Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • moments_of_sanity
    • By moments_of_sanity 9th Dec 12, 5:41 PM
    • 1,608Posts
    • 9,132Thanks
    moments_of_sanity
    0 WOW
    Yankee candles offers
    • 9th Dec 12, 5:41 PM
    0 WOW
    Yankee candles offers 9th Dec 12 at 5:41 PM
    Just got an email from Yankee candles saying they have a lot of items 50% off, not sure what postage cost is.

Yankee.co.uk and tab for 50% is on the left (can't post link as still not worked out how to do it with an I-pad!).
Page 2
  • fizzyfish
    Oooh thank you - which ones went through at the cheaper price please - you can whisper...no one else will hear...

I've had a few good deals from the department stores but usually I get the tail end as I didn't realise until recently that in my HOF there is a separate and very hidden away section.

Clintons was always good to look out for a bargain, but who knows whether that will be the same under the new owners....I am such a candle addict !!

I got out all my Yankee samplers and tarts the other night added a BS vanilla oil, some pink tissue in a gift bag and made an adorable pressie for friends mum who also loves them!
    Originally posted by juliebunny
    lol love yankee too the 2 i got for a tenner were vanilla lime and midsummer night. SA said they were likely to be discontinued, but my HoF had loads of each, and she offered to check others too (they had dozens of scents) I just couln't carry more than 3 large jars

FFx
    • boglin
    • By boglin 15th Dec 12, 10:02 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    boglin
    Many thanks for the House of Fraser tip. Although they have 20% discount, they aren't 3 for 2. We bought three for £31.98 after the 20% and 3 for 2.

Incidentally, one came up at £10 so was the free one: Macintosh Spice, a nice Christmassy smelling one.
  • jennyn8545
    If anyone can get to a hallmark outlet store eg fleetwood freeport, or somewhere similar, They have the best value all year round. Large candles fro £8.99 -10.99
    baby powder, clean cotton & fresh cut roses are regularly in there too
    2013 WINS
    pepsi tshirt, cosmo diesel goody bag, toni & guy hair smoother, £100 lesuire vouchers, chloe bubbles & nail file, £500 myro learning books & fake tan

Huge thanks to the posters
    • VALM
    • By VALM 16th Dec 12, 9:39 AM
    • 3,735 Posts
    • 34,765 Thanks
    VALM
    I like the YC wax tarts and my only gripe with Clintons is that they never stock these. We do however have an outlet store near where I live in Stockport. They stock a full range although the prices are no cheaper than anywhere else with the exception of the Fragrance of the Month which is the usual 25% off.

I've recently ordered some tarts from Ebay which were good value. £9.95 for 10 with free delivery.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
    • juliebunny
    • By juliebunny 16th Dec 12, 5:38 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 7,949 Thanks
    juliebunny
    If anyone can get to a hallmark outlet store eg fleetwood freeport, or somewhere similar, They have the best value all year round. Large candles fro £8.99 -10.99
    baby powder, clean cotton & fresh cut roses are regularly in there too
    Originally posted by jennyn8545
    Ooh that's good to know, I could get to Freeport...but no way I would brave it at a weekend before Christmas! The M25 reports were dire today, so glad I've done most of my Christmas shopping already!
    Less stuff, more life, love, laughter and cats!
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
    • juliebunny
    • By juliebunny 16th Dec 12, 6:09 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 7,949 Thanks
    juliebunny
    Many thanks for the House of Fraser tip. Although they have 20% discount, they aren't 3 for 2. We bought three for £31.98 after the 20% and 3 for 2.

Incidentally, one came up at £10 so was the free one: Macintosh Spice, a nice Christmassy smelling one.
    Originally posted by boglin
    Er so are they 3 for 2 or not? You said they weren't then included that in your discount? Which ones did you get?
    Even if I'm on the shopping threads, it doesn't mean I'm buying! Sometimes it's good to just look and then hit the CLOSE button!
    • juliebunny
    • By juliebunny 23rd Dec 12, 3:44 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 7,949 Thanks
    juliebunny
    I just got back from Enfield Garden Centre (use to be Wyevale) and they have their Christmas ranges on half price - mainly jar toppers, saucers, but also some candles, tarts, and I also got an oil burner with 2 tarts in a gift set etc. Not masses, but was enough to keep me happy and a few things to put away for gifts!
    Not sure if this is still connected to Wyevale but might be worth a peek if you're in one, and not all were marked as sale but anythng Christmassy did go through at half. Think the fragrances were Christmas eve, cherries on snow, something else snow, christmas Rose, etc.
    They had loads of reductions on other things across the store too.
  • fizzyfish
    Er so are they 3 for 2 or not? You said they weren't then included that in your discount? Which ones did you get?

not my post I know, but I've been back and done the 3 for 2 its a regular promo, not advertised, but a good way to get them cheaper regularly
    • juliebunny
    • By juliebunny 23rd Dec 12, 6:05 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 7,949 Thanks
    juliebunny
    not my post I know, but I've been back and done the 3 for 2 its a regular promo, not advertised, but a good way to get them cheaper regularly
    Originally posted by fizzyfish
    Thanks! Odd sort of promo if it's never advertised though!
    I've never paid more than half RRP for anything Yankee thanks to regular deals - but not so many it becomes ridiculous like some places!!
    • boglin
    • By boglin 23rd Dec 12, 11:09 PM
    • 425 Posts
    • 538 Thanks
    boglin
    Sorry, I left out the vital word 'online'! I meant to say that they aren't 3 for 2 online but they are in store.
  • loveshopping
    Wyevale in Ipswich had 50% off all the yankee candle christmas range last week
    • juliebunny
    • By juliebunny 24th Dec 12, 4:48 PM
    • 1,592 Posts
    • 7,949 Thanks
    juliebunny
    HOF online have some yankees reduced from the Christmas range. AND the Christmas eve one -which is nice - is also buy one get one half price too
  • sexybabe1982
    Went to Dobbies earlier to see what they had in their Christmas goodies sale and they had Yankee Candle gift sets half price! Managed to get a medium Christmas Cookie and Cinnamon gift set for £10, and a set of 3 mini Christmas ones for £7.50.
    They also had gorgeous Christmas boxes containing 12 miniature Christmas candles for £10. Lots left on the shelves in Southport store.
    • Natasha_H
    • By Natasha_H 24th Dec 12, 6:23 PM
    • 504 Posts
    • 1,024 Thanks
    Natasha_H
    Thanks, got the large jar snow in love scented candle, large Christmas tree housewarmer candle and the three small jars spring gift set for £28.50 collection at HOF.
    • darkangel-42
    • By darkangel-42 27th Dec 12, 4:32 PM
    • 78 Posts
    • 602 Thanks
    darkangel-42
    I work in a designer outlet and there's a YC store. Really disappointing everytime I've been past as there's not much of a saving on anything.

I went to an outlet mall in the US (perks of marrying a Yank) and got large jars for $10 which is about 6 quid each. Nothing even comes close to that in the UK
  • loveyoumummy
    Just back from Clinton's in Bolton, xmas Yankee candles at half price plus lemon... Got gift set of 2 medium xmas for 12.49, one for me, one for Mum next xmas! And a large cherries on snow for a tenner. The palpitations are just ebbing away now!
    They also had sets of 3 small xmas jars for 10.99 and a couple of other xmas scents, plus motives.
    I love ycs but refuse to buy through the year as I can't justify the expense.
  • wohic
    Clinton cards outlet in clarks villiage street have a wide selection of yankee candles, tartlets and burners etc for half price or less .
    • lauraland
    • By lauraland 27th Dec 12, 6:43 PM
    • 1,638 Posts
    • 18,898 Thanks
    lauraland
    Went to Dobbies earlier to see what they had in their Christmas goodies sale and they had Yankee Candle gift sets half price! Managed to get a medium Christmas Cookie and Cinnamon gift set for £10, and a set of 3 mini Christmas ones for £7.50.
    They also had gorgeous Christmas boxes containing 12 miniature Christmas candles for £10. Lots left on the shelves in Southport store.
    Originally posted by sexybabe1982
    Dobbies in Lisburn today had red apple wreath, spiced orange, cinnamon stick and snow in love collections at half price. They also had large jars of chamomile tea at £10.
    I got ham but i'm not a hamster.....
    • BOBBIs MUMMY
    • By BOBBIs MUMMY 27th Dec 12, 8:00 PM
    • 807 Posts
    • 1,319 Thanks
    BOBBIs MUMMY
    Debenhams 50% Off
    Got small sized jars of Christmas yankee candles for £4 odd yesterday, also managed to get 50% off the shades and trays on the "christmas eve" range they also had "skating snowman" range too. Got two sets to put away for presents for next christmas!!
    • purplestar133
    • By purplestar133 28th Dec 12, 5:45 PM
    • 1,709 Posts
    • 1,321 Thanks
    purplestar133
    I got a YC from the Simply Home range at Tesco for £8 a few weeks back. I thought it was a good price but I don't think it smells as strong as 'normal' Yankee Candles. Are the Simply Home range less high quality?
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,394Posts Today

8,423Users online

Martin's Twitter