Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Nick9967
    • By Nick9967 3rd Nov 17, 9:42 AM
    • 8Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Nick9967
    Miss sold PPI or Plevin? help
    • 3rd Nov 17, 9:42 AM
    Miss sold PPI or Plevin? help 3rd Nov 17 at 9:42 AM
    Hi I've used Resolver to do 2 or 3 very very vague claims on miss selling PPI, unbelievably one of them has upheld and is sending a big fat cheque. This has spurred me on to cover every financial institution ive ever had dealings with and have now done about a dozen on Resolver. My question is that when you start a Resolver case you have the choice of which type of complaint you want to send, Miss Selling PPI, Plevin etc etc, till now ive done all under miss selling PPI , should I do another case to the same bank (or whatever) under Plevin or>?
Page 1
    • zx81
    • By zx81 3rd Nov 17, 9:46 AM
    • 14,128 Posts
    • 14,817 Thanks
    zx81
    • 3rd Nov 17, 9:46 AM
    • 3rd Nov 17, 9:46 AM
    If you've been paid out for mis selling, you don't get a payout under Plevin.
    • Nick9967
    • By Nick9967 3rd Nov 17, 9:59 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nick9967
    • 3rd Nov 17, 9:59 AM
    • 3rd Nov 17, 9:59 AM
    maybe I wasn't clear, if I'm declined by an institution under a miss selling PPI complaint , can I re -complain to same people but use the Plevin template OR do that institution generally check all possible versions if you complain under miss selling PPI??
    • zx81
    • By zx81 3rd Nov 17, 10:12 AM
    • 14,128 Posts
    • 14,817 Thanks
    zx81
    • 3rd Nov 17, 10:12 AM
    • 3rd Nov 17, 10:12 AM
    If you're rejected, they will also check under Plevin.
    • Nick9967
    • By Nick9967 3rd Nov 17, 10:13 AM
    • 8 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Nick9967
    • 3rd Nov 17, 10:13 AM
    • 3rd Nov 17, 10:13 AM
    ok thanks that's clear
    • gman41
    • By gman41 4th Nov 17, 9:59 AM
    • 33 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    gman41
    • 4th Nov 17, 9:59 AM
    • 4th Nov 17, 9:59 AM
    I got rejected by Capital one CC for PPI but they wrote to me asking me to use Resolver for the Plevin, I put in the complaint and they paid up within 3 weeks.
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 4th Nov 17, 10:07 AM
    • 18,739 Posts
    • 9,989 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    • 4th Nov 17, 10:07 AM
    • 4th Nov 17, 10:07 AM
    I got rejected by Capital one CC for PPI but they wrote to me asking me to use Resolver for the Plevin,
    Originally posted by gman41
    The Bank wrote to you inviting you to use a third party E-mail template in order to complain? I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound at all correct. What exactly did their letter say? Did it really mention Resolver by name?
    • -taff
    • By -taff 4th Nov 17, 10:43 AM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    -taff
    • 4th Nov 17, 10:43 AM
    • 4th Nov 17, 10:43 AM
    They have put a link to it on their website.
    • Chrissy175
    • By Chrissy175 7th Nov 17, 8:13 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Chrissy175
    • 7th Nov 17, 8:13 PM
    • 7th Nov 17, 8:13 PM
    Hi folks - looking for advice! Myself & hubby got PPI repaid years ago - we were naïve as it was fairly new back then and we done it through a broker in Paisley so obviously paid a chunk to them!
    However, hubby received a letter today (07.11.17) from ClaimLion Law (seem legit - have Googled them - but they're not the original firm we used?) stating we can claim again under the Plevin rule! I can't remember if any of our original claims were refused to be honest. What worries me more is that this firm seems to have details of who we have borrowed from, such as Tesco Bank and Lloyds etc.. Their letter also suggests we can claim again as we MAY not have received the full amount of compensation?

Any thoughts of whether this is worth us looking at it again (off our own backs this time - not using a broker!)? And would it be worth doing under the 'Resolver' tool on MSE? Cheers

(On a side note - I had a 'Goldfish credit card years ago. I got a small PPI refund from them a while back after THEY contacted ME and asked me to complete a few simple details. Then about a month ago they sent me another cheque for £87 and quoted the Plevin ruling-again I didn't have to do anything - so big thumbs up to BarclayCard!)
    • -taff
    • By -taff 8th Nov 17, 8:13 PM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    -taff
    Don't touch them with a bargepole.

I thought Plevin only applied to rejected complains, not successful ones....
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Nov 17, 8:21 PM
    • 89,593 Posts
    • 56,067 Thanks
    dunstonh
    However, hubby received a letter today (07.11.17) from ClaimLion Law (seem legit - have Googled them - but they're not the original firm we used?) stating we can claim again under the Plevin rule!
    No you cant. Plevin only applies to rejected complaints. Complaints that were upheld are not affected by Plevin for quite logical reasons.

Most people are going to be contacted automatically by the banks if Plevin applies. If a CMC was originally used, they cannot get a penny on the Plevin related refund unless they get their name attached to. So, many CMCs are currently contacting people to try and make out they are involved and therefore can take a cut from the redress. All quite dodgy really.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Mckat
    • By Mckat 8th Nov 17, 8:24 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mckat
    Help needed please! My partner has claimed for misold PPI on a Barclaycard he has had for nearly 20 years. They have said they don't agree it was misold but have said they will give him the commission which is an offer of £1000! We feel it should be much more. Should we appeal through Plevin using the tool on here or go straight to the ombudsman? Can they refuse the claim out right, what else can we say that may strengthen the claim?
    • -taff
    • By -taff 8th Nov 17, 8:46 PM
    • 7,113 Posts
    • 5,112 Thanks
    -taff
    The commision IS the Plevin redress.

If they have rejected your complaint, you can take it to the FOS yes.

However, you can't negotiate on the plevin front.
    • Mckat
    • By Mckat 8th Nov 17, 8:52 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Mckat
    Can we appeal the decision directly with the bank?
    • dunstonh
    • By dunstonh 8th Nov 17, 10:09 PM
    • 89,593 Posts
    • 56,067 Thanks
    dunstonh
    Should we appeal through Plevin using the tool on here or go straight to the ombudsman?
    They are paying you out under the plevin ruling. So, it would be pointless appealing that as they are already paying that.

If you disagree with the complaint outcome, you can refer your case to the FOS.

Can we appeal the decision directly with the bank?
    Do you have new evidence that you think may change their decision or show that their decision was wrong?
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). Comments are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice. Different people have different needs and what is right for one person may not be for another. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
    • Cleo9990
    • By Cleo9990 11th Nov 17, 10:20 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cleo9990
    May I ask how long ago your initial missold ppi request was done and rejected? I've had a letter today telling me about applying for this Plevin thing as I've had a credit card with capital onr for years and years... I'm not sure whether it will just be thrown out as i originally applied for my ppa back about 4 or 5 years ago I'm guessing and it was rejected. I never fought it as I couldn't be bothered. Also how can i complain about the commission as i have no idea what % they took . How do i find that out? Sorry for all the questions!
    • zx81
    • By zx81 11th Nov 17, 10:29 PM
    • 14,128 Posts
    • 14,817 Thanks
    zx81
    You don't need to know the %.

Just follow the instructions in the letter.
    • Cleo9990
    • By Cleo9990 11th Nov 17, 10:52 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cleo9990
    Ah, thankyou! Don't know if it's worth it really as capital one never seem to pay out anyway.... I presume they just send the letter out in a standard fashion to everyone, as opposed to targeting customers who it actually affects?
    • jellie
    • By jellie 12th Nov 17, 1:31 PM
    • 828 Posts
    • 674 Thanks
    jellie
    Ah, thankyou! Don't know if it's worth it really as capital one never seem to pay out anyway.... I presume they just send the letter out in a standard fashion to everyone, as opposed to targeting customers who it actually affects?
    Originally posted by Cleo9990
    But if you do nothing, you'll get nothing. Only you can decide if it's worth it.
    • Cleo9990
    • By Cleo9990 12th Nov 17, 3:17 PM
    • 25 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Cleo9990
    Sent my pleven thing off today via resolver form to capital one so will be interested to see if I get any commission paid back. Had credit card 14 years. Wonder what it might be?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

253Posts Today

1,742Users online

Martin's Twitter