Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    • 4,361Posts
    • 13,229Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen!
    • 4th Jan 16, 11:12 AM
    Alway's believe that something wonderful is about to happen! 4th Jan 16 at 11:12 AM
    Happy New Year everyone!

Well after over 6 months of being away I'm back and raring to go. So new diary time, 2015 was a carp year and I'm glad to see the back of it, so its a new year of looking forward and not dwelling on the past.

Will update some more later.x.

Page 2
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 5th Jan 16, 4:52 PM
    • 4,361 Posts
    • 13,229 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Positive quote -

One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you can't change!

Work

Afternoon all, back to work today so busy busy and seem to be doing more and more, but I'm in demand so I must be doing something right, maybe I'm not just winging my way through the day, maybe I do know what I'm talking about.

Heard today that a friend at work is leaving, which I felt a bit sad about at first but then I thought no she is happy, it's what she wants, be happy for her and I am happy for her.

Also heard another friend has gone and got herself engaged, which is totally lovely and I'm so happy for her.

Home and family

Everyone is happy and healthy, children seem happy to be back at school, especially DS who thrives on structure and routine.
    DD needs new school shoes so a trip to clarks after school tomorrow, her shoes have done her well though as she got them I the may half term and wears them almost everyday.
    DH is talking about a holiday this summer, I'm not 100% sure but part of me feels we need it and as long as we save and pay for it and don't put it on CC then it's not that bad.

Money

All bills are being paid, couple of DD have gone out today, no extra made from surveys though, they are bit slow at the minute.
    Its also been a NSD and I was good and we all took pack-ups to work and school, got up early to make them.

Hope everyone is ok, take care.x.

Hope everyone is ok
    Be mindful of your self-talk. It's a conversation with the Universe."
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 5th Jan 16, 7:47 PM
    • 4,361 Posts
    • 13,229 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Lovely frugal tea of Spanish omelette and salad followed by choc brownies, why is it simple food always tastes better.

Minced lamb out of the freezer for shepherds pie, will do the prep tonight and bung in slow cooker in the morning, also need to do pack ups for tomorrow,then hot bath and silent witness, bliss.
    • brizzledfw
    • By brizzledfw 5th Jan 16, 7:53 PM
    • 7,156 Posts
    • 34,729 Thanks
    brizzledfw
    Sounds like a great eve.

So glad you're posting again and to paraphrase the lovely beanielou..back with a shiny new diary

Onwards and upwards PWPS

x
    MFiT-T4 Member No. 96 - 2022 is my MF goal
    Winter 17/18 Savings Rate Goal: 25% [October 30%]
    Declutter 200 items before 31.01.18 xx/200 ** LSDs Target 10 for Winter 0x/10 **AFDs xx/15 ** Sales Target '17 £750 £225 so far
    **NSDs Target 10 for Winter xx/10 Trying to be a Frugalista
    • Eager_Elephant
    • By Eager_Elephant 5th Jan 16, 8:09 PM
    • 4,132 Posts
    • 22,421 Thanks
    Eager_Elephant
    Hi EE, good to hear from you, hope life is good for you at the minute, have you had any flooding?

PWPS.x.
    Originally posted by pennywisepoundstupid

We are doing ok in Suffolk plus we live on a hill so if we got flooded then there are serious problems!!

As we drive about we have seen some fields which are flooded but these are not affecting roads or houses.

I nearly got stuck in a flood on Sunday night when I went to collect DS from friends - a ditch/stream/river had burst its banks and was all over the road - it was pouring over the bank and on to the road and I could not see the road on the other side so I knew it was deep and thought best not to drive through it so had to turn around and drive another 3 miles to get where I wanted to go when I was only about .5 miles from where I needed to be.

We have 2 flood warnings tonight, one is the village where the flooding was and the other is miles away. I hope everyone stays safe.
    Ninja Saving Turtle No. 15 for November
    NSD - 1/15
    (up to 01/11/17)
    My Diary is here - http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2175629 (Eager Elephants Effective Everyday Excursion)
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 9th Jan 16, 6:04 PM
    • 4,361 Posts
    • 13,229 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Afternoon all.

Its been a busy couple of days at work and havn't had chance to update.

Wednesday.
    Good day at work and started working with some new children, they will be a challenge but I will get them there.
    Been good food wise and we all took packed lunches, went out for drinks with friends and was very good as they were eating at the pub I met them there an hour later and ate at home, so I only spent £7 would have been more like £25 if I hadn't done this and didn't feel like I had missed out.

Thursday.
    Another busy day at work but nothing new or exciting.
    Ordered a food shop from sainsbug as they sent me a voucher for £10 off, so booked a cheap delivery slot and managed to do a weeks shopping for £54 which is fab, might need to pick more milk up though before next shop.

Friday.
    Work was good and managed to help a colleague that was struggling. Did nip to ald1 and spent £5.50 on fruit and salad stuff as I didn't order from sainsbugs as a lot of salad bits are on offer at the minute on super 6.
    Was naughty last night and drank a bottle of wine left over from xmas, but it was nice to have a long hot bath with lush smellies from Christmas and just chill.

Saturday.
    Remembered to check banking and everything looking ok, blitzed the whole house this morning with help from DH and the kids, its now spotless which is fantastic, just need to get on top of the washing tomorrow.
    Decided to give £bay another go and listed a BIN which sold within the hour, making me £20.
    Made a batch of chocolate brownies this afternoon, but half have already been eaten as DD has friends round this afternoon and were starving after doing the pony. So will need to bake again tomorrow.

Better go and make tea, Italian meatballs and spaghetti nom nom.

Take care.x.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 9th Jan 16, 6:10 PM
    • 4,361 Posts
    • 13,229 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    YOUGOV. if anyone fancies joining yougov surveys I have a linky thing below, cash out is at 50 but they area really good site and send regular surveys. https://yougov.co.uk/refer/4dYocHUCrZ_vofUOGC3ccQ/
    • mummytogirls
    • By mummytogirls 9th Jan 16, 6:23 PM
    • 5,621 Posts
    • 17,937 Thanks
    mummytogirls
    Wow you have been busy Pennywise! Yay to the £20 sale on Eb@y thats just fab especially at this time of year.

Tea sounds delish as always x
    Mummytogirls x

£23164.32 - 12/12/10
    £6936.45 - 04/09/17 - 70.99% paid off
    • chanie
    • By chanie 9th Jan 16, 8:07 PM
    • 1,683 Posts
    • 8,334 Thanks
    chanie
    That's great news about ebay. I have a few bits lying around which I should ebay. One day, I will get around to it!!!!
    2017 challenge to save £800
    Savings on purchases £807.18
    My spending diary - Spend Less, Live More
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4327401ht
    • brizzledfw
    • By brizzledfw 9th Jan 16, 9:13 PM
    • 7,156 Posts
    • 34,729 Thanks
    brizzledfw
    Good news re EBay sale. Thats a healthy sum.

Have a great evening
    Declutter 200 items before 31.01.18 xx/200 ** LSDs Target 10 for Winter 0x/10 **AFDs xx/15 ** Sales Target '17 £750 £225 so far
    • choogirl
    • By choogirl 10th Jan 16, 10:23 AM
    • 1,274 Posts
    • 2,190 Thanks
    choogirl
    Hi Choo, how's life treating you, good I hope?

Thanks for popping by.

PWPS.x.
    Originally posted by pennywisepoundstupid
    Hi Pennywise

Yes life is good, hectic as usual but good.

Have a lovely weekend xx
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 10th Jan 16, 2:36 PM
    • 4,361 Posts
    • 13,229 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Afternoon all.

It's so cold in Lancashire today, we have has hail stones and there is a bitter winds, fingers crossed we don't get snow.

Had a fairly chilled morning, DH made a lovely breakfast of scrambled eggs, bacon, mushrooms tomatoes and toast I'm still stuffed now abd havn't wanted any lunch although both kids and OH did, I don't know where they put it.
    I forgot to get chicken out of freezer last night, remembered first thing this morning so have rejigged meal plan and we will have sausage and mash tonight and rst chicken tomorrow.
    Have made a huge meringue base, will top it with cream and fruits later when cooled, the fruits I use are sainsbugs frozen berry mix its just their basic range but they are lovely and only £1.20 a bag.

Later this afternoon I need to sit for an hour and do some work and then pack my bag for work tomorrow, kids need to finish homework, shower and get bags ready and then just pack ups to make after tea.

Few surveys done this morning, nothing near payout at the minute, but have redeemed from a few recently so that's no surprise.

Hope everyone is ok.x.
    • chanie
    • By chanie 10th Jan 16, 7:01 PM
    • 1,683 Posts
    • 8,334 Thanks
    chanie
    That sounds like a frugal day!!!!

Your pudding sounds lovely. It's not something I normally eat, but I may try it out, as we get bored of eating the same things.
    • Jonesy88
    • By Jonesy88 10th Jan 16, 7:13 PM
    • 923 Posts
    • 3,494 Thanks
    Jonesy88
    Just popped in to say what a lovely positive diary, love the title
    DF by Xmas 2017: #83 £2,000/£10,000 20%
    SPC 7: #135 | Baby Fund: £1000/£5000 | VSP 2017: #24 £61.49
    1 debt vs 100 days 25: £10/£2500 | NSDs 2/15
    • brizzledfw
    • By brizzledfw 10th Jan 16, 8:41 PM
    • 7,156 Posts
    • 34,729 Thanks
    brizzledfw
    Pavlova sounds yum..one of my favourites
    • DebtFree2012
    • By DebtFree2012 12th Jan 16, 1:18 PM
    • 3,476 Posts
    • 9,584 Thanks
    DebtFree2012
    You are sounding so positive and it is making my day. Well done on everything, especially keeping up with posting as sometimes it can be a chore, sometimes it helps keep us sane!
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
    • chanie
    • By chanie 13th Jan 16, 8:50 AM
    • 1,683 Posts
    • 8,334 Thanks
    chanie
    Just popped in to say hello.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 16th Jan 16, 1:06 PM
    • 4,361 Posts
    • 13,229 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Hi Guys and thanks for posting.

Oh my its the weekend again, no idea where this week has gone.

Work has been incredible busy this week, but that's how I like it,nothing worse than days dragging.

Nothing major has happened money wise, spends have been £53 on groceries at ald1, £25 fuel or car and I put £10 on each of the kids lunch accounts on Thursday, we are taking packed lunches but the weather has got so cold that Iwanted the kids to have something warm for lunch, so they have been very good and taken fruit and HM cake from home and then bought soup at school.

Today DS is away playing rugby in Yorkshire somewhere, so I was up at the crack of dawn, making pack ups and hot drinks for DH and DS to take with them, they will be freezing when they get home. I've been busy tidying thehouse and filling log baskets, the temperature has really dropped and we are going trough a mountain of wood.
    I have a gammon joint cooking at the minute for tonights tea, we are having gammon slices, cheesy potatoes and broccoli, need to do some baking as there is not much choc brownie left and the boys will polish it off when they get home.

Cashed out on a survey site so waiting for £13 from them, this will going towards DD French trip, need to pay off another £100 by the end of this month, I have £65 put away and I'm waiting on a total of £38 from various site so It's covered.
    Sorry boring post, not much going on at the minute
    • chanie
    • By chanie 16th Jan 16, 2:02 PM
    • 1,683 Posts
    • 8,334 Thanks
    chanie
    You sound like you are making progress, particularly with the school trip.

You sound really organised with packed lunches and baking. When we go on day trips, I always l try and make a nice picnic to take to save a a couple of £££, but we still have an ice cream.

I think that not having anything to post is often a good sign as it means that nothing eventful had happened. It's always the eventful things that end up costing money!!!
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 16th Jan 16, 3:46 PM
    • 4,361 Posts
    • 13,229 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    You sound like you are making progress, particularly with the school trip.

You sound really organised with packed lunches and baking. When we go on day trips, I always l try and make a nice picnic to take to save a a couple of £££, but we still have an ice cream.

I think that not having anything to post is often a good sign as it means that nothing eventful had happened. It's always the eventful things that end up costing money!!!
    Originally posted by chanie
    Thanks I hope your right and everything remains quiet.

I do try to be organised, I do the same on trips out, take a picnic and then budget for an ice cream or coffee and cake in a tea shop.

£3.50 made on £bay and today has been a nsd.

Men are home, cold but have still gone out to play in the snow that's fallen this afternoon, i'm staying put in front of the fire.
    • pennywisepoundstupid
    • By pennywisepoundstupid 17th Jan 16, 2:08 PM
    • 4,361 Posts
    • 13,229 Thanks
    pennywisepoundstupid
    Afternoon all,

we have still got a little snow here, but the roads are icy. I hope it doesn't freeze too hard tonight as it will make getting to work a nightmare.

It' been a busy day so far, All the animals have been cleaned out and have taken DD out on her pony, have done several loads of washing still have a few to go and then need to get some Ironing done (mainly school uniform), I have a huge joint of pork roasting which should do several meals this week and have made the Yorkshire pud batter to go with it, whilst the oven is on I have made a lemon loaf cake and a coffee sandwich cake, also made a pan of soup using the gammon stock from yesterdays gammon joint.

Both children are currently on with homework, then they can pack their school bags and get everything ready for tomorrow.

To do list -
    Bring more wood in for baskets.
    Ice Cakes.
    Do potatoes and veggies.
    Ironing.
    Work bag and clothes.
    Check banking and see if anything is due to be paid.

Hope everyone is ok and not too cold.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

163Posts Today

1,263Users online

Martin's Twitter