Yodel - shockingly bad - email address anyone?

Comments

• The chances are that the 2 areas you mentioned aren't served by the same depot as they are so far apart.Most towns have the same street names and things like this can happen unfortunately.
    Yodel is made of 2 networks atm-it sounds like you had dealings with the ex DHL side as the ex HDN side don't handle those clients.I'm not sure if their drivers have to call customers in advance but I work for the ex HDN side and its not something I've ever had to do.

I agree that the areas are too far apart, My orders weren't important for christmas that's why I'm more annoyed with the way they dealt with it and spoke to me and not the delivery times.
    I only asked them to pass my number onto the driver when they were supposed to collect my missing parcels from the addresses they delivered to and to call me to find my actual address but nobody called but 2 out of 3 have now turned up by a very friendly driver who also apologised for the previous drivers.
  • My La Senza order took AGES to come, on the Yodel tracking thing it kept saying out for delivery then back at depot. When it finally arrived the delivery man was really strange to the point where I felt quite uncomfortable. I'm not surprised orders get wrongly delivered, the Yodel man said to me, "So is this like a house then? Do you like live in it and stuff?" - I can confirm it is a house ( with nothing extraordinary about it at all) and I do live in it - and stuff.
  • ~Chameleon~
    ~Chameleon~ Posts: 11,956 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    All delivery companies get the same complaints, search and see for yourself.
    BTW do Boots post their goods under a different company name because I haven't seen any of their stuff coming through for probably 2+ years?

Boots do use Yodel to deliver their goods but not the HDNL/Yodel model group, they use the old DHL depots with self-employed couriers and are as much use as a chocolate teapot!
    “You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”
  • I supposedly had a delivery from yodel on the 7th of December, no one in card left!
    I was in all day and no card was left, I have rang yodel severel times, the last time they told me the package had been signed for and delivered, I have rang Amazon who can't replace all the items because they're sold out. In 5 days no one from Yodel has been in touch to tell me whats happening, I have to keep ringing them. Next time I order anything on line I shall stipulate that they do not use Yodel!!!!
    HOW MUCH ?
  • I think this has gotten out of hand.

Firstly, when websites like Amazon offer "free super saver delivery", what we the customers are expecting is that our parcel will turn up in a week or so. We're saying "it's not urgent, five-seven days is fine".

First class post, we expect a first class stamp on it.

Express, we want it next day.

This new model of Yodel/Hermes is utter crap and is not what has been the industry norm for over ten years! I'm happy to pay for express service if I need a certain item by the morning. A free service I would expect 5-7 days and in my letter box, not two weeks and a boat load of arrogant, flatulent and frankly, plain abuse of power... In other words, if you're lucky, I'll throw it vaguely in your direction, "message in a bottle" style!

I am now waiting for three seperate Yodel deliveries, the latest update is on one from the 15th of December that it's with a Borehamwood courier.

After spending 9am-12:30 phoning various people, retrying engaged numbers, I was finally told by some rude and arrogant bloke that it's somewhere in Borehamwood + sob story about it being Xmas and "everyfink's slow, innit" - what am I unreasonable to expect things to actually reach my house?

I contacted Amazon and have cancelled my orders. My Play.com orders - which are free delivery across the board I might add - popped through my letterbox within four days of ordering. I guess I'm giving cash presents this year!

I have previously experienced HDNL's service. I had a part coming for my car and paid £6 for delivery - I had no idea it was HDNL. I got a card through my door with a mobile number scrawled on it. It turned out I had to collect it from some average joe as he wasn't about to redliver it. I drove 32 miles to North London to collect it from a pizza shop seemingly run by the most dodgiest-looking people; I wondered if I was going to leave the area without being mugged. He handed me my parcel (with a pizza menu) and I left quickly.

I've contacted Amazon and cited that their Super Saver Delivery used to mean 2nd or 3rd class post. Why this isn't the case anymore beats me! You get a card through the door from the post office if you're not in and drive 2 minutes around the corner to get it.

I've shipped over a thousand parcels in my life and offer free delivery with my business. I would never ever subject my customers to Yodel.

And no, they are no cheaper than Royal Mail 2nd class!

The point is, if any of us knew via our internet shopping providers that they intended to deliver via Yodel, most of us would have stumped up the extra £4 to have it sent by Royal Mail. At least we'd know it would get to us! But the point is, the customers of the world are not expecting "free delivery" to mean "I'll give it to Barry the Dodgy Bloke down the pub and he'll give it to his mate and you might get it with a thump in the nose if you're not careful!". Free delivery means "We'll take a bit longer about it, but it'll get there".

Frankly, I don't give a toss what order you load your van in. I don't give a toss how well you know your streets and area. Frankly, as that's your job, I'm glad you have a professional attitude and the knowledge that goes with it. All I care about is you walk your !!! up to my house, hand me my stuff, say "no worries" as I thank you and then we can both get on with our lives!

I don't tell my mechanic how to fix my car; that's his job, I don't give a toss how he knows it so long as he does it.
  • alyssa_mae wrote: »
    I supposedly had a delivery from yodel on the 7th of December, no one in card left!
    I was in all day and no card was left, I have rang yodel severel times, the last time they told me the package had been signed for and delivered, I have rang Amazon who can't replace all the items because they're sold out. In 5 days no one from Yodel has been in touch to tell me whats happening, I have to keep ringing them. Next time I order anything on line I shall stipulate that they do not use Yodel!!!!

Amazon told me that they cannot stipulate not to use Yokel on a customer's account.

I've told them they're about to lose my business to Play.com.

Given I spend a mixture of £120 personal expenditure on DVDs and CDs and over £800 for various business-related things, that's a fair amount of cash.

All over a cheap, two-bit, shonky delivery company.

Stupid!
  • I deposited a parcel containing clothes at my local (two man) post office at 1641 on 20th and it arrived this morning in Europe at breakfast time.

That's a sound delivery service.

Also I have been impressed by DPD UK's (https://www.dpd.co.uk) tracking system who were used by TKMaxx to get the items to me in the first place. I could see several steps in the logistical process online, and received both email and text the moment the items were put on the delivery van (giving me the option to text or online alter the delivery to a selection of dates) and the tracking website was updated immediately. Very impressive.
  • MichH wrote: »
    snip

At this point, I'd be more than happy if someone just gave me a postcode and I'd drive down to borehamwood and get it... I'll deal with the amazon fallout afterwards.
  • I deposited a parcel containing clothes at my local (two man) post office at 1641 on 20th and it arrived this morning in Europe at breakfast time.

That's a sound delivery service.

Also I have been impressed by DPD UK's tracking system who were used by TKMaxx to get the items to me in the first place. I could see several steps in the logistical process online, and received both email and text the moment the items were put on the delivery van (giving me the option to text or online alter the delivery to a selection of dates) and the tracking website was updated immediately. Very impressive.

I use DPD for my business.

I am continuously impressed by their service - and the fact that they're cheaper than UPS and DHL!

ALWAYS next day delivery with them and I've no so much as had a slightly scuffed box corner reported to me!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure