Goals and Dreams

Comments

• Macey1510
    Macey1510 Posts: 82 Forumite
    Instagram has been fantastic for one of my businesses (I have a direct correlation between instagram posts and sales made), not so amazing for the other one but still a useful 'supporting act' to help build the brand.

I have found the way to keep motivation for myself is to keep giving myself lots of little challenges - how low can I get the food shopping (and then using the extra from that week's budget to overpay debt), how many lights can I turn off, can I make an extra little bit on eb@y, etc etc; those kept me focused in the gap between my LBM and this month's paydays.

Hi Top, I love the idea of little challenges through the month! I will definitely try this to keep me motivated.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Macey1510 wrote: »
    Hi Bob, ive noticed that Instagram seems to be getting more and more interest. Ive opened up a separate account so now i just need to post regularly. Hope you have a good day x

And it's so about finding out what # to use as well. I love working out which ones will get me in front of the most users (me I mean my business)
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • Macey1510
    I haven't really given much thought to the # I will have to do that in future.
  • Macey1510
    Goals

- Make an OP on Next Catalogue at least £100 hopefully more if I can raise more funds.

- Set little challenges to keep me motivated through the month.

- List a pair of Converse on 3bay.

- Start sorting the attic at my Mom & Dads. I have lots of 'stuff' up there, I don't think anything will be worth selling but you never know.

- Cook and freeze some meals to grab when I'm too tired to cook.

Business Goals

- Continue with marketing course.

- Have a small collection of items to sell by the end of the month.

- Re-open my Etsy shop.
  • Bobarella
    Macey1510 wrote: »
    I haven't really given much thought to the # I will have to do that in future.

Without wanting to go on and bore you, yes it's amazing what you can do by tagging your posts well. I find locally specific ones very useful and also appropriate subject matter tags.

• Macey1510
    Bobarella wrote: »
    Without wanting to go on and bore you, yes it's amazing what you can do by tagging your posts well. I find locally specific ones very useful and also appropriate subject matter tags.

Hi Bob, I have been looking at how other business tag their photos, and for Etsy too!
  • Macey1510
    Week 2 progress

- I opened a 2nd Instagram account but haven't posted anything yet.

- Any spare time I had was spent making items and am really happy with how they have turned out.

- Dealt with lots of medical issues with my Mom :sad:

- I listed some items on 3bay which end later this evening.

Week 3 to do

- Pay Next Catalogue.

- I still need to cook a bolognaise and soup.

- Continue making ready for my Etsy shop re-opening.

- Continue with the marketing course.

- List 7 items on 3bay.

Have a great week! xx
  • Cherryfudge
    Cherryfudge Posts: 9,999 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Hello Macey, I've just discovered your diary! It's lovely to see you are getting such joy out of creating things again, and that you're planning to start on the attic, which is a very practical and useful thing to do! Goodness knows what we'd find in ours!
    I'm sorry to hear your Mom's health is causing concern. I hope this week's issues can be addressed... Please, please, keep some space and time aside for yourself and find people to talk to who have been through similar if you can. I wish I had looked after myself better when my Mum was ill, though I did manage to resist the people who thought I could be doing even more. Taking the time to support her now is important, but so is your long-term well-being. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, just ignore me if it's not appropriate.
    Good luck with this evening's selling :)
    I think a bit of sunshine is good for frugal living. (Cranky40)
    The sun's been out and I think I’m solar powered (Onebrokelady)

Fashion on the Ration challenge, 2024: Trainers 5 coupons. 5/68
    20.5 coupons used in 2020. 62.5 used in 2021. 94.5 remaining as of 21/3/22
  • Macey1510
    Hello Macey, I've just discovered your diary! It's lovely to see you are getting such joy out of creating things again, and that you're planning to start on the attic, which is a very practical and useful thing to do! Goodness knows what we'd find in ours!
    I'm sorry to hear your Mom's health is causing concern. I hope this week's issues can be addressed... Please, please, keep some space and time aside for yourself and find people to talk to who have been through similar if you can. I wish I had looked after myself better when my Mum was ill, though I did manage to resist the people who thought I could be doing even more. Taking the time to support her now is important, but so is your long-term well-being. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn here, just ignore me if it's not appropriate.
    Good luck with this evening's selling :)

Hi, thank you for your message! I really appreciate it. I am finding it so hard caring for my Mom, but my Dad is great so I'm able to go home after we have helped her to bed at night and I get an hour in the afternoon too. I do need to take better care of myself though, it's all so draining. Hope you have a good evening.
  • Bobarella
    Another productive day by the sounds of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport