Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    Legal Ombudsman
    Claims management company (CMC) complaints - ask the ombudsman your question
    • 3rd Jun 15, 12:11 PM
    Claims management company (CMC) complaints - ask the ombudsman your question 3rd Jun 15 at 12:11 PM
    Have you used a CMC to reclaim PPI or other financial products and received poor service? The Legal Ombudsman is here to answer your CMC queries and concerns. We resolve complaints about legal service providers and CMCs and our service is free.

It may be that your CMC has:
    • failed to do what they agreed
    • hasn’t handled your mis-sold PPI claim the way you expected them to
    • has been slow in responding
    • increased their charges without explaining why
    • unreasonably refused you a service
    • pressured you to accept a service you did not want
    We will investigate your complaint and if we decide the service you received was unreasonable, we can make sure your CMC puts it right.

How to get in touch with your questions and concerns

We're happy to answer your questions in this thread, so just reply below and we'll get back to you.

Alternatively there are lots of other ways you can get in touch.

1. Use our live chat function Mon-Fri between 08:30am and 5:30pm: https://legalombudsman.live-chat-help.com/
    2. Call us Mon-Fri between 08:30am-5:30pm on 0300 555 0333 or on our minicom 0300 555 1777
    3. Email us on cmc@legalombudsman.org.uk
    4. Or write to us at Legal ombudsman, PO Box 6804, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WG

You can also follow us on facebook or twitter @Legal_Ombudsman
    Last edited by Former MSE Wendy; 21-07-2015 at 12:08 PM.
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official organisation representative of the Legal Ombudsman service. MSE has given permission for me to post. You can see my name on the organisations with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com"
Page 9
    • Alpine Star
    • By Alpine Star 18th Oct 17, 4:25 PM
    • 1,250 Posts
    • 609 Thanks
    Alpine Star
    Hello

We note your comments and we always welcome feedback. Please could I ask you to send over the case details (name, case number) and we would be happy to look at this?

You can email cmcenquiries@legalombudsman.org.uk.

Thanks.
    Ama
    Originally posted by Legal Ombudsman

It's now been passed to a senior investigator.
    • Pigletntrekky
    • By Pigletntrekky 19th Oct 17, 12:37 PM
    • 20 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Pigletntrekky
    Great Thank you very much!
    • H&C
    • By H&C 9th Nov 17, 5:39 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    H&C
    It is a shame that the LO is soft touch and doesnt work in the same way as the FOS (who look at fairness of £25 fees whereas CMCs can get tens of thousands of pounds without a blink of an eye).
    Originally posted by dunstonh
    It is assumed that for CMCs their ombudsman scheme will be changing from LeO to the FOS in 2019. So with the Limitation Act 1980 giving consumers 6 years from when the contract was signed with the CMC to claim for compensation, consumers may be better off waiting until 2019 to make their claim against the CMC. However BE WARNED, firstly that the legislation hasn't yet gone through Parliament, secondly that the CMC may have gone into liquidation by 2019 and lastly that the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) would not cover CMC activity.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

940Posts Today

6,827Users online

Martin's Twitter