Cycling and skidding into a car

Comments

• He was not cycling too fast ,it happened because of grit and stones on the road ...Husband has just rung to say that the Union have said the company are negligent due to the condition of the road and its in HR hands now.. and if the guy makes anymore threats and approaches my husband again he is to inform him to take it up with the company and call security.
    Thanks for the comments and positive advice its much appreciated.
  • custardy wrote: »
    Did you seriously expect your husbands company to pay for the damage?

Yes . And they are. Thanks.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,545
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    short2005 wrote: »

That is most unusual. Most companies would automatically deny responsibility.
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
  • That is most unusual. Most companies would automatically deny responsibility.

Not where my husband works (heavy industry)
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    short2005 wrote: »

Glad HR gave you that update on a Sunday.....
  • That is most unusual. Most companies would automatically deny responsibility.

When I started work 42 years ago, failure to clean spillage off the floor was used as an example to educate employees about new Health and Safety legislation that made employees jointly responsible in addition to the existing responsibility of employers.
  • custardy wrote: »
    Glad HR gave you that update on a Sunday.....

I read it as the union have updated the husband. My union reps are generally avaliable, or will get back to you when they can, weekends included.
  • custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    I read it as the union have updated the husband. My union reps are generally avaliable, or will get back to you when they can, weekends included.

Yup and a rep stating their opinion and it actually being fact are a very different thing.
    The OP on the other hand is confident this is a done deal.....
  • Aretnap
    Aretnap Posts: 5,177
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    This seems to be More Than's home insurance policy wording

https://www.morethan.com/media/filer_public/4b/87/4b87f058-1b5a-4e70-96c7-3bcdd3d31814/more-than-home-insurance-policy-wording.pdf

Personal liability is covered - page 22.
  • lincroft1710
    lincroft1710 Posts: 17,545
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    jack_pott wrote: »
    When I started work 42 years ago, failure to clean spillage off the floor was used as an example to educate employees about new Health and Safety legislation that made employees jointly responsible in addition to the existing responsibility of employers.

Liquid spillage on a factory floor is very different from loose grit on an access road
    If you are querying your Council Tax band would you please state whether you are in England, Scotland or Wales
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure