Londoners, help needed with trains please

Zola.
Zola. Posts: 2,204 Forumite
First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
Hello folks

We are heading to London this weekend for the UFC at the o2. Just staying one night, right by Gatwick airport.

I know to get to o2 is easy, heading east on the Jubilee line to North Greenwich...

However, the event is likely to be over around 11pm. The last train from Victoria station back to Gatwick airport seems to be 11.45pm.... we will never make that surely?

If we do miss it, where can we go to have a few pints? Google seems to say the first Gatwick train from Victoria is at 3.30am.

:beer:

Comments

• Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,021 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I suspect you are only looking at the Gatwick Express timetable. Other (slower) trains are available. Google trains Victoria to Gatwick to get a fuller list!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 8 March 2016 at 11:30AM
    Or use the service from Blackfriars/London Bridge to Gatwick. LB is on the Jubilee line. Baffles me why people go all the way west to Victoria to use the Gatwick Express when the alternative services from the City stations are just a few minutes longer.
    I don't know the timings, but easy enough to check. I think there are trains running through the night, though for some you might need to change at East Croydon.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • thebigbosh
    thebigbosh Posts: 298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Did you get back ok? I had a 2357 train from Waterloo that I made, just, running hard. Had to walk out before the Bisping announcement though
    School is important, but Rugby is importanter.
  • You have trains all day and all night, just don't use the Gatwick Express. Check Southern (or First Capital Connect) for trains throughout the day and night. You can get on them at St Pancras International, Farringdon, Blackfriars and sometimes London Bridge.
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    uksergio wrote: »
    You have trains all day and all night, just don't use the Gatwick Express. Check Southern (or First Capital Connect) for trains throughout the day and night. You can get on them at St Pancras International, Farringdon, Blackfriars and sometimes London Bridge.
    I think she's probably missed it. It was two months ago....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure