PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite

EDIT: Well, that was the plan, but I'd forgotten I still have 4 crumpets BB today....so I've toasted two of those and .... tossed the other two in the freezer :)

You could always freeze them :D:D
  • Hollyharvey
    Forumite

When it comes to kitchen tasks - I would be prepared to pay for someone to give a cooker a darn good clean (as they simply don't get a darn good clean left to me:rotfl:). However, that was all part of getting my new kitchen recently - ie I note that cookers these days have this thingie re burning off the gunk themselves in operation from their insides. Cue for me thinking "Oh good - and that's another reason to have a new kitchen and junk the very tatty old cooker I had".

I had to have a new cooker about a year ago and I was really pleased that it burns off the gunk itself. I just wipe the bottom of the oven and the door over now and again.

The other thing I am really pleased to have is an induction hob. Just a wipe over with a damp cloth and whatever I have spilled comes off :D
  • Hollyharvey
    Forumite
    I went for one of the normal breakfasts of scrambled egg on toast.

For lunch I had a cheese salad sarnie.

Dinner is going to be a lamp rump steak steamed veg and new potatoes. I am going to have that shortly because my cousin is over from Canada and everyone is coming here later and we are all going out for a drink. :J

I have spent most of the day baking their requests, so we now have, two summer berry loaf cakes, one coffee and walnut, a batch of blueberry muffins and a batch of white chocolate and raspberry ones. This is all for everyone to eat with a sandwich and cup of tea either for lunches or afternoon tea over the weekend at my brother's house.

I am so looking forward to seeing them because Kevin and I have always got on really well and are very close. :D

Another bonus, one day we will all eat out and I one day we will all eat at my brother's so two whole days of not CFO between now and Monday. :)
  • There was me feeling pleased with myself that I'm now getting my kitchen so organised - down to things like getting all my different grains/pulses/etc/etc in exactly the right order (ie alphabetical order on my shelves - so that I can instantly find what I want/know if I need to buy more/etc)...

.....and I've just spilt some soy sauce on carpet (pretty darn new - pale carpet):eek:.

So I've mopped up what I can with kitchen paper towels. Now how do I deal with the rest to get the carpet back to normal please? Suggestions please?
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,114
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite

.....and I've just spilt some soy sauce on carpet (pretty darn new - pale carpet):eek:.

So I've mopped up what I can with kitchen paper towels. Now how do I deal with the rest to get the carpet back to normal please? Suggestions please?

Borrow a dog? ;)
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,114
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Tonight's dinner is now decided, cheese on toast with beans & fried eggs on top, very CBA and too hot to bother
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Hollyharvey
    Forumite
    Farway wrote: »
    Tonight's dinner is now decided, cheese on toast with beans & fried eggs on top, very CBA and too hot to bother

Now put some Worcester sauce on the cheese as well and that would be my idea of heaven :)
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,058
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    There was me feeling pleased with myself that I'm now getting my kitchen so organised - down to things like getting all my different grains/pulses/etc/etc in exactly the right order (ie alphabetical order on my shelves - so that I can instantly find what I want/know if I need to buy more/etc)...

Dabbing not scrubbing with diluted washing up liquid would be worth a try- might take a few goes. Fingers crossed.
    Now put some Worcester sauce on the cheese as well and that would be my idea of heaven :)
    Mine too :D.

Fridge is all organised with all the bits and bobs in baskets:D. After I was finished that I was in "organising - mode" so resumed bedroom cupboard tidying:cool:.
    Unfortunately I've had to bin 3 of my tomato plants and another two are in quarantine on my deck. Not sure what the problem is but looks like some kind of wilt so taking no chances.....:(

My new stool arrived - I'd ordered one so I could sit down in the greenhouse and there is not enough space for a chair. It was only £7 inc delivery and is pretty sturdy so that should make life a bit easier in there:D

Will organised my dinner in a bit once I've put my bedroom back to rights.

Holly - your baking sounds lovely coffee & walnut for me please:D
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite

I've no idea.... my guess/starting point would be to get anti-bacterial cleaner and paper towles and microfibre cloths. Sop up what I could, then spray it with anti-bac and wait 1-2 minutes and press down with paper towels to try to get more out ... then more anti-bac and try a bit of rubbing with microfibre.

Next stage would be to try a paste of washing powder/water and pressing/rubbing.

But ... as I said....I've no idea, that's just where I'd start, with what I've got.
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I don't do much tidying because to tidy up everything needs to have a place to be put.... and I'm a bit short on suitable furniture, cupboards etc.

Also, if I might want the thing again soon, why go to the trouble of tidying it away when I can just put it down here - so that when I want it next time I can see it - and don't have to second guess where I put it.

I bought an electric screwdriver.... I've tidied it away and not seen it for months. Looked for it too! A few times. I've only got a small 2-up-2-down, no garage, it's not in the shed (as it's "electrical" so I'd have not put it in there).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure