Mum2one - next chapter - baby steps make big strides

Options

Comments

• lobbyludd
    lobbyludd Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    hey M21, fab news on the hot air balloon trip: I have ALWAYS wanted to go on one, hope DD has a brilliant time.

what a rubbish half term though with both of you sick, the snowdrop walk sounded lovely :( such a shame you couldn't go.

had no idea you were fitting in OU as well, I had a brief look, but the idea of studying and raising kids fills me with dread so hats off to you (my friend just finished one course so obviously it can be done, just not sure I'm ready for that challenge at the mo!

great news on your table top sales too :) hope you are taking it easy and looking after yourself too, it's very easy to let ourselves get run down and I find everything so much herder then.

you're doing great :)
    :AA/give up smoking (done) :)
  • mum2one
    mum2one Posts: 16,279 Forumite
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    lobbyludd - thank you, once you get the 1st OU course out of the way, its ok, at least get a break the end of April.

Good review from school today on DD, shes going back to a steady level with her school work, so treated her to Caroline DVD 2ngt, £3 in Sainsburys. She had a £6 voucher from some trs she took back at xmas, and I had a £5 off £30 spend, so we got 2 jumpers, 3 prs of Hello Kitty socks, and her dvd, should have been £34, paid £23. So plzed with that. Thou there wasn't much choice in clothes, it was hit and miss.

One gd thing we found they sell thermal underwear! need that for Lapland... x
    xx rip dad... we had our ups and downs but we’re always be family xx
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    Absolutely bargainous and well done to DD x
  • loumac
    loumac Posts: 942 Forumite
    Options
    Happy new diary! :j
    Wandered away from the MSE track for a while but am back and on a mission! Debts cleared nearly £18k. Now to start saving ...
  • mamato3
    mamato3 Posts: 216 Forumite
    Options
    Hi mum2one

Love your diary and how organised you are in relation to your present buying something I have to try and get to grips with. Hope you don't mind if I tag along!
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    mamato3 wrote: »
    Hi mum2one

Love your diary and how organised you are in relation to your present buying something I have to try and get to grips with. Hope you don't mind if I tag along!

Hi, thank you, def hit the sales for presents, as the person still gets a gd present, I save some money, allows me to spoil DD a bit. I d ramble for England, but pull up a chair, have a glass of wine! xx
  • lobbyludd
    lobbyludd Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    LAPLAND!

ha I was trying to work out what the LL fund was! (my guesses were not remotely close)
    :AA/give up smoking (done) :)
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    lobbyludd wrote: »
    LAPLAND!

ha I was trying to work out what the LL fund was! (my guesses were not remotely close)

Bet your guesses were interesting! xx
    x
  • mum2one
    Xmas Saver!
    Options
    While looks like the fun and games start again, got my medical with Atos middle of March, considering there suppose to be done within 13 weeks, I got transferred to esa in Sept last yr. Not holding out much hope.

No news from solicitor, court hearing yesterday, was expecting a catch up from him but nowt.

DD off to National trust 2mor with dad and the dog, there going for walk round the lake and to the playpark xx
  • taxi73
    taxi73 Posts: 20,815 Forumite
    Options
    just got another esa50 to fill in again by 23rd march ...they tend to give medicals very frequently I tend to have one every 3-6 months...drives me up the wall
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure