Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 366
    • Kpossible929
    • By Kpossible929 14th Nov 17, 9:38 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Kpossible929
    We submitted our application yesterday directly with the lender and paid our valuation fee so just waiting now
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 14th Nov 17, 11:32 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Goodluck K
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 15th Nov 17, 10:41 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    chrissie83
    Have you had your fees taken yet Chrissie? What LTV are you looking for? Just interested whether that makes a difference.
    Originally posted by JaneyLouWho
    I donít really understand the LTV thing but we have 7.5k deposit on a 150k house so I think 95%? Excellent credit score & are porting our current NatWest mortgage & borrowing the extra that makes sense? Product fee is being added to the mortgage & valuation fee was taken yesterday. The waiting is killing me!
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 15th Nov 17, 11:18 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Think our ATV is 70-75 %.
    Well tried calling MA today no answer so i text asking for an update but no reply as yet. I think its bad news + hes avoiding havin to tell me!
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 15th Nov 17, 11:25 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Have you not got the tracker reference for Natwest?

I've checked mine a couple of times, more to stop me from bugging our broker constantly. The waiting is far too stressful though, I'm impatient at the best of times!
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 15th Nov 17, 11:29 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    I dont have the mortgage reference number ? The broker didnt give me it, infact i havnt heard a thing since last tuesday when ge collected all my ducumemtation and he put in the full application!
    Its annoying me coz when i go on tge Natwest intermediary page it says they are underwriting applications from yesterday! My broker must have an answer for me but like i said obv avoiding telling me. If it was good news im sure hed be straight in the phone
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 15th Nov 17, 11:30 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Sorry so many typos
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 15th Nov 17, 11:44 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Ours is still with the underwriter, even though the valuation has now been done - so it doesn't necessarily mean bad news - trying to keep positive here for myself as well as you!

I'd get the reference number then at least you can track it yourself, although my broker did mention that it isn't always updated quickly, and there could be things showing that he's already dealt with /spoken to them about.
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 15th Nov 17, 11:50 AM
    • 27 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    How can i get it tho if hes not replying to me ? Aggh wish he would just update me at least.
    Should i try calling Natwest and see if theyl tell me anything altho wuthout ref number i assume they wont
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 15th Nov 17, 12:32 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    I've read on here lots not to contact the banks directly tbh, if it's going through a broker - so personally I'd keep trying the broker for more information.

They do say 14 days is the average application to offer time, so I'm trying not to worry too much on that basis
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 15th Nov 17, 12:41 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Yeah i dont want to seem like im going above him at all.
    Ill try calling him again later. He was the one who said id hear within a week so i wouldve thought hed even contact me if he hadnt heard back himself yet just so i know
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 15th Nov 17, 12:49 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    chrissie83
    How can i get it tho if hes not replying to me ? Aggh wish he would just update me at least.
    Should i try calling Natwest and see if theyl tell me anything altho wuthout ref number i assume they wont
    Originally posted by Frarubvio
    I just rang. Had no reference number but they gave it to me & told me itís with the underwriters & need to send 25 payslips

I would ring definitely
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 15th Nov 17, 1:12 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    25 payslips? I assume you're weekly paid?
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 15th Nov 17, 1:23 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    chrissie83
    25 payslips? I assume you're weekly paid?
    Originally posted by Firsttimebuyers
    Yes thatís right, Iíve asked work to email them to me so I can email them on to NatWest ( or my MA can)
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 15th Nov 17, 7:43 PM
    • 61 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    If they are asking for kore info that must be a good sign - its not a 'no'! Fingers crossed!

Our valuation is on Friday - I'm not expecting any hiccups but we'll see!
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 16th Nov 17, 12:00 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Anyone got any news yet?

We're still waiting on the underwriters - can't concentrate at work as I'm so anxious to get the offer!
    • Kpossible929
    • By Kpossible929 16th Nov 17, 12:25 PM
    • 15 Posts
    • 4 Thanks
    Kpossible929
    We’ve just had a phone call from the valuers to say they need us to sign some terms and conditions. I’m hoping we’re accepted subject to valuation because I don’t want to be paying the valuers to find out we can’t get it for some other reason
    • kingstreet
    • By kingstreet 16th Nov 17, 12:52 PM
    • 32,204 Posts
    • 17,247 Thanks
    kingstreet
    Weíve just had a phone call from the valuers to say they need us to sign some terms and conditions. Iím hoping weíre accepted subject to valuation because I donít want to be paying the valuers to find out we canít get it for some other reason
    Originally posted by Kpossible929
    You're having the lender's surveyor do a report on condition for you, so they have to ask you to sign and return their terms of business.

Lenders don't usually do "accepted subject to valuation" these days so you are unlikely to have any decision until after the valuation is done and returned.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 16th Nov 17, 1:38 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Weíve just had a phone call from the valuers to say they need us to sign some terms and conditions. Iím hoping weíre accepted subject to valuation because I donít want to be paying the valuers to find out we canít get it for some other reason
    Originally posted by Kpossible929

We had our valuation and homebuyers survey done on Monday, and we only got queries from the underwriter on our application Monday afternoon, so we're running the risk ourselves that we've paid out £442 to get declined - although I believe Natwest refund the fee (less admin fee) in some circumstances, dependent on the reason for the decline, not sure about other banks
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 16th Nov 17, 1:49 PM
    • 27 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Well im more confused since speaking to my mortgage advisor.
    He said he got an email frim natwest requesting my card details to pay for the valuation ? That was done 1 week ago. I assumed it was free as he never mentioned paying for it at all but obv i dont mind but why didnt i have to pay for it sooner ? He didnt say what stage my application was at , he said hed ask when he called them back with my card details.
    The payment is now showing pending on my bank account, it was £198.
    Its been 9 days since full application was submitted and 7 days since valuation was done
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

167Posts Today

2,250Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin