Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
Page 365
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 14th Nov 17, 9:24 AM
    • 62 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    I'm currently in progress with Natwest:
    8/11/17 AIP
    13/11/17 Full application submitted
    14/11/17 Valuation fee, admin fee, and product applicationfee taken

I wondered whether my expwrience is the same as others who have applied with Natwest, that the product fee was taken at the same time as the valuation fees? I wasn't expecting it, my broker just said to expect the valuation and admin money to be taken. Its not a problem, just a surprise, and I'm wondering whether it means the mortgage is accepted?
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 14th Nov 17, 9:41 AM
    • 68 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    chrissie83
    Hi, we have put in the full mortgage application yesterday via broker to NatWest. I was expecting the valuation fee to be taken straight away but it hasnít. When is this normally taken? Didnít sleep last night with worrying about it all
    Thanks.
    Think Iím going to have a read of this thread with a brew
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 14th Nov 17, 9:49 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Wonder why i still havnt heard from my broker. Full application was submitted last tuesday/wed. He said hed let me know but havnt heard a thing.
    Its Natwest ive applied to hmmm
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 14th Nov 17, 10:14 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    I'm currently in progress with Natwest:
    8/11/17 AIP
    13/11/17 Full application submitted
    14/11/17 Valuation fee, admin fee, and product applicationfee taken

I wondered whether my expwrience is the same as others who have applied with Natwest, that the product fee was taken at the same time as the valuation fees? I wasn't expecting it, my broker just said to expect the valuation and admin money to be taken. Its not a problem, just a surprise, and I'm wondering whether it means the mortgage is accepted?
    Originally posted by JaneyLouWho

Our mortgage didn't have a product fee, so just the valuation, homebuyers survey fee and admin fee was taken on the same day as application.

We'd read on here that it was a good sign, but it seems they do their underwriting alongside the valuation being booked to speed up the application - so we had our valuation and survey done yesterday morning, and yesterday afternoon they came back with their first lot of questions on our application, so it's not a done deal yet.

They do seem to be processing applications quickly at the moment though judging by what people on here are saying.
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 14th Nov 17, 10:15 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Wonder why i still havnt heard from my broker. Full application was submitted last tuesday/wed. He said hed let me know but havnt heard a thing.
    Its Natwest ive applied to hmmm
    Originally posted by Frarubvio

Ask him. Our app went in Friday 10th and they've started underwriting
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 14th Nov 17, 10:58 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Thanks i know i should, think im scared to hear bad news plus he said hed let me know. Surely they know by now though. Esp since valuation has already been done (im in scotland). Think ill contact him mid afternoon if i havnt heard from him by then
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 14th Nov 17, 11:16 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Thanks i know i should, think im scared to hear bad news plus he said hed let me know. Surely they know by now though. Esp since valuation has already been done (im in scotland). Think ill contact him mid afternoon if i havnt heard from him by then
    Originally posted by Frarubvio

We're the same - I'm dreading the phone call to say it's a no! Eek
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 14th Nov 17, 11:18 AM
    • 28 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Ours didnt have any fees at all which is obv good but also makes it hard knowing what stage we are at ! Goodluck!
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 14th Nov 17, 11:27 AM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Good luck to you too!
    • stu2500
    • By stu2500 14th Nov 17, 11:52 AM
    • 126 Posts
    • 17 Thanks
    stu2500
    Well I'm glad to say we have received our formal mortgage offer, following on from our survey last Thursday. Natwest and our Broker have been very good up to now. All we need is for the sellers to find their property and we're ready to go, the waiting game continues.
    Originally posted by stu2500
    I thought I'd provide an update and, thankfully we got the keys to our new house and have moved in over the weekend. Absolutely delighted, and thanks for the help received on here. A daunting experience that was made very easy by our broker, the information on here and Natwest.
    • Firsttimebuyers
    • By Firsttimebuyers 14th Nov 17, 1:38 PM
    • 43 Posts
    • 6 Thanks
    Firsttimebuyers
    Great to here Stu - a lot of seem to be with Natwest on here

7/11 Spot a property reduced that afternoon on Rightmove which was previously out of our price range
    7/11 View the house
    8/11 Offer Accepted for £135k
    9/11 New DIP for £135k with Natwest goes through
    10/11 Broker is putting in the full application today
    10/11 Application in
    10/11 Valuation Fee taken from Natwest
    13/11 Valuation and Homebuyers Survey Completed
    13/11 Natwest have lowered the maximum loan they'll give us by £20k - Overtime added to Application
    14/11 Valuation back, matches our offer so that's a relief
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 14th Nov 17, 3:54 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    I have the best update to give! Mortgage approved subject to valuation!

AIP 8/11/17
    Full application afternoon 13/11/17
    Fees (valuation and product fee) taken early morning 14/11/17
    Offer subject to valuation recieved mid afternoon 14/11/17

After 6 weeks, a rejection from Nationwide, and ever increasing negative thinking I feel like a huge weight has been lifted!
    • dixxie10
    • By dixxie10 14th Nov 17, 4:02 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 2 Thanks
    dixxie10
    Newbie here !!
    Full application gone in today so fingers are tightly crossed we have sent every single piece of paperwork we own so i dread someone wanting to know who we are at the minute haha !

Good luck everyone xxzzx
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 14th Nov 17, 4:21 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Thats great janey congrats
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 14th Nov 17, 4:22 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Goodluck dixxie
    • Frarubvio
    • By Frarubvio 14th Nov 17, 4:30 PM
    • 28 Posts
    • 11 Thanks
    Frarubvio
    Ive had 4 searches done by natwest. 2 done at AIP then another 2 at the full application which was 7 days ago but nothing since
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 14th Nov 17, 7:03 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    chrissie83
    I have the best update to give! Mortgage approved subject to valuation!

AIP 8/11/17
    Full application afternoon 13/11/17
    Fees (valuation and product fee) taken early morning 14/11/17
    Offer subject to valuation recieved mid afternoon 14/11/17

After 6 weeks, a rejection from Nationwide, and ever increasing negative thinking I feel like a huge weight has been lifted!
    Great news! How did you get it accepted subject to valuation in 24 hours?
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 14th Nov 17, 7:36 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    I have no idea?! I only needed to provide one payslip. I bank with RBS and have a 32.5% deposit so maybe that's it? However I also have a historical repossession (2009) and a shortfall from that which will be repaid prior to completion, so I thought it would be much trickier.
    • chrissie83
    • By chrissie83 14th Nov 17, 8:09 PM
    • 68 Posts
    • 80 Thanks
    chrissie83
    I have no idea?! I only needed to provide one payslip. I bank with RBS and have a 32.5% deposit so maybe that's it? However I also have a historical repossession (2009) and a shortfall from that which will be repaid prior to completion, so I thought it would be much trickier.
    Thatís great. I hope ours is quick but Iím sure it wonít be!
    • JaneyLouWho
    • By JaneyLouWho 14th Nov 17, 9:02 PM
    • 62 Posts
    • 19 Thanks
    JaneyLouWho
    Have you had your fees taken yet Chrissie? What LTV are you looking for? Just interested whether that makes a difference.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,555Posts Today

6,787Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • I believe I can boldly go where no twitter poll has gone before https://t.co/HA0jC92gAK

• OK I'm wilting to public pressure and there will be a star trek captain's poll at some point next week

• I can get that. My order is 1. Picard 2. Janeway 3. Kirk. Too early to say where Lorca will end up (or would you? https://t.co/kawtCOe9RA

• Follow Martin