Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • Hypoos
    • By Hypoos 4th Nov 17, 7:59 PM
    • 2Posts
    • 0Thanks
    Hypoos
    Ex has a second job..
    • 4th Nov 17, 7:59 PM
    Ex has a second job.. 4th Nov 17 at 7:59 PM
    Hi everyone,
    I was hoping someone could give me some advice. My ex and I have a private agreement for child maintenance payments based on his salary, however a friend had been showing me post my ex has been putting on Facebook (which are hidden from me and my family) promoting wine. He has basically joined one of these pyramid selling schemes where he makes commissions pressure selling to friends and family *eye roll*. So my question is: should these earnings be taken into account for child support!
    Thanks in advance :*
Page 1
    • Browntoa
    • By Browntoa 4th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    • 31,866 Posts
    • 37,579 Thanks
    Browntoa
    • 4th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    • 4th Nov 17, 8:04 PM
    You are assuming that he actually makes any money from said pyramid MLM
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    • McKneff
    • By McKneff 4th Nov 17, 8:12 PM
    • 35,642 Posts
    • 45,879 Thanks
    McKneff
    • 4th Nov 17, 8:12 PM
    • 4th Nov 17, 8:12 PM
    If you have a privte arrangement that should mean you have agreed to a specific amount that you are satisfied with .

If you arent now, the only way is to do it throuugh the csa,
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent
    • atolaas
    • By atolaas 4th Nov 17, 8:39 PM
    • 1,073 Posts
    • 5,233 Thanks
    atolaas
    • 4th Nov 17, 8:39 PM
    • 4th Nov 17, 8:39 PM
    CSA no longer exists - It's new incarnation is CMS - Child Maintenance Service. Good luck proving that your ex is making money from this pyramid scheme...only those near the top of the pyramid are making any reasonable money.
    SPC7 ~ Member#390 ~ £432.45 declared
    Re-joined SW 9 Feb 2015 1 stone lost so far

Her Serene Highness the Princess Atolaas of the Alphabetty Thread as appointed by Queen Upsidedown Bear
    • Hypoos
    • By Hypoos 4th Nov 17, 8:41 PM
    • 2 Posts
    • 0 Thanks
    Hypoos
    • 4th Nov 17, 8:41 PM
    • 4th Nov 17, 8:41 PM
    I was ‘satisfied’ with the amount based on his first job, but he is potentially earning more that he is hiding from me which should be used to support his child
    • NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    • By NotSuchASmugMarriedNow 5th Nov 17, 1:33 PM
    • 550 Posts
    • 1,087 Thanks
    NotSuchASmugMarriedNow
    • 5th Nov 17, 1:33 PM
    • 5th Nov 17, 1:33 PM
    He won't be making any money on MLM schemes. As a PP said, only the people at the top of the pyramid make money on those.
    Overactively underachieving for almost half a century
    • Comms69
    • By Comms69 6th Nov 17, 11:24 AM
    • 905 Posts
    • 736 Thanks
    Comms69
    • 6th Nov 17, 11:24 AM
    • 6th Nov 17, 11:24 AM
    I was ‘satisfied’ with the amount based on his first job, but he is potentially earning more that he is hiding from me which should be used to support his child
    Originally posted by Hypoos
    But in reality he isn't. I'd be surprised if he didn't up at a loss.
    • k3lvc
    • By k3lvc 6th Nov 17, 11:36 AM
    • 1,909 Posts
    • 2,999 Thanks
    k3lvc
    • 6th Nov 17, 11:36 AM
    • 6th Nov 17, 11:36 AM
    But in reality he isn't. I'd be surprised if he didn't up at a loss.
    Originally posted by Comms69

In which case presumably the OP would be happy to accept a reduction in maintenance payments to cover the reduction in earnings
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

144Posts Today

1,503Users online

Martin's Twitter