Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moments_of_sanity
    • By moments_of_sanity 9th Dec 12, 5:41 PM
    • 1,687Posts
    • 9,130Thanks
    moments_of_sanity
    0 WOW
    Yankee candles offers
    • 9th Dec 12, 5:41 PM
    0 WOW
    Yankee candles offers 9th Dec 12 at 5:41 PM
    Just got an email from Yankee candles saying they have a lot of items 50% off, not sure what postage cost is.

Yankee.co.uk and tab for 50% is on the left (can't post link as still not worked out how to do it with an I-pad!).
Page 3
  • Cooper18
    Play.com seem to do one of the big jars at £12.99 fairly regularly. I got clean cotton, fluffy towels and some random purple one I can't quite recall over the course of a week or two. Free delivery of course. Made 3 folk happy at Christmas!
  • angel13
    I work in a designer outlet and there's a YC store. Really disappointing everytime I've been past as there's not much of a saving on anything.

I went to an outlet mall in the US (perks of marrying a Yank) and got large jars for $10 which is about 6 quid each. Nothing even comes close to that in the UK
    Originally posted by darkangel-42
    I live in town with designer outlet or dobbies and dobbies seem to have better offers than the outlet store

• Natasha_H
    • By Natasha_H 29th Dec 12, 7:29 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,024 Thanks
    Natasha_H
    Play.com seem to do one of the big jars at £12.99 fairly regularly. I got clean cotton, fluffy towels and some random purple one I can't quite recall over the course of a week or two. Free delivery of course. Made 3 folk happy at Christmas!
    Originally posted by Cooper18
    I ordered the clean cotton and drift away Yankee candles from Play when they were £12.99 each a couple of months ago. When I received the drift away Yankee candle from Hermes it was smashed to pieces. Play had stupidly just put it in plastic wrapping. There was no bubble wrapping or protection of any sort. I was expecting it to come well packaged in a box as everywhere else seems to package them. I had to take a photo of the damage and Play refunded me after a week. I quickly cancelled the other order for the clean cotton Yankee candle too. Won't be ordering any more from them as can't trust them to arrive in one piece. The stupidity of whoever 'packed' it there was breath taking.
    • juliebunny
    • By juliebunny 30th Dec 12, 12:01 PM
    • 1,591 Posts
    • 7,947 Thanks
    juliebunny
    I was at H of F in Exeter on Thurs, they still had a good selection of 50% off Yankee things then went to Debenhams and they just had shelves where it had all been - boo hoo! Must mobilise a bit earlier next year but hopefully my click and collect will turn up at some point from HOF although they have not texted me as yet....
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 30th Dec 12, 12:33 PM
    • 15,570 Posts
    • 321,089 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    All Christmas Yankee candles are half price at Clintons - large, medium, small jars, 'sets', samplers & ceramics.
    2017 wins - £5 amazon voucher

My little miracle 02/12/16

• purplestar133
    • By purplestar133 30th Dec 12, 12:44 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 1,321 Thanks
    purplestar133
    Has this just started? I was in Clintons yesterday. Saw plenty of candles but no signs about discounts...
    • princessmoneysaver
    • By princessmoneysaver 30th Dec 12, 1:00 PM
    • 15,570 Posts
    • 321,089 Thanks
    princessmoneysaver
    It's only the xmas range so if yours have all gone there may be no signs? I got mine on Friday HTH
    2017 wins - £5 amazon voucher

My little miracle 02/12/16

• juliebunny
    • By juliebunny 30th Dec 12, 1:17 PM
    • 1,591 Posts
    • 7,947 Thanks
    juliebunny
    Yes, I popped into Clintons, again, empty shelves where the yankee discounted candles had been, managed to get 2 samplers of Cherries on Snow yummy.
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
  • Cooper18
    I ordered the clean cotton and drift away Yankee candles from Play when they were £12.99 each a couple of months ago. When I received the drift away Yankee candle from Hermes it was smashed to pieces. Play had stupidly just put it in plastic wrapping. There was no bubble wrapping or protection of any sort. I was expecting it to come well packaged in a box as everywhere else seems to package them. I had to take a photo of the damage and Play refunded me after a week. I quickly cancelled the other order for the clean cotton Yankee candle too. Won't be ordering any more from them as can't trust them to arrive in one piece. The stupidity of whoever 'packed' it there was breath taking.
    Originally posted by Natasha_H
    Mine weren't the best attempt at packing I've ever seen, but they arrived in one piece. Wrapped in bubble wrap but floating loose in a huge box... I noticed a lot of awful packaging from Amazon over Christmas too (not like them in my experience) so wondered if places are too busy to bother, or hire in seasonal staff who are a bit clueless?!
    • purplestar133
    • By purplestar133 30th Dec 12, 2:27 PM
    • 1,707 Posts
    • 1,321 Thanks
    purplestar133
    It's only the xmas range so if yours have all gone there may be no signs? I got mine on Friday HTH
    Originally posted by princessmoneysaver
    Thanks, I'll have another look. Stocked up on cheap cinnamon tarts last year, was hoping for something similar again. Been really disappointed in the sales so far! Mind you, I suppose the real bargains come later in the month...
    • wonderemxx
    • By wonderemxx 30th Dec 12, 3:02 PM
    • 45 Posts
    • 36 Thanks
    wonderemxx
    Xmas range are half price in my local garden centre (garden centre group)
    Debt Free since 23rd October 2008
    • Natasha_H
    • By Natasha_H 30th Dec 12, 4:01 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,024 Thanks
    Natasha_H
    Mine weren't the best attempt at packing I've ever seen, but they arrived in one piece. Wrapped in bubble wrap but floating loose in a huge box... I noticed a lot of awful packaging from Amazon over Christmas too (not like them in my experience) so wondered if places are too busy to bother, or hire in seasonal staff who are a bit clueless?!
    Originally posted by Cooper18
    Looks like it's hit or miss with Play's packaging, yours sounds better but still their efforts are not good enough. Still don't think I can risk it again. Don't think I've ever had a problem with Amazon's packaging and I buy a lot from them :-)
    • juliebunny
    • By juliebunny 30th Dec 12, 9:29 PM
    • 1,591 Posts
    • 7,947 Thanks
    juliebunny
    Picked up my click and collect at HOF today, it was packed really well in a ridiculously oversized box for 2 medium candles! The girl was pushing me to sign for it before she had even got the package out the back or I could check it but I stood my ground and told her i wanted to check it first.
    They had loads of the tarts and samplers, but only a few different scents - Christmas ones - only one candle left which was the Christmas tree one or something similar - loads of them left, cos it's not very nice!

Clintons had a good amount of tarts and samplers, again no bigger candles and lots of the same ones.

This was Lakeside Essex.
    • ELLA
    • By ELLA 30th Dec 12, 10:45 PM
    • 762 Posts
    • 655 Thanks
    ELLA
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but I went Into my local branch of bensons for beds and they had loads of yankee with 50% off. They has christmas boxes that were £22 half price and also lots of Christmas tea light holders again half price. This was a Christchurch Dorset branch.
    • Natasha_H
    • By Natasha_H 30th Dec 12, 10:58 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,024 Thanks
    Natasha_H
    Picked up my click and collect at HOF today, it was packed really well in a ridiculously oversized box for 2 medium candles! The girl was pushing me to sign for it before she had even got the package out the back or I could check it but I stood my ground and told her i wanted to check it first.
    They had loads of the tarts and samplers, but only a few different scents - Christmas ones - only one candle left which was the Christmas tree one or something similar - loads of them left, cos it's not very nice!

Clintons had a good amount of tarts and samplers, again no bigger candles and lots of the same ones.

This was Lakeside Essex.
    Originally posted by juliebunny
    Thanks for letting us know. Will be picking up my click and collect order from Lakeside Essex HOF soon too.
  • teabythesea
    My Clintons had all the Christmas ones half price (Norwich, Chapelfield) bar CHRISTMAS cupcake and CHRISTMAS cookie...... Work that one out as you do lol.
    • juliebunny
    • By juliebunny 4th Jan 13, 1:58 PM
    • 1,591 Posts
    • 7,947 Thanks
    juliebunny
    My local clintons only had the samplers left in the Christmassy ones but they are now down to 45p in the 75% off sale!

Picked up 'a few' ....
    • savingmonkey
    • By savingmonkey 4th Jan 13, 4:28 PM
    • 912 Posts
    • 1,307 Thanks
    savingmonkey
    My local clintons only had the samplers left in the Christmassy ones but they are now down to 45p in the 75% off sale!

Picked up 'a few' ....
    Originally posted by juliebunny
    I got a dozen samplers at 45p today including: snow in love, christmas cookie, cherries on snow, loves me loves me not, sicilian lemonade. There were about 12 fragrances reduced in tarts and samplers.
    • floella80
    • By floella80 4th Jan 13, 4:43 PM
    • 243 Posts
    • 1,753 Thanks
    floella80
    I was lucky and managed to get a few Christmas sets at 75% off. So two medium Christmas candles for £6. Bargain when they are £16.99 per medium jar. They didn't have any smaplers though.
    Debt free wannabe.
    Loan £1987.92/£3132.44 no145 pay your debt off by Xmas 2016 =21% Barclays 1 £83.86/£985.91 Barclays 2 £164.31/£1801.97. MBNA £371.31/£4195.43
    Total Debt: £2607.40/£10,115.75
    Earn £10 a day in July £0/£300June £561
    • Cathy Y
    • By Cathy Y 4th Jan 13, 5:17 PM
    • 9 Posts
    • 8 Thanks
    Cathy Y
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but Debenhams (Harrow branch) have a small selection of YC on sale. Christmas ones are 50%, mainly Christmas Cupcake in medium tumblers left - originally £15.99. A couple are 30% off which includes Pink Blush and Union Jack in the large jar - originally £19.99
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

201Posts Today

1,269Users online

Martin's Twitter