Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • abundant1972
    • By abundant1972 29th Jan 17, 12:14 PM
    • 1,067Posts
    • 7,717Thanks
    abundant1972
    NST February Challenge : A Winter Voyage
    • 29th Jan 17, 12:14 PM
    NST February Challenge : A Winter Voyage 29th Jan 17 at 12:14 PM
    Welcome to February’s NST Challenge : A Winter Voyage

The end of January is almost upon us… I’m looking outside and there’s a blue sky, and the frost is thawing. It has been a long month – and for those who maybe have children and celebrated Christmas, it can feel like you’re just about recovering from the expense. Energetically – I always feel at a bit of a low ebb… We bowl through Christmas, into New Year and back to work perhaps, and that again can feel tough. If you spend more time at home – it can be a difficult month too – the cold and dark nights might leave you craving the comfort of your home and your natural tendency is to go within. Heck – we should all be hibernating – but life dictates we push ourselves onwards… Just pause for a moment – and mark the occasion. Congratulate yourself - you have provided for yourself (and your family if you have one) and the New Year we planned last month is awakening. We still have a way to go before Spring arrives, so wrap up warm and batten down the hatches.

Last month, Misstara asked us all to set goals for the year ahead. I would like you to consider the following quote from Earl Spencer…

“People with goals succeed because they know where they’re going. It’s that simple. Failures, on the other hand, believe that their lives are shaped by circumstances … by things that happen to them … by exterior forces.

Think of a ship with the complete voyage mapped out and planned. The captain and crew know exactly where the ship is going and how long it will take – it has a definite goal. And 9,999 times out of 10,000, it will get there.

Now let’s take another ship, just like the first, only let’s not put a crew on it, or a captain at the helm. Let’s give it no aiming point, no goal, and no destination. We just start the engines and let it go. I think you’ll agree that if it gets out of the harbour at all, it will either sink or wind up on some deserted beach – a derelict. It can’t go anyplace because it has no destination and no guidance.”

So… the next leg of our journey is going to be by sea. Yes you heard right. This month – we are setting sail towards our goals. You have a few days before our ship departs and I want you to make ready.
    We will be at sea for 28 days remember - it is imperative that you bring adequate supplies. There may be clear skies at the moment but storms can blow up out of nowhere and have been known to sink many a ship. We must prepare for the unexpected. There are pirates in these parts who will stop at nothing to loot and pillage your cargo. Tales also tell of sirens – whose song can tempt you from your course, only for you to crash upon the rocks – your budget smashed to smithereens! We must be on our guard against them. Look out for dolphins along the way – they are good omens and can help your money go a bit farther. According to my maps – there’s an island where we can stop mid-way if we can find it – for some much needed rest and relaxation.

The Rules:
    • The ship sets sail on February 01st and it’s journey finishes on February 28th
    • Plan your shore leave. If you want to meet with friends – log the dates now and don’t deviate once we have set sail.
    • Pay your debt repayments first, and budget separately for birthdays, car expenses, travel, bills, school fees etc. Set money aside for these - they do not count towards a spend day – as long as you have budgeted for them! Be prepared and plan ahead. Get your house in order before you depart!
    • Plan your personal budget with what money you have left. Set aside an amount for essential rations and an amount for personal spending. What you use your personal spends for is up to you – essentially ‘non-essential’ things. It could be a trip to the cinema, a chocolate bar, a new t-shirt or a book. Try not to feel guilty for spending a little on yourself – but budget it in. I am allowing £80.00 for rations and £80.00 for spends.
    • Aim for 15 NSDs. I am giving you each 12 flares. Use them wisely. Fire one off and you can get supplies (have a spend day). That’s 3 flares per week – use them wisely.
    • Look out for Dolphins (a.k.a Yellow Sticker produce). These DO NOT count as a spend day. If you see them break the waves – give thanks, and grab a bargain (as long as you’ll use it!).
    • Beware Pirates! They come in many guises and want to steal your booty! Make your lunches for work, and take in your own coffees – avoid shop/canteen bought convenience food which tends to be overpriced.
    • Beware Sirens! High Street retailers that tempt you in to buy buy buy!!! Before any purchase – ask yourself... ‘is this going to bring me nearer my goal or push me further from it?’… Is it a ‘need’ or a ‘want’…? Can I afford it or will it leave me broke?
    • Mid Voyage we will be stopping off at the Isle of Aphrodite – an enchanted place, and a welcome rest from our travels. This is a free day. Put aside £10.00 if you can afford it and a bit of time for yourself. More details to follow.
    • Remember those lost as sea – try and give or do something charitable. It could be a cash or food donation, or giving of your time if you don’t have a lot of spare money.
    • Never be afraid to ask for help or advice. It occurred to me that I take things like budgeting for-granted… but when I was a newbie – I didn’t know where to start. It was only through joining forums like this one that I learned.
    • It’s ok to make mistakes – as long as we learn from them and do not keep repeating them. If we do – we need to look at why we do – what is our gain from keeping ourselves in debt or perpetuating bad habits.

What I’d like to see posted from you:
    1. If you haven’t already – try and do a signature. It’s a great way to personalise your goals and targets – and provides a visual aid to your progress. If you need help setting one up just yell!
    2. List your food and spends budgets. Try doing them separately for this month and tell me if it works – or not. I find giving myself permission to have a little bit of a life (spends) really hard… but life is about living. If it helps, each week draw out your spend allowance – when it’s gone, it’s gone.
    3. A running NSD total.
    4. Post 3 things – daily if you can – that you are grateful for. It helps us focus on what we have in our lives and gives us a feeling of wealth and abundance that goes beyond just money.
    5. Re-visit your goal(s) set last month (or do a new one if you’ve just joined). How is your progress? Are you on track or floundering? Be honest. Remember the ship quote above – unless you give direction and purpose to your goals – you will likely run aground. Break it into smaller steps that are manageable for you. If you’re not sure how – put it to the crew. Tell everyone at least one thing you will commit to doing this month to help achieve your goal.

Them be the rules me Hearties… If you think you’re up to it – put your name below on the ship’s roster and I’ll make sure there’s a cabin on board with your name on it. I run a tight ship – and expect commitment from each and every one of you! We can’t be carrying no stowaways – arggggh! <said in sailor voice haha> Try and check in everyday if you can… it’ll keep you focussed on your goals. Mothernerd has kindly agreed to be my second-in-command for one week in Feb when I have to stop off on distant shores to see family. Rest assured I will keep in touch as best I can and will rendezvous with you all a bit later!
    Last edited by abundant1972; 29-01-2017 at 6:10 PM.
    *** Credit Cards £1800.00***
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    Help To Buy ISA = £3200.00. EF = £2550.00/£4500.00
    NST Feb : NSD=16/15. £Remaining : Food=1.22/80.00. Spends=0.00/80.00
    365 Day 1p Challenge = £46.16/£667.95. £1.00 a Day = £59.00/£365.00
    Meditation = 0/7. Nature Walk = 0/1. Gym = 0/2. Cash Bonus = £48.00/£399.00
Page 35
    • misstara
    • By misstara 26th Feb 17, 10:00 PM
    • 2,026 Posts
    • 13,969 Thanks
    misstara
    NSDs yesterday and today which takes me up to 14/15. I'm planning a few spends tomorrow as it's payday but should get a NSD on Tuesday so will hit my target I'm grateful for a great result at the rugby yesterday, lots of yummy food over the weekend from the freezer, spending the weekend with OH, sorting out most of the doors in the flat, the flat now feeling so much warmer and a good chat with my parents earlier.
    Debt at LBM Jan 2014 £10458.09 Now £336.33 (96.8% paid)
    New flat debt Jan 2017 £2302.75 Now £1938.22 (15.8% paid)
    Mini Targets
    Exercise target - 5/12. Groceries target £92.63/£135. NSD target 14/15.
    • mothernerd
    • By mothernerd 26th Feb 17, 10:21 PM
    • 1,744 Posts
    • 17,797 Thanks
    mothernerd
    NSDs yesterday and today taking me to 15 and two walks today.

Today I am grateful for being able to 'deliver' some items without having to take them myself, for being able to do 2 walks and for easy food from the freezer (and for those 2 finally putting some books onto the shelves - they finished putting them together yesterday and then they both went downstairs for the evening).
    Building a rainbow of happiness and joy. 2017 Be More Awesome than last year. NST Feb No2 SFD 16/15 Budget Food£96.80/£120 (stretch £100) Transport £6.45/£26.Ext £41.50/ £30 3-6 Month EF 28/01/16Mortgage Free since5.1 1982 Debt Free 11/01/2016
    Progress through plodding, baby steps and purposeful pottering
    • Fmess
    • By Fmess 26th Feb 17, 10:27 PM
    • 2,386 Posts
    • 22,509 Thanks
    Fmess
    Today I was grateful for:-

- a lovely long chat with a lovely friend
    - a long walk in the fresh air
    - getting some batch cooking done to prepare for the week ahead
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New Roof Debt £177.97/£8242
    New bathroom savings £1343/£6000
    Jan NST #22 SFD 7/15 Food 114/ 140Personal 155.23/170 Petrol 40/75
    • abundant1972
    • By abundant1972 26th Feb 17, 11:27 PM
    • 1,067 Posts
    • 7,717 Thanks
    abundant1972
    Ahoy! Evenin'!

Today I am grateful for:
    • The advice on the board about Dementia. Thank you - it's something I know little about, and want to support my Mum as best I can
    • Space in my day to do all my laundry, bed change and cooking
    • Willpower!
    So, I had 3 coffee dates planned for this weekend - but with just over £1. in the kitty I cancelled them all. I was so tempted... but in the end I stayed in and caught up on everything and had a 'me' day.

Yesterday = NSD number 15
    Today = NSD number 16

Pay day for me tomorrow, so will sit down and do my budgets in the evening. Only 2 days left of our Voyage too!

It would be awesome over the next few days, for people to post a brief summary of:
    1. Your NSD totals achieved
    2. What your 2017 goal(s) were again - and progress made, or not this month
    3. One thing you would like to improve upon next month
    4. One thing you are really proud of achieving, or something that worked really well this month
    Night for now everyone! x
    Last edited by abundant1972; Today at 8:04 AM.
    *** Credit Cards £1800.00***
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    Help To Buy ISA = £3200.00. EF = £2550.00/£4500.00
    NST Feb : NSD=16/15. £Remaining : Food=1.22/80.00. Spends=0.00/80.00
    365 Day 1p Challenge = £46.16/£667.95. £1.00 a Day = £59.00/£365.00
    Meditation = 0/7. Nature Walk = 0/1. Gym = 0/2. Cash Bonus = £48.00/£399.00
    • SkintTeacher
    • By SkintTeacher 27th Feb 17, 8:26 AM
    • 182 Posts
    • 796 Thanks
    SkintTeacher
    NSDs- 12
    Goals were to save £600 (done)
    Lose weight (done)
    Exercise more (done)
    All of the above continue into next month.

Next month I'd like to not eat ANY cake, crisps or biscuits as the second I do I gain weight (even with lots of exercise as I have a thyroid condition)

I'm really proud of how my body has changed this month, I feel fitter and stronger and my tummy is almost flat... Now what to do with these pesky double GS!?

I've done my March budgets and already started turning down 'extra' invites that don't fit in. I've got two of my 3 (!!!) Hen do's next month but one is payed for by my lovely colleagues, the other just a meal out and I'm assuming I'll be able to have a small meal and avoid pudding. I don't drink much which really helps keep the cost of outings down.
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 27th Feb 17, 9:21 AM
    • 185 Posts
    • 2,284 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    These storms are playing havoc with my walking plans, Yesterday was a dreadful day. It was so bad that walking just would not have been pleasant and I'd probably have caught a cold. So just walked to the shops and bought more fruit since I'd eaten every bit I'd bought previously. Been having it with yogurt for breakfast and it's been replacing my sugary snacks. Unfortunately we passed Iceland on the way so another four packets of chocolate mini rolls are now hidden somewhere around the house.
    Today is a beautiful day. Clear blue skies so after I phone to see how my brother is it's on with the boots and out in the fresh air.
    Have a good day.
    NSD 11/15 Budget £160/79/£150.00 Spends £0.00/£30.00
    AFD 26/25 Walks 21/28 Weightloss 5/49
    2017 Wombling total £331.77
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 27th Feb 17, 9:23 AM
    • 2,798 Posts
    • 22,701 Thanks
    thriftylass
    Good morning,

wow 3 pages to catch up with.

Had a productive weekend. Finished painting the guest bedroom (just tidying, cleaning, rearranging left), cleaned what seemed like 3 dead cats worth of dust, fur and other muck from under the corner sofa in the living room (how does it get to this state ), bought the kids new shoes in the Brantano clearance sale, did the weekly shop, set up a batch of Biltong, made pea soup for lunches, dug the garden over and got the potatoes and some seeds in. All that while practically being a beer widow over the weekend . Oh, and the 4 of us went swimming too.

Off to do some work and catch up on the weekend's developments later.

Plus, I just phoned DS's school as I hadn't had a note through yet for book day. Apparently, they are doing book day etc but without the dress up as they don't want to put that financial pressure on parents. Very considerate. Just DD's to do then, she better like Stick Man as I found an easy DIY cardboard costume to make
    Last edited by thriftylass; Today at 9:39 AM.
    NST Winter Voyage no 26
    SFD 17/18 groceries 366/350 spend 404/280 Exercise 15/18
    Debt - all 0% 2017 to go from 5290 (61% paid off)
    DFD 9/2017

Stopped smoking 01/01/2017
    • thriftylass
    • By thriftylass 27th Feb 17, 9:38 AM
    • 2,798 Posts
    • 22,701 Thanks
    thriftylass
    It would be awesome over the next few days, for people to post a brief summary of:
    4. One thing you are really proud of achieving, or something that worked really well this month
    Night for now everyone! x
    Originally posted by abundant1972
    I think I have 17 NSDs, so, happy with that.

My goals were to stop smoking (achieved), eat more healthily (on the way), reduce alcohol consumption (getting there), pay off all the debt and save (progress a bit slower than hoped) and start training again (well under way).

Next month I'll tackle my snacking habits.

What worked well for me this month was to set small DIY goals to get a few projects done in the house, 20min/1 hour at a time. It was good for my mental wellbeing to achieve sth beyond another load of washing.
    Last edited by thriftylass; Today at 9:41 AM.
    NST Winter Voyage no 26
    SFD 17/18 groceries 366/350 spend 404/280 Exercise 15/18
    Debt - all 0% 2017 to go from 5290 (61% paid off)
    DFD 9/2017

Stopped smoking 01/01/2017
    • ChasingSunshine
    • By ChasingSunshine 27th Feb 17, 10:53 AM
    • 30 Posts
    • 238 Thanks
    ChasingSunshine
    Hmm think I had 12 NSD but kinda lost track. Should get two more before the end of the month so 14

2017 goals are a mixed bunch. Savings are on track as is better (well more frequent anyway) contact with my brothers. Have been little more social this month but need to make more of an effort in March and well the less said about my running the better. New slate from Wednesday!!

Next month need to improve my sleep pattern. Have no problems sleeping thankfully am really lucky that way but need a lot of it so if don't sleep until all hours am wrecked for the day. So earlier bedtime I think which I suspect may be easier said than done.

Really glad I pushed myself though to make an effort with people and think I have the start of a better support system locally which is I'm thrilled about and will keep working at.

Hmm post is a little rambling and am starved might need to break into my lunch supplies a little early!!
    NST Feb #5 - 7/15 NSD, 3/12 Exercise, £59/£100 Rations
    • Moll
    • By Moll 27th Feb 17, 11:20 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 727 Thanks
    Moll
    Bobarella
    [QUOTE=Bobarella;72165536]Hi All

. And we are due £100 cashback from switching our bank account.

Weve got to switch bank accounts as our bank is closing , can I ask how you got the £100 for switching please xx
    • Moll
    • By Moll 27th Feb 17, 11:47 AM
    • 127 Posts
    • 727 Thanks
    Moll

• It would be awesome over the next few days, for people to post a brief summary of:
    Thanks everyone for all the good wishes for my Dh getting better

Skint Teacher WELL DONE for achieving all your goals

heres mine so far , bearing in mind this challenge was 3 days in when I joined

NSD 10/15 EXERSIZE 12/15 SW ON PLAN 11/15 EARLY NIGHT 6/15

Raise by other means other than wages/ savings from budget etc ,

£46.50 by feb 25th for SW countdown offer £46 .50 /£46.50
    swimming pass £25 / £25
    and 3 year train pass........which I thought expires in june, but its june next year , yayy so have to think of another 3rd goal to achieve as ive got £9.88 still riding in the pot

Weight loss goal 1b a week / total 2lb and its weigh day tomorrow

so im very happy with that

Thankyou Captain Abundant for all you've done for us and I look forward to you all dragging me along with you in March , Its been fun

Last edited by Moll; Today at 11:49 AM.
    • mrshubbard
    • By mrshubbard 27th Feb 17, 1:28 PM
    • 118 Posts
    • 593 Thanks
    mrshubbard
    I achieved 9/15 NSDs this month, prob more but didn't start the challenge till the 8th. Will def hit that target next month. It really helped me avoid those treats of a brew out here and there knowing it'd ruin my NSD.

My goals were:-

Wealth Get our cc debt down to 4 figures. A long way to go still but my cards are mostly transferred to 0% deals or low interest for life now so they should start coming down quicker. I paid my extra money left at the end of this month to myy cc as planned and hopefully will have a bit more to add once I know what my car's going to cost.

Health Stay healthy through pregnancy. Erm... Not really happened. I have cut down the unhealthy snack and my weight hasn't increases for last few weeks which I'm happy with. I need to drink more water still and the smoothies got forgotten about. Next month we're going to take advantage of our local market more to get some fruit & veg for them. I've earnt a £5 amazon voucher from surveys so will see if there's a good pregnancy fitness dvd.

Relationship First month in ages we've not had a date day/night! Think because we've been focused on saving. We've had some lovely family days out though. It's our anniversary next month so will do something then. Tech free nights havent happened.

Next month I'd like to improve on food budgeting. I think we can still do better. Also being more organised at home so there's not so much wasted time looking for things.

I'm proud of the extra money we've put to the cc. Improving our food budgeting and throwing away less, I think 1 pack of green beans that were buried in the fridge had to go and that was it. We've cut down massively on our brews and snacks out and not felt worse off for it and I think that's where most of our spare money goes.

Thanks Abundant for this challenge

Looking forward to March. Bring it on!
    1 debt vs 100 days -£120/£2681.13
    365 day penny challenge - £43.57/£667.95
    MSE action a week challenge 6/52
    NST - 9/15 NSDs £116/£120 food budget Blown it!/£30 spends
    Debts - CC1-£2625.49 £2505.49 CC2-£4415.13 CC3-£10,000ish?!
    • Calling14
    • By Calling14 27th Feb 17, 1:30 PM
    • 2,278 Posts
    • 16,707 Thanks
    Calling14
    Apologies someone must have pushed me overboard or did I jump.

Wrote a post towards end of last week, lost it so had a hissy fit and sulked

I feel bad just not got my head into gear last week with this challenge especially after Abundant putting so much time and effort into this. So sorry abundant.

Ended up spending last 2 days somehow.
    Friday - SFD
    Sat - Day out in rain with DD and Gk's so I ended up footing cafe bill(DD turn next time) and then on way home, popped and got ys chicken meal in co op, wine fell into basket as well. Good value lasted all weekend and wine still one glass left.
    Sunday - Electrician turned up so got outside light now and down lighters finally connected in my bedroom - made up for 40 pounds. Also popped out and got paint, repainted dressing table and made mistake and painted top of melanie unit looks awful. Oh well live with it now, another coat or paint the whole lot.

SFD 11/15 hope to get another one tomorrow.
    Debt repayment - paid 350 pounds off - would have been more but few repairs needed doing, never seem to have any spare cash saved. Plus 4 week month for us weekly paid nerds.
    Could do better with food shopping/ meal planning and exercise next month. Haven't dared weigh myself this week.
    Major achievement getting under 3k this month. House repairs done and I have lights now.

Given myself a talking to, just need a good shake as think gone a tad lazy and lack confidence lately. However had a boost on Friday had a msg of someone half my age on fb, do have some mutual friends, telling me I looked fit. He used to clean my neighbour's windows apparently and had seen me gardening. I couldn't stop laughing,me fit and what I wear to garden it is dire. Anyway brightened up a dull day.

Grateful for
    Warm woolly dress today
    Warm office eventually
    Homemade sweet potato soup for lunch.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 2978 27.2.17 DFD 10/17?
    E
    Fund #9 £120/£1,000PAYDBX 2017 #16 1322/4300
    1 x 100 days challenge25 2/1000
    FEB NST#13 Food 113/80 Spends 114/60 Exercise 14/28 SFD 11/15
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 27th Feb 17, 2:11 PM
    • 9,688 Posts
    • 62,435 Thanks
    Bobarella
    [QUOTE=Moll;72170083]
    Hi All

. And we are due £100 cashback from switching our bank account.

Weve got to switch bank accounts as our bank is closing , can I ask how you got the £100 for switching please xx
    Originally posted by Bobarella
    Sure. It's with First Direct.
    £389 Debt free by 31/03/17 or bust
    Roadkill 17 £48.40 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1120.84 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
    PAYDBX 7 #£386/£760 to go!!
    NST Feb1 5/15
    • Bobarella
    • By Bobarella 27th Feb 17, 2:16 PM
    • 9,688 Posts
    • 62,435 Thanks
    Bobarella
    Calling how lovely to be paid a compliment! I'm sure you deserve it

It's been pouring off and on all day so far. Managed the shopping and only got wet on the way back. Need to go and do the school run in a very short time. But DD has been napping since we got back from the shops which has provided me with a very welcome break to catch up on Easties and Holby with a cuppa. Really don't feel like hauling myself out for the big walk today.

That's the only downside to crazy hours at the weekend, I don't get a day to rest afterwards. But thankfully I have one Saturday night coming up with no need to lock up so thank heavens for small mercies!

Anyway glad everyone's alright. Back later.

Bob
    £389 Debt free by 31/03/17 or bust
    Roadkill 17 £48.40 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1120.84 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
    PAYDBX 7 #£386/£760 to go!!
    NST Feb1 5/15
    • Toni'sfriend
    • By Toni'sfriend 27th Feb 17, 3:27 PM
    • 185 Posts
    • 2,284 Thanks
    Toni'sfriend
    Afternoon Shipmates

Got my walk before the weather again turned to cold and rain. Unfortunately the sirens lured me into Lidl but I was rescued by the dolphins in the shape YS salmon. Not so Iceland. Yes – more mini rolls. Next month the other two crew members on this vessel are banned from having any more cakes/biscuits.

Review of voyage;

Haven’t done too well with NSDs and budget has gone slightly over (all those mini rolls?). I find achieving this a bit difficult as I don’t do a big shop.

I’ve lost 5 pounds and weigh in day is Wednesday so I’m hoping for another 1. Although not a massive amount it’s going to plan and the craving for sweet things is diminishing.

Walking going well too. Have been out whenever possible. Would like increase the distance next month. Going on holiday at the end of March so fingers crossed for long walks along the beach.

I am really pleased with my Alcohol Free Days. I thought this was the one I might fail but I found the willpower and I have now given up totally. Really determined to keep this going.

Just want to say “thank you” to Abundant for running this and to everyone who has taken part. It’s been fun and I have laughed out loud at many of the posts. Looking forward to the March Marathon.

Off to watch The Maltese Falcon – one of my favourites.

Today I’m grateful for;

Getting my walk before the weather changed
    Leftover chicken – had it for lunch
    Old movies – I love them

NSD 11/15 Budget £160/79/£150.00 Spends £0.00/£30.00
    AFD 26/25 Walks 21/28 Weightloss 5/49
    2017 Wombling total £331.77
    • x_raphael_xx
    • By x_raphael_xx 27th Feb 17, 7:05 PM
    • 3,230 Posts
    • 15,506 Thanks
    x_raphael_xx
    NSD no.17 achieved today.

Today has been a good day.
    Good day in work, heavy rain (which I love), and now I'm chilling under the blanket with Duncan while BF cooks tea.
    Good day
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!
    Feb Grocery Challenge £156.66/£120 Feb NSD's 17/20
    EF Challenger #36 £425/£4000
    / Lose weight 2.0/10lbs
    • apple muncher
    • By apple muncher 27th Feb 17, 7:08 PM
    • 5,550 Posts
    • 40,651 Thanks
    apple muncher
    Thank you abundant for such a personalised February challenge.

Today I am grateful for my warm coat, for buses, for a yummy tea, for playing with dd, for teaching some lovely children.
    NST Feb voyager #6; NSD 13; Ex 13; craft 41; remove 115
    2017 MFW#63 Pay off: £493/£4000; 2
    017 sell

Mortgage £27,295 (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295) MFWDate Dec 2018
    • Moll
    • By Moll 27th Feb 17, 7:38 PM
    • 127 Posts
    • 727 Thanks
    Moll
    [QUOTE=Bobarella;72171208]

Sure. It's with First Direct.
    Originally posted by Moll

Thankyou x
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 27th Feb 17, 7:39 PM
    • 3,729 Posts
    • 19,045 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Sunday became a spend day - weighed myself (at my mum's) for the first time in ages and I am now feeling like a heifer!! So on the way home called at Lidl for salad ready for lunches this week.

Today has been a NSD so that takes me to 15 for the month.

Not sure if tomorrow will be a NSD as need plain flour for pancakes but may just mix plain and self-raising which won't do any harm. Have all other toppings in!!

Today I am grateful for:
    1. Pre-payment certificates for prescriptions (DH's meds would cost over £80pm if we didn't have this)
    2. Not cooking in the evenings (going very well!!)
    3. A nice warm house (it's got a bit chilly here and maybe wintry tomorrow)
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 32 for February
    NSD - 13/15
    (up to 24/2/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

5,070Posts Today

11,089Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Good morning & goodbye. Now my series is over, I'm going to take a week off work & twitter to spend time with Mrs & mini MSE. Ta ta for now

• RT @JulieGriff4: £2800 paid into my bank thanks to @MartinSLewis advice about packaged accounts. Unexpected and welcome. Great advice ????

• RT @justwanna: Listened to an hour's worth of @MartinSLewis podcasts. Now have a pathological need to save some money!

• Follow Martin