Infinis energy ipo

Comments

• I have signed up for 15K of Infinis through SVS Securities prior to the Wednesday cut off for share allocation applications. Could someone please give me some idea of how the price is set? Ie, am I considered one of the people who would be offered what was eventually decided as the $26 per share price of Twitter, or are SVS just basically placing a trade when the market opens Friday morning to buy at what was about $43 per share in the case of Twitter? I'd just like to get a feeling for this process, and where in this process my request for shares will fit.
  • westy22
    westy22 Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    If you applied for the Infinis IPO then your purchase will be at the set issue price which will be determined by Infinis, probably this evening. You are in, along with everyone else who applied for the IPO, at the base issue price.

The share price when the market opens at 8am tomorrow will be x% higher (or y% lower) than that issue price.
    Old dog but always delighted to learn new tricks!
  • westy22
    westy22 Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    I'll go £3.23

I think you might be a bit optimistic - so I'll go for £3.17 (but I hope you are right!)
    Old dog but always delighted to learn new tricks!
  • BarleyGB
    BarleyGB Posts: 234 Forumite
    westy22 wrote: »
    I think you might be a bit optimistic - so I'll go for £3.17 (but I hope you are right!)

£3.15 is my speculative certainty
  • ajdj
    ajdj Posts: 567 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'll go £3.20 :)
  • srcandas
    srcandas Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So far for infinis sell price at 9am tomorrow:

BarleyGB 3.15
    Westy 3.17
    ajdj 3.20
    srcandas 3.23

And I thought I was being a pessimist!!!! :eek: any more?
    I believe past performance is a good guide to future performance :beer:
  • i think they will be 3.35
  • I'd be very interested to hear peoples' opinions about the pricing of the IPO, whether it will sit within the range quoted, and where, or possibly higher or lower??
  • I think they'll get to 320-5p but drop to 310p by 0900
  • From City AM...
    ADVISERS to Infinis, the renewable energy group owned by Guy Hands’ Terra Firma, were yesterday said to be guiding potential investors to the mid-point in the price range for the group’s forthcoming flotation.

As the closing date arrived for the retail offer, it looked as if the shares will be priced at no more than 285p each, giving the stock a 6.5 per cent yield for income hungry investors. There was still a possibility the shares could be priced even lower when the offer closes for the institutional investors later today.

Terra Firma is reducing its stake in the group, which owns 147 power generating plants in the UK, to around 65 per cent as part of the transaction.

Retail investors are expected to take around 15 per cent of the offer, even though Infinis is not a widely known name.

Barclays, one of the lead banks on the issue, has been effectively encouraging retail alongside Solid Solutions, in a number of new issues including Direct Line and Royal Mail.

“Infinis offers decent growth prospects as well as income,” Jim Dolan, retail broking director at Beaufort Securities said yesterday. “My feeling is that this one will be priced to get away,” he added.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure