Co-operative Energy reviews: Give your feedback

Comments

• Paul_01
    Paul_01 Posts: 393 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Yep, I've just received the same email.

Virtually wipes out the savings I was making. I'll have to do another comparison to see if its worth switching again.
  • Wywth
    Wywth Posts: 5,079 Forumite
    edited 9 April 2013 at 4:15PM
    kingstreet wrote: »
    Another increase in the Pioneer rates today, WEF 9 May;-

Electricity 11.37p to 12.46p

Elec Standing Charge £63 to £73

Gas 3.8p to 4.12p

Gas Standing Charge £64.26 to £73.

These are Midlands, ex-MEB, prices.

This is the increase for existing customers. New customers are already paying the higher rates :)
    (Existing customers got 3 weeks longer at the lower rates than I had presumed)
    The precise increase depends on where you live and how much energy you use. The average increase for an average consumer is 8.5% for gas and 9.0% for electricity . This equates to an increase of about £8.39 per month for an average dual fuel consumer.

When do new prices take effect?
    From 9th May 2013 for all customers on supply on our Pioneer tariff. New customers who signed up on or after 12th February 2013 are already paying the new rates.
  • Is it just me thinking Co-Op's foray into the energy market has been pretty disappointing so far?
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Why is it disappointing? The fact that their prices are comparable to other suppliers which indicates others are charging a fair price?
  • bubieyehyeh
    bubieyehyeh Posts: 587 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I've been far from impressed with Co-op, numerous techical problems and several clueless call centre staff.

Currently I can no longer enter any meter readings via my online account. Not sure if this problem is affecting everyone or just broken for me.
  • MillicentBystander
    MillicentBystander Posts: 3,518 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2013 at 12:15AM
    Nada666 wrote: »
    Why is it disappointing? The fact that their prices are comparable to other suppliers which indicates others are charging a fair price?

Comparable in what way?

http://www.ukpower.co.uk/home_energy/compare/dual/WGEU9HJ4
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    edited 10 April 2013 at 9:58AM
    I've been very happy with the Co-op apart from a couple of niggles.
    I switched us in July 2011 and have been on the fixed tariff since July 2012.
    This tariff does have an early exit penalty of £30 per fuel.

Bills are easy to understand and they haven't changed the direct debit at all since switching as other suppliers do.

I put meter reads into a calculator so when the March bill arrived there were no nasty surprises :)

http://www.ukpower.co.uk/tools/smart_meter_calculator/
  • Would that be the fixed deal with exit penalties they originally pledged they would never do? :D
  • meggsy
    meggsy Posts: 741 Forumite
    Would that be the fixed deal with exit penalties they originally pledged they would never do? :D

:) er ... yes, added to my post just for you :)
  • Nada666
    Nada666 Posts: 5,004 Forumite
    Standing charges of £314 per year for those with prepayment meters. Is this a misprint or do they really charge such customers more than double? I know the meters are more expensive, but still...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure