Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • MSE Amy
    • By MSE Amy 27th Aug 13, 5:45 PM
    • 27Posts
    • 36Thanks
    MSE Amy
    Reclaim CPP article discussion
    • 27th Aug 13, 5:45 PM
    Reclaim CPP article discussion 27th Aug 13 at 5:45 PM
    Hi!

This is the discussion thread for the

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks folks ,
Page 2
  • sava05
    Hello sile001, I had the exact letter also this week. It all depends on a vote of some sort if your entitled to any compensation. Fingers crossed for us.
    • sile001
    • By sile001 7th Sep 13, 8:16 PM
    • 89 Posts
    • 83 Thanks
    sile001
    Mine arrived this morning. I'll ring them on Monday. I had a similar letter from MBNA some months ago and ended up nearly £600 to the good. Let's hope CPP turns up trumps
    • Thriftkitten
    • By Thriftkitten 8th Sep 13, 4:55 PM
    • 1,251 Posts
    • 5,989 Thanks
    Thriftkitten
    CPP letter
    Hi I have also received two Cpp claim letter in one day, both with a seperate account number, I can't think which card or bank this is for, but no doubt I must of had a couple, I am guilty of not checking statements, how do I go about finding out which bank/cards this is for plz. do I send a cheque for a SAR or just wait as the letter states. Thanks.....
    Thriftkitten

Tesco saving stamps £13.00

Roadkill Rebel No.31 July2014 Treasure £1.03p
    August 2014
  • BC_KT
    Hi I have also received two Cpp claim letter in one day, both with a seperate account number, I can't think which card or bank this is for, but no doubt I must of had a couple, I am guilty of not checking statements, how do I go about finding out which bank/cards this is for plz. do I send a cheque for a SAR or just wait as the letter states. Thanks.....
    Originally posted by Thriftkitten
    You can ring the phone number on the letter and they'll check for you.
    • Bumblebie
    • By Bumblebie 9th Sep 13, 1:58 PM
    • 124 Posts
    • 2,157 Thanks
    Bumblebie
    I have received a CPP reclaim letter this morning but I can honestly I don't remember purchasing a policy from them. How do I find out? Also it has a policy number on the letter, is there a website to logon or anything?
    Last night I lay in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?
  • Keefyboy02
    CPP I'm lost
    I noticed that I had CPP protection about ten years ago through Barclays and called and complained that I never wanted it in the first place. This was around 2004.

Every year since then, they automatically renewed my policy depsite me asking them not to. My card that they used expired and they still managed to take the money from my account.

Each time I called CPP to tell them that I didn't want the product, they would tell me that it was "too late" and "cannot refund" the charges. This was absolutely scandalous, especially since I knew a guy who worked in their York call centre who told me this was wrong.

I had to wait for 10 months for the policy to come close to renewal to write to them to cease the CPP cover.

Since this time, I have moved house and have not received any correspondance from CPP and called them today and the response was.

"You will have to create a new customer reference and you will have to call us back with your new reference number when it arrives".

It doesn't look like CPP are making it easy for their previous customers.

I'll update this post on the process as it fans out.

This is going to be interesting but is more a matter or principle...
    • happy with my lot!!
    • By happy with my lot!! 10th Sep 13, 2:06 PM
    • 74 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    happy with my lot!!
    Pre 2005 claim
    Hello sile001, I had the exact letter also this week. It all depends on a vote of some sort if your entitled to any compensation. Fingers crossed for us.
    Originally posted by sava05
    I received the letter this morning (having finally realised it was unnecessary and already cancelled my policy over a year ago). I had this policy for years before 2005, paid every 3 years on my card - I believe from when I got one of the earliest Marks and Spencer credit card. Is it appropriate to pre-empt this and write to them (M and S) now even though I have been contacted by CPP?
  • ian crosby
    cpp and my late mother
    Hello

I have just received the first cpp letter addressed to my late mother since her mail has been re-directed to me.

I,am wondering am i entitled to claim on her behalf even though she has now passed away?

thank you
    • -taff
    • By -taff 12th Sep 13, 10:45 AM
    • 7,098 Posts
    • 5,090 Thanks
    -taff
    you might be asked for proof you can act on her behalf, but yes, if you can supply that, you can.
  • toothfairybuttkicker
    OK I've been through 15 years of paperwork, and can not find anything from CPP, but they have sent me the first letter quoting a policy number.
    Do I
    1) ring them to find out the policy details, dates ect?
    2) wait for the next round of letters to see whats what?
    currently at 3644/34,200.00 (30556 to go)
    • Moneyineptitude
    • By Moneyineptitude 12th Sep 13, 2:02 PM
    • 18,712 Posts
    • 9,969 Thanks
    Moneyineptitude
    they have sent me the first letter quoting a policy number.
    Originally posted by toothfairybuttkicker
    Just do whatever it tells you to do in the letter.
  • nasty1943
    cpp
    Hi i have cpp but not recieved letter yet.dont know how long ive had it but it renews with barclay card.also have card safe with m&s do i just wait for them to write to ?
  • ric4676
    CCP part of upgrade Gold account
    Hi,

RBS' Royalties Gold account included card protection & identity theft as one of the benefits for this account. When applied for, it was CCP who provided the 'protection'. RBS removed the benefit from the package taking effect on 13th February 2013. My view is they realised the backlash this would cause and removed it.

As the service was provided as part of a package deal with other benefits (mobile phone, travel insurance etc...) would I be entitled to a partial refund of the monthly payments (£12.95 per month)? I suppose it comes down to if the Gold account is classed as being mis-sold due to one of it's benefits being useless.
  • sp5000
    Got the letter from CPP. I think I've paid them £200+ since 2005. I assume that if I cancel this year's renewal (due in a few weeks) this shouldn't affect any future claim?
  • clara schuman
    CPP sold by phone or post?
    Does it make any difference whether I was sold my CPP ID Protection Policy by phone or post?
    I've just been on their designated website: Under FAQs: Why Have I Not Received A Letter - " you held an identity protection policy that was not purchased by telephone".

I didn't think it made a difference how the product was bought - can anyone clarify this?
  • kerry49
    Baffled
    Hi

Received a letter from this CPP lot today but I am baffled by it. I have never taken a protection policy due to my job at the time being secure and payments being guaranteed etc.
    Also I have lived in my new house only 3 years and have no cards/loans whilst at this address, how have they got my address?

Thanks

Kerry
  • markymedic
    To claim, or not to claim?
    If all claims are "on hold" pending the start of the redress scheme, should we still initiate a claim, or just wait for the formal process to begin?

Thanks

M
  • Morph13
    Answers?
    Hi I'm new here.
    I too have recieved this letter from CPP, the vote thing worries me. If you vote against are you going to lose out in some way? Is the vote a ploy to get us to relinquish some of our rights?
    There seem to be a lot of questions on this board and very very few answers, who is in charge of the forum, and do we have any "moneysavingexperts" on hand to advise us?
  • HaSBeenConsolidated
    How do I go about recovering CPP payments from Vanquis Bank?

The Card is only about 18 months old, was applied for on-line, and I've no recollection of any Card / Payment protection being offered - and would not have purchased it ever, if I'd been aware of it.
    • oldwiring
    • By oldwiring 23rd Sep 13, 11:35 AM
    • 2,242 Posts
    • 448 Thanks
    oldwiring
    I know this post is controversial and cries of troll we be heard. So be it!

The results of CPP mis-selling are not in the same league as PPI. Financially the loss and life effects of the latter's victims may be much greater.

However with CPP one has not lost the complete value of the premiums paid; there were other benefits. In my policy they are:

one phone call to cancel any number of cards, wherever you are.

key tags and luggage labels to direct finders to CPP, making their recovery return to you more likely.

IMHO each person should put a value on those elements to weigh up if they have been mis-sold to the whole premiums paid. Those who do claim but still have a need for the other cover, as I read my letter, will have to cancel their policy. Will another policy be available to them? ?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

940Posts Today

6,827Users online

Martin's Twitter