item not as described & bits missing

I will try to keep this as short as possible!!

Purchased a reborn doll on behalf of my friend Dec 9th 2012. Purchased the item, paying a little extra for extra bits and bobs to go with the item. Total cost £217.00

Delivery date was estimated 30th Jan 2013 (giving the seller enough time to make it to our specification). Item didn't arrive so i got in touch and she said it would be delayed due to some items being faulty & her having to re-order. The item arrived 1st week of February.

When i opened the box i was horrified!! The reborn doll was nothing like we expected! I was gutted! The item was not as described (she had not done the doll to our request & also items were MISSING) The item looks like it has been rushed. It's not finished to an acceptable standard & it's nothing like we had asked for.

We have emailed the seller and yet to have a reply (2weeks now) We did manage to get hold of her and she said she would send out the missing items (we are yet to received them) She told us to try a couple of things with the reborn to style the hair (it has not worked)

Contacted ebay and paypal and we are not able to open a dispute case as its over the 45 days. Explained to ebay that the delivery date for the reborn doll was just over 45 days anyways!

Since contacting ebay we have found a website where to my horror i have found that 2 other buyers have recently been in the same situation, 1 buyer spending more money on their item. They've had no luck in contacting the seller as she ignores ALL emails and phone calls. Both buyers said they had been in touch with ebay to make them aware of this seller. I feel it's really unfair that she is getting away with this!!

Has anyone got any suggestions as where we stand with trying to get our money back? Item is not as described & items which we paid extra for are missing .. Any help would be much appreciated?

Comments

• Did you pay by credit card through Paypal? You may be able to claim with your bank for a section 75 (I think) refund.
  • Did you pay by credit card through Paypal? You may be able to claim with your bank for a section 75 (I think) refund.

I paid with a visa debit card through paypal?
  • bartelbe
    bartelbe Posts: 553 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Sounds like a scam, the long lead time protecting the seller from any comeback from ebay. You can try paypal, or if it is a business, consummer protection laws. At the very least, give the seller a neg and low stars. Enough of those will stop it happening to anyone else.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    bartelbe wrote: »
    Sounds like a scam, the long lead time protecting the seller from any comeback from ebay. You can try paypal, or if it is a business, consummer protection laws. At the very least, give the seller a neg and low stars. Enough of those will stop it happening to anyone else.

Paypal is no good as it is over 45 days, feedback cannot be left as it is over 60 days.

That only leaves, as suggested a card chargeback or ultimately small claims court.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Leave bad feedback and low stars to warn other buyers. If lots of a buyers do this it will affect their rating and they will eventually get banned.

Have you got their address on any of the paperwork?

If you really don't want it then I would send it back to them special delivery with a strongly worded letter saying you would like a refund and will take them to court if you do not receive it.

You can always mock up some solicitors letters 14 days after that if you dont get your refund or actually take them to court.

Dont give in, you will get there. I think you're going to have to be prepared to fight tho.

Gary.
  • soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,184 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Leave bad feedback and low stars to warn other buyers. If lots of a buyers do this it will affect their rating and they will eventually get banned.

Have you got their address on any of the paperwork?

If you really don't want it then I would send it back to them special delivery with a strongly worded letter saying you would like a refund and will take them to court if you do not receive it.

You can always mock up some solicitors letters 14 days after that if you dont get your refund or actually take them to court.

Dont give in, you will get there. I think you're going to have to be prepared to fight tho.

Gary.

Over 60 days for feedback.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • I've not been able to see her address anywhere. It's not on the paypal receipt. Where else could i find it?
  • I've managed to get her address :):):) What is the best action to take next? Send a letter to her?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure