From Flat to Farmhouse

Comments

• Watty1
    Watty1 Posts: 4,802
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Of course you can be MSE and have a horse. Its just a different kind of MSE :rotfl: Maybe move into an adjoining stable???
    Made it to mortgage free but what a muddle that became

In the event the proverbial hits the fan then co-habitees are better stashing their cash than being mortgage free !!
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    Is it sad that when I look at super expensive (multiple millions) equestrian estates online, I always check out the barn/living quarters first? I would love to live right next to horses.
  • FloppyDisk
    FloppyDisk Posts: 864
    First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Believe me, I am often contemplated living in my lorry behind his stable which beats the current city to stable commute of 25 minutes with no traffic.

Mortgage man has been sent all financial details, and I am in the midst of spreadsheetitis trying to work out if keeping and renting out flat is viable with all the new tax changes.
    Mortgage Apr 18 £417,894 BTL Mar 18 £162,857
    Mortgage now -- £353,106 BTL now --- £163,071
  • Who actually cares about the house?!
    How many acres and is there something that could be a stable!
  • :wave: hello from another mse fraud that spends too much money on horses :)
  • FloppyDisk
    Forumite
    Hello Elephant, I'm pleased to see I am in good company with my bad habits. Sadly land (around here) is extortionate so waiting for the lottery win to shop for that. In the mean time at least he is has a field full of grass and no hay bills for the time being.

I worked all weekend so that's a bit more money coming in too. Every little helps, especially sleep...
  • FloppyDisk
    Forumite
    Thank goodness that house has been snapped up, so I can be sensible and focus on blasting through the last year of my fixed rate and re-assess then.

I say blast through - the lorry has developed a fault. If it isn't one thing it is another! Tilly tidies to keep me going - £41.22 OP'd this month.
  • Nymphadora
    Nymphadora Posts: 469
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hello FloppyDisk.

Shame the house has been snapped up but if it makes you focus on your goal then that's good.

Oh my horses must be expensive, I have a puppy and he costs me a fortune (but that's more me being unable to resists toys for him, he has 100's of toys lol)
  • FloppyDisk
    Forumite
    Feels a bit surreal but I have been viewing houses in the country. Actual houses with their own front doors and staircases. And actual country with neighbours with chickens and fields outside. And a PANTRY!!!
  • hiddenshadow
    hiddenshadow Posts: 2,525 Forumite
    I've been viewing stuff online (haven't seen any pantries, though, in our budget). Definitely fun to dream...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback