Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hellsacc
    • By Hellsacc 8th Nov 17, 10:36 PM
    • 10Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hellsacc
    Nationwide Plevin Failure
    • 8th Nov 17, 10:36 PM
    Nationwide Plevin Failure 8th Nov 17 at 10:36 PM
    Turned down stating credit agreement does not fall within the s.140a consumer credit act 1974, what does all that mean?
    FYI Was a Nationwide Endowment Mortgage which also failed on the PPI claim even after taking to Ombudsman too.
    Last edited by Hellsacc; 08-11-2017 at 10:38 PM. Reason: Additional details added
Page 2
    • -taff
    • By -taff 11th Nov 17, 3:32 PM
    • 7,098 Posts
    • 5,090 Thanks
    -taff
    Yes, thanks you are probably quite right, just did not think I would be questioned about have the initial PPI(MPPI), just wanted to know more about the Plevin response!!
    Originally posted by Hellsacc

This whole thread going off topic was probably my fault to start with so apologies for that

So anyway, the Plevin respnse is that there was no relationship that was unfair to you in the way that the mortgage and MPG was sold to you, so basically, any redress via Plevin doesn't apply.
    • -taff
    • By -taff 11th Nov 17, 3:34 PM
    • 7,098 Posts
    • 5,090 Thanks
    -taff
    New to these forums and probably won't use them again, just the same as I should not have taken on the long winded PPI claim with Nationwide (started 8/11/2011 until 21/3/14 including Ombudsan). Draining!! In comparison Halifax paid out in full in weeks.
    Originally posted by Hellsacc

You have to have a good complaint reason to win any redress, it's not a claim where they just refund you willy nilly, it's a complaint of wrongdoing.

And personally, I can't see how sending off a few letters can be that draining, since it's up to someone else to sort it out once you've made the initial complaint.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

3,796Posts Today

7,311Users online

Martin's Twitter