Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nick9967
    • By Nick9967 3rd Nov 17, 9:42 AM
    • 9Posts
    • 2Thanks
    Nick9967
    Miss sold PPI or Plevin? help
    • 3rd Nov 17, 9:42 AM
    Miss sold PPI or Plevin? help 3rd Nov 17 at 9:42 AM
    Hi I've used Resolver to do 2 or 3 very very vague claims on miss selling PPI, unbelievably one of them has upheld and is sending a big fat cheque. This has spurred me on to cover every financial institution ive ever had dealings with and have now done about a dozen on Resolver. My question is that when you start a Resolver case you have the choice of which type of complaint you want to send, Miss Selling PPI, Plevin etc etc, till now ive done all under miss selling PPI , should I do another case to the same bank (or whatever) under Plevin or>?
Page 2
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 12th Nov 17, 3:46 PM
    • 90,375 Posts
    • 57,165 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Sent my pleven thing off today via resolver form to capital one so will be interested to see if I get any commission paid back. Had credit card 14 years. Wonder what it might be?
    Originally posted by Cleo9990
    Timescale doesnt matter unless you were borrowing on the card each and every month for that period (borrowed as in the amount you didnt pay back in full that month). Then it is the amount you borrowed each month.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Cleo9990
    • By Cleo9990 26th Nov 17, 8:02 PM
    • 32 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cleo9990
    Ah, so the fact I have nearly always paid off my balance in full as far as I can remember each month, apart from the odd build up every now and then (like now I have nearly 3k on it and have had a balance on it up and down over the last 2 years) means I will be likely to not receive anything much because my ppi payments didn' t build up on a large balance? Do they take ppi payments anyhow even when you pay off your balance each month? It's frightening how little I know about the whole thing. But then again I am not a financial advisor or in finance or business! It's a good job too!!!
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 26th Nov 17, 8:36 PM
    • 90,375 Posts
    • 57,165 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Ah, so the fact I have nearly always paid off my balance in full as far as I can remember each month, apart from the odd build up every now and then (like now I have nearly 3k on it and have had a balance on it up and down over the last 2 years) means I will be likely to not receive anything much because my ppi payments didn' t build up on a large balance?
    Correct. PPI was only paid when you borrowed outside the interest free period each month.

Do they take ppi payments anyhow even when you pay off your balance each month?
    No.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Cleo9990
    • By Cleo9990 27th Nov 17, 8:18 AM
    • 32 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cleo9990
    Thankyou for clarifying Dunstonh. I'll be surprised now then if I receive anything much at all. Sigh. Should have built up more debt, lol!
    • Laid Back Rich
    • By Laid Back Rich 27th Nov 17, 12:13 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Laid Back Rich
    I've just found this on internet, but as a newbie here am not allowed to post a clickable URL:

articles.ppipress.co.uk/simple-ppi/?s3=26126393

anyone know anything about it?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 27th Nov 17, 2:33 PM
    • 90,375 Posts
    • 57,165 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Post #25 is spam - press the spam button (unless the post is removed and this becomes #25)
    • Laid Back Rich
    • By Laid Back Rich 27th Nov 17, 4:36 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Laid Back Rich
    not spam!
    er, no, my post #25 above was not spam, it was a genuine question
    Last edited by Laid Back Rich; 27-11-2017 at 4:36 PM. Reason: clarify
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 27th Nov 17, 4:42 PM
    • 19,119 Posts
    • 10,296 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    it was a genuine question
    Originally posted by Laid Bck Rich
    So ask the question directly rather than attempt to circumvent the rule that doesn't allow you to post links yet..
    • Laid Back Rich
    • By Laid Back Rich 27th Nov 17, 4:47 PM
    • 3 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Laid Back Rich
    that's not easy because my query is about that particular webpage
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

1,268Posts Today

8,386Users online

Martin's Twitter