We all need to be heard for a little while.

Options

Comments

• Pyxis
    Pyxis Posts: 46,077 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Mine just ate some green tripe soup........
    Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

Why is it green?
    Tripe is the only offal I don't like! I bet they're farting piggies now! :rotfl:
    Stinky pets are allowed, LIR! I would still love them just as much!

Wow, so many views! Does anyone else feel weird being on a new thread? No, didn't think so. It's just me being odd then...
    Have you ever smelled tripe, WaS? :D
    Never mind, we can bung tissue up our noses! Tee hee!

Yes , a new thread does feel odd! Aren't we weird? :rotfl:

Anyone for snowballs! WaS, I bet you're game!
    2penceworth.gif
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox
    Founder Member: 'WIMPS ANONYMOUS' and 'VICTIMS of the RANDOM HEDGEHOG'
    I'm in a clique! It's a clique of one! It's a unique clique!
    I love :eek:

• Waves_and_Smiles
    Options
    Yay! I love snowballs, snow in general really. We had blue skies again today, I have given up on any winter weather this year. I haven't even seen tripe in real life, I presume it isn't pleasant?
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pyxis wrote: »
    Ewwwwwwwwwwww!

Why is it green?
    Tripe is the only offal I don't like! I bet they're farting piggies now! :rotfl:

Have you ever smelled tripe, WaS? :D

They eat tripe regularly, so it suits their digestion.....the mango, may be less fortuitous. But greyhounds are reknowned for their wind. There is a 'new breed' of sight hound called the silken windhound and I still chuckle when I think it was a really misguided name, as I bet they have sighthound flatulence....so the 'fairy tale ' name probably comes with a 'stink' in ( or under) the tail!

Green tripe.....um.....cause its green. Tbf, the tripe we get is really nice quality and doesn't smell bad at all compared to the stomach churning stuff I remember as a child. :)

But with hot water, or left out for too long.... But the dogs love it.
  • Pyxis
    Options
    Yay! I love snowballs, snow in general really. We had blue skies again today, I have given up on any winter weather this year. I haven't even seen tripe in real life, I presume it isn't pleasant?

Interesting that LIR says that 'modern' tripe is pleasant.

The only tripe I've ever tried was in 1972. It smelled like very strong, horrid pig, and unfortunately tasted exactly like the smell.
    It looked creamy white, though, hence my bewilderment at the green description.

It is supposed to be very digestible, so good for invalids, and nutritious.

Is your tripe pig or sheep or cow? Maybe the one I had was pig, and maybe sheep tripe or cow tripe is nicer?
    As I said, it's the only offal I've ever had that I don't like, but am willing to be persuaded otherwise!
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

Her Greenliness Baroness Pyxis of the Alphabetty, Pinnacle of Peadom and Official Brainbox

• lostinrates
    lostinrates Posts: 55,283 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Interesting that LIR says that 'modern' tripe is pleasant.

The only tripe I've ever tried was in 1972. It smelled like very strong, horrid pig, and unfortunately tasted exactly like the smell.
    It looked creamy white, though, hence my bewilderment at the green description.

It is supposed to be very digestible, so good for invalids, and nutritious.

Is your tripe pig or sheep or cow? Maybe the one I had was pig, and maybe sheep tripe or cow tripe is nicer?
    As I said, it's the only offal I've ever had that I don't like, but am willing to be persuaded otherwise!

I wouldn't go so far as to say pleasant. :D

I've only eaten tripe a couple of times. There was one time I didn't know I was eating tripe and I liked it. Yes, white. Power of the mind eh? :o. No idea what sort.

The dogs tripe is beef tripe. Green...because its what's left after every thing else is taken. Green is the descriptor. Its actually sort of grey. It probably cooks to whitish grey, but I've never tried. Its the bits no one wants to eat. :). ( except dogs). I think this is better than it used to be because its probably processed quicker.
  • LostSoulForever
    Options
    This thread certainly moves at a pace doesn't it :).

Might rant/vent later......

Oh & welcome dragonette :D feloow newbie here.
    What came first, the music or the misery?
    Did I listen to pop music because I was miserable? Or was I miserable because I listened to pop music?
  • Waves_and_Smiles
    Waves_and_Smiles Posts: 5,263 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 30 January 2015 at 7:20PM
    Options
    Hello again, LSF! You are welcome to vent!

How is the headache today, LIR?

On the subject of offal I used to eat it a lot as a child without realising. For years I would eat liver and kidney as well as having tongue and brawn sandwiches and some of my dad's lamb hearts. Somehow I never associated the name of the foods with the corresponding animal organ. I remember when the penny suddenly dropped when I was 11 and I promptly refused all meat for months in absolute horror of what I had been eating. I only discovered what brawn was a couple of years ago when I looked it up, for some reason I always thought it was a kind of ham...
    Until one has loved an animal a part of one's soul remains unawakened - Anatole France

If I knew that the world would end tomorrow, I would still plant apple trees today - Martin Luther King
  • mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Talking about the duvet fort, can all the dogs and cuddlies come in too?

aa3b44af17adf78c85503c27b6ef1242.jpg

That's my two! I shall have to post picsies

Fort is comfy I have two fatty curled round me (one of which is snoring again)

I am properly contracting now so am scared.
  • Pyxis
    Options
    mellymoo74 wrote: »
    That's my two! I shall have to post picsies

Fort is comfy I have two fatty curled round me (one of which is snoring again)

I am properly contracting now so am scared.

Don't be scared, Mellymoo, you're in our duvet fort!

With biscuits!

And dogs!

And tissue up your nose!

:rotfl:
    (I just lurve spiders!)
    INFJ(Turbulent).

• mellymoo74
    mellymoo74 Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tissue is necessary blinking Froo did a loud trump looked surprised, then glared at me why is it my fault?

Just going to order the smoothie whatsit.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure