Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    paula.paula13
    Has anyone else had problems with Yell/ Yell.com? Going to court?
    • 19th May 11, 11:34 AM
    Has anyone else had problems with Yell/ Yell.com? Going to court? 19th May 11 at 11:34 AM
    Hello,
    I've searched the forums but I can't find anything that relates to my specific problem. I took out a "good" package with Yell last November that was supposed to include a new website, Google SEO, Yell mediumweight ad and Netreach (eg Facebook ads +)

From the start there were problems and no matter how hard I tried I couldn't get to speak to a manager. I made several telephone complaints as the weeks went by, covering various aspects of the service that I was paying for.

By Feb I went to trading standards as Yell were not providing the service, eg the site didn't show up in ANY Google search results, there was no sign of Netreach being provided (their staff could not confirm if it WAS being provided!) & the website was very poor quality, completely unsuitable for a photographer. They were also very slow to make amendments to the website (as promised within 24 hours) so this meant that as I had to wait a week or more for changes I could'nt lick the website into shape.

The mediumweight ad was the only component being provided but that backfired! Instead of getting customer enquires I only got calls from other companies trying to sell me their services. Sometimes I get 4 calls within 30 minutes. I never had a single sales lead generated during my time with Yell.

So, I gave them 14 days to provide the service (as per Trading Standards instructions) - they did not respond in writing at all. They phoned me on about day 13 of the waiting period and I said that the time for talking was over and they needed to make a written response by email within the next 24 hours. They agreed to this.

However, they did not make any further response for another 2 weeks! I had, by then, sent another letter cancelling my contract due to their breech of contract. I also cancelled my direct debit at that point. I specifically asked them to remove my mediumweight ad because it causes so many spam phone calls.

All that was during Feb/March 2011. Today I got an email from Yell telling me that they are still counting up debts against my account. I called and explained the situation, but the lady I spoke to said that I couldn't cancel the advert (even though I had already cancelled in writing due to breech of contract). Yell intend to continue charging me and then refer the matter to debt management team because I originally signed a 1 year contract.

Has anyone else had similar problems? What happened?
    Please get in touch if you are in this situation.

I'm willing to let them take me to court so a judge can decide on this case. The product was mis-sold and I feel it's unfair that they can sell a whole package then only provide one component of it, yet force me to pay by weighting the charge in favour of that one component.
Page 4
    • Krystian Tuszynski
    • By Krystian Tuszynski 17th Aug 16, 10:28 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 1 Thanks
    Krystian Tuszynski
    Miss sold
    Hi,I have miss sold contract by YELL rep. He told me yell will host my emails with new page and yell will set up facebook and tweeter profile for me. So I was happy with that and sign a contract. All was smooth to the day when payment for design gone from my account. Then is starts! Was horrible way to make changes in design and I find out Yell was unable to host my emails. They request to resign my domain to them name ( not redirect). So domain wont be register on my name any more! Thats was try to get my domain and control me on yell way!! Bad Bad! So I agree to reduce monthly charge hosting from yell so I can pay my hosting company. OK fair enough! But yell decide that never gonna happen! Lie to me and change what we agree! That was beginning of problems. When I ask for my facebook and tweeter profile yell said they never doing that When I said I was told by yell rep. will get ALL PROFILES yell told me YOU SHOULD READ YOUR CONTRACT!! So yell sending reps to miss sell just to get money from customers and after sending stinky emails and taking to deb recovery companies. I was complaint servant times to manager and all possible way. But no matter what, they wont my money! Will complain to trading standards and BE AWARE OF BAD SERVICE PROVIDED
    • Oli.D-B
    • By Oli.D-B 14th Nov 17, 2:29 PM
    • 1 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Oli.D-B
    Hi Paula, am going through a very similar story with yell, except they have taken the money with no results. I have a link pending, and that is it. I am trying to get my money back, but nobody is contacting me. A lot of hard selling, promises, poor if no results. I am out of pocket by just under £400, and have nothing to show other than a string of " Ticket " emails, leading me nowhere.
    I have just contacted You and Yours, BBC radio 4. They are great at looking into this kind of poor service.
    Good luck
    Oliver
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

402Posts Today

4,385Users online

Martin's Twitter