IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Gladstones, CCJ, old address HELP!

1235»

Comments

• hi,

thanks for the reply.

My wife has created a new thread regarding her case and CCJ...
    forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=72091641#post72091641

If anyone can give any advise that will be really appreciated.
  • zebrarose
    zebrarose Posts: 99 Forumite
    hayley0408 wrote: »
    I'd really appreciate some advice/help on the above.
    I'm off to a Help to Buy advisory day tomorrow, so thought I would print off my credit report so I have it to hand for further advice. When checking my credit score (which I do every month!) I found out it had decreased from 5/5 to 1/5 in a month!! After some investigation I cold see no outstanding debts etc, but there was a sneaky CCJ from County Court Business Centre for £250. The registered address was one that I lived in 3 years ago. I moved from this address in August 2015, and then moved again in August 2016. I called the CCBC to inquire about what this CCJ was and they advised it was from Euro Parking Services for 14th September 2016, and the solicitor dealing with it is Gladstones. The judgement date was 3rd January 2017.

Now enter my confusion.
    Aside from the fact I cannot remember 14th September 2016, I also cannot remember a parking fine. This is something I would definitely remember, as I never get them! I know that if I had got one I would have paid it (stupidly I know) just to get rid of it.
    I am even more confused as I have never received any documentation regarding this fine. I have been registered on the electoral roll at all of my addresses and have altered my address details on my driving license for all 3 addresses, so am baffled as to why I have not been contacted.
    The gentleman at the CCBC advised that if I call Gladstones and offer to pay in full by 3rd Feb, my credit rating will return to normal and there would be no further impact.
    I am not that naive though. If i throw money at this situation I'm sure it will go away, but what about the fact that I've never seen a parking ticket, I've received no documentation around this case, and furthermore i can't actually say that this is a legitimate ticket!

Any advice would be really appreciated...heavily pregnant hormonal and panicking woman sitting right here!

What is the progress of the OP?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    zebrarose wrote: »
    What is the progress of the OP?

Hasn't visited the forum for 6 weeks. Why not PM her?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • hayley0408
    hayley0408 Posts: 13 Forumite
    Sorry, just to update I applied to have the CCJ set aside and it has now been passed to the relevant court for a decision. I have been advised that there is no time frame on this unfortunately, so am still awaiting a decision.
  • Hi Coupon mad 😊

My partner is in a similar situation, we are looking to purchase our first home and found that he had a ccj assigned to in back in September.

We aren’t sure for which ticket but believe it’s the resident parking in our area, they have always communicated directly to this address but somehow send the court documents to his old address where is his ex resides and she is unfortunately not very helpful when it comes to post and letting him know.

We are not in this predicament and would love to fix it. The problem we are facing now is that we did we did ignore the tickets and shouldn’t have however we didn’t get the chance to defend or pay without the application of the ccj and that both Gladstone and the CPM had contacted him at his current address why would it go to his old (electoral at the time was also at current address)?

How can we get it set aside with consent if we can’t contsct Gladstone at all?

I really hope I am at the right place!

Thank you in advance

Azhar xx :j
  • Ralph-y
    Ralph-y Posts: 4,563 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    welcome to the forum ....

please read up on the newbies thread ...

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

and then start a new thread ......

we ask posters to keep to there own thread so as not to confuse issues ...

Ralph:cool:
  • Of course, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family