must be more vigilant, and if I'm going to buy something, buy my ebay postage first!
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • sweetpea26
    sweetpea26 Posts: 831 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Rampant Recycler
    Bad luck on the bank front Jwil but well done on selling so much and doing the car boot on your own.

I am sure you enjoyed the time alone :)

Onwards and upwards I sold a good few things this weekend too. People are spending thankfully.
  • DedicatedDFW
    DedicatedDFW Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Hi - well done on the sales jwil and sweetpea - lets hope that means i get some buyers too :D

Jwil that is so annoying - have you spoken to your bank or the company who tried to take the money from the wrong account? I'm not sure if i've understood it right but if you'd already paid them from a different account then they shouldn't have been trying to take it from another account as you would owe them £0? :undecided

Saving this money is just as important as the money you're making and its definitely worth doing. i'd just be honest and explain your situation and see if they can do anything. I got a charge once when i went on holiday - i was so annoyed as i'd really thought i'd got myself organised. So i rang up and explained how the confusion had happened and luckily got my money back / charge refunded.
    CC1:T £[STRIKE]2531[/STRIKE] £1460
    MORTGAGE OVERPAYMENTS: £10575.20 Target £12,100
    MF Date: [STRIKE]August 2042[/STRIKE] May 2035
    Declutter 1000 things by Xmas 2015! 53/1000
  • jwil
    Thanks guys :)

DDFW - the bank won't do anything. It was from ebay postage. I thought it would automatically come from the account it did, but apparently it went via the other account first which rejected it as there weren't the funds. I just have to suck it up and be more vigilant!
  • jwil
    50 items sold between DH and I this weekend :T Annoyingly one has messaged to say they aren't paying as they don't have the funds - so why bid then? :mad: It went for minimum bid too, so not like it went for more than expected!
  • jwil
    Hey everyone :)

I finally got the mammoth packing session finished, and umpteen trips to the sorting office later, nearly everything has gone, apart from a couple that haven't paid up yet.

I've since sold a couple more items, including one reasonably expensive one which I'm very pleased about. So I hope to make a couple more payments over the next few days.

I did make some payments this morning out of what was there already.

I've got free listing for the next few days so have relisted everything, and hope to get some more on this week as well.

I'm going to try and give DH a deadline for sorting out some of his stuff. I'd like little jwil in his own proper bedroom by the end of the year, and I'd also like to keep the spare bed free until after Christmas as I expect that BIL will be coming up, and I don't want him sleeping in the front room in case the baby is up a lot at night and I need somewhere to go other than our bedroom. Wish me luck on that one!

I've got an INR on ebay :mad: it's only low value, so I'll probably just refund and be done with it.

My support belt has arrived, but doesn't seem to be making much difference (though today is the first time I've tried it). I think I'm going to have to look on you tube to see if I can find some videos on fitting it, as the instructions were minimal.

Hope everyone is well :)
  • jwil
    Today's payments:

1.[STRIKE]£80[/STRIKE] - £0C1:T
    2.[STRIKE]£90[/STRIKE] - £0 MI :T
    3.[STRIKE]£1886[/STRIKE] - £1595 LI
    4.[STRIKE]£607[/STRIKE] - £549 HA
    5.[STRIKE]£800[/STRIKE] - £212 BCM

Total: [STRIKE]£3463[/STRIKE] - £2356
  • dawnybabes
    dawnybabes Posts: 2,551 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Wow, you're doing great :-)
    Sealed pot challenge 822

Jan - £176.66 :j
  • well done on paying the numbers down :)
    I AM A MONEY MAGNET, THEY ARE MAKING MORE MONEY FOR ME AS WE SPEAK:pMIKES MOB, DFW NERD 1071, DFW LHS 132!MIRACLES HAPPEN I'VE SEEN IT WITH MY OWN EYES. LBM 08£77240.69 Current outstanding total £36083.01 Paid so far = £41157.68
  • jwil
    edited 6 August 2015 at 2:11PM
    Thanks guys :) Today's payment:

1.[STRIKE]£80[/STRIKE] - £0C1:T
    2.[STRIKE]£90[/STRIKE] - £0 MI :T
    3.[STRIKE]£1886[/STRIKE] - £1568 LI
    4.[STRIKE]£607[/STRIKE] - £549 HA
    5.[STRIKE]£800[/STRIKE] - £212 BCM

Total: [STRIKE]£3463[/STRIKE] - £2329