Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    mamto3
    0 WOW
    Sainsbury's in store big bargains thread
    • 20th Apr 12, 12:17 PM
    0 WOW
    Sainsbury's in store big bargains thread 20th Apr 12 at 12:17 PM
    i went in to sainsburys to take advantage of the £10 oriental meal deal and got somebig bargains while i was there;

'Head' canvas butterfly shopping bags 14.99 now 2.99
    70 piece screw set was 2.49 now 25p
    Draper claw hammer was 6.99 now 1.49
    Sainsburys flat head screwdriver was 1.49 now 29p
    Sainsburys electric cordless screwdriver set was 19.99 now 4.99

Robot sandwich box was 3.49
    Robot insulated lunch bag (quite big) was 5.99
    Robot aluminium water bottle was 3.49
    Russian doll water bottle was 3.49
    All these were 1.00 each

Trunki GoVinchi backpack in blue was 19.99 now 5.99 (Cheaper than home bargains)

Ceramic and Lime green hoilet brush and holder was 6.25 now 1.83

These were all in Sainsburys Durham, hope it helps someone.
    Last edited by mamto3; 20-04-2012 at 12:58 PM.
Page 2
  • stef240377
    After seeing a thread the other day for reduced Tetley Soya tea bags went to see what my local had. Husband not interested in the soya ones but found jars of Tetley tea granules RTC @ 56p per jar instead of £2.68ish. There were only 4 jars on the shelf so took those and surprisingly they make a nice brew - unless you put milk in first then the granules dont break down.

Each jar makes the equivalent of 80 tea bags so a real bargain.
    Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
    • pollys
    • By pollys 1st May 12, 7:31 PM
    • 1,755 Posts
    • 12,462 Thanks
    pollys
    Splat pencil sharpeners 24p, great for party bags, I got some to put in the treat box at school the children love them.

Also got stickers, Peppa Pig, Fairies, Toy Story £1.79 reduced to 44p another favourite at school.

Lots of other 70% off bargains.

Pollys
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • tylers mum
    Eco baby wipes at sainsburys
    js little ones eco 24 sensitive baby wipes travel pack went through tills at 29p sel also 29p dont know if this is usuall price but have looked online and can only see x72 pack for £1.63 just got 1 pack to try .... full size soft and strong wish i bought more
    • twinklyeys
    • By twinklyeys 9th May 12, 11:10 PM
    • 2,519 Posts
    • 4,589 Thanks
    twinklyeys
    I managed to pick up the stickers for 44p. I also got a pencil case, shopping pads that stick on the fridge and selotape wrist refills all at 70% off. It is worth looking up the stationery aisle as they seem to be having a bit of a clearance. They had some of the Crayola sets at either half or 70% too, I picked up a glow explosion!
    • gbpaln
    • By gbpaln 10th May 12, 7:00 AM
    • 10 Posts
    • 12 Thanks
    gbpaln
    Ben 10
    In my local Sainsburys (London Colney) I bought a Ben 10 20cm toy (Humungousaur) for £1.34, in the clearance section.
  • katyj10
    creme brulee
    Sainsbury's in Doncaster town centre had the Vaseline pots of lip therapy in the limited edition flavour 'creme brulee' reduced to £1.50. They are selling in Boots for £2.99 at the moment so this is a bargain!

Has anyone tried it and is it nice? I wish I had bought one now...
  • levis2891
    my sainsburys had quite a few yogurts for 10p
    they were where they normally put reduced items but they had sels saying 10p and all had long expirey dates (around 27-30th). so i'm guessing their changing ranges or packs have updated packaging coming so they are getting rid

included;
    twekkelo farmhouse yogurt - apple&cinnamon 500g
    Rachels organic low fat apple&elderflower 450g
    ski smooth limited edition toffee apple 4pack
    sainsburys be good fromage frais 200g
    sainsburys so organic natural yogurt 1kg
    ..and i think 1 or 2 more brands but i didn't get those and dont remember what they were

all for 10p each
  • LGDNUFC
    I think Sainsburys must be changing the look of their own branded laundry range as in my local Sainsburys (Northumberland Park) they had the old range reduced..so I managed to get 2 x Sainsburys Colour care liquid gels (21 washes each) for £1.50 each!! They had Bio liquid gel and boxs of powder too..
  • mamto3
    Kids cycling helmets, elbow and knee pads and gloves.
    The helmet has a soft shell
    Girls are glittery pink with rainbows
    boys are camo.
    Reduced from 19.99 to 4.99
    I bought a girls one a while back when they were 1/2 price and they are fab, really hard wearing.
    Hope this helps someone.
  • Snugster
    Hi Please can you tell me which store in bournemouth you went to and if there were any left.

I am off on a hen weekend to ibiza next weekend and I have made Ibiza survivial kits.... these will be perfect to put in at this price lol
    knowing we will not use them as we are all mature ladys now hehe
    Originally posted by Love My Bargains
    They aren't just to prevent you getting pregnant you know.
    Please use them, better safe than sorry.
    • nainoo
    • By nainoo 18th May 12, 3:18 PM
    • 4,577 Posts
    • 9,684 Thanks
    nainoo
    Maybe by 'mature ladies' they mean they don't have sex with random strangers they meet on hen weekends? ... Hence not needing them
  • dcon_blue
    my sainsburys had quite a few yogurts for 10p
    they were where they normally put reduced items but they had sels saying 10p and all had long expirey dates (around 27-30th). so i'm guessing their changing ranges or packs have updated packaging coming so they are getting rid

included;
    twekkelo farmhouse yogurt - apple&cinnamon 500g
    Rachels organic low fat apple&elderflower 450g
    ski smooth limited edition toffee apple 4pack
    sainsburys be good fromage frais 200g
    sainsburys so organic natural yogurt 1kg
    ..and i think 1 or 2 more brands but i didn't get those and dont remember what they were

all for 10p each
    Originally posted by levis2891
    I think there's a voucher for this on the Voucher & Coupons Thread
  • Love My Bargains
    Maybe by 'mature ladies' they mean they don't have sex with random strangers they meet on hen weekends? ... Hence not needing them
    Originally posted by cazzap06
    Lol
    We had a fab weekend and no we did not need them lol
    They came handy for one of our girls as she is having an op and the medication she will be taking will cancel the pill out .... Think this medication lasts for a month so she has plenty to last and will keep her husband happy
  • dcon_blue
    May I pose a question re Nectar Points to you Sainsbos gurus?

I know S receipts don't have a barcode to scan ... it just says "With Nectar you could have earned xxx points".

So when CS add Nectar points from a receipt to your account do they key into the till the date, time, till no, etc?

TIA xx
    • ikkle87
    • By ikkle87 19th May 12, 4:09 AM
    • 8,075 Posts
    • 176,041 Thanks
    ikkle87
    No the receipt must be dated within the last 4 days. They scan your nectar card and then just type in the number of points you should have received. Then scribble out the amounts on your receipt so you can't claim the nectar points on it again x
    You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

xx Mama to a gorgeous Cranio Baby xx
  • Snugster
    Originally posted by cazzap06
    I think I should have put one of these at the end of my post -
    • dalla
    • By dalla 21st May 12, 4:09 PM
    • 23 Posts
    • 24 Thanks
    dalla
    going to have to have a trip to Sainsbury's now!! only go once a year lol.. will let you know if I pick up any bargains!
  • loobylou232
    Tresemme Smooth Memory spray £1.20 - Sainsburys
    Hi all. just back from sainsbury where I found the Tresemme smooth memory frizz control spray 250mL was reduced from £4.80 to £1.20.
    This is due to a formulation change. The new smooth memory spray contains argan oil and this is printed clearly on the label. That one is full price. The cheap one contains sweet almond oil and this isn't on the front of the label. The sel stated correct price.
    Worth a look if you regularly straighten your hair and use heat protection spray.
    • mumofjanda
    • By mumofjanda 9th Jun 12, 8:26 PM
    • 283 Posts
    • 359 Thanks
    mumofjanda
    Colgate Toothpaste 25p in Sainsburys
    Hi,
    Sainsburys are selling Colgate toothpaste in 'Retro' packaging (75ml) reduced from 75p to 25p.
    These were in a large cardboard display but the reduced sign wasn't very obvious so there were lots left.
    • Hiddenidenity
    • By Hiddenidenity 9th Jun 12, 8:30 PM
    • 2,684 Posts
    • 10,198 Thanks
    Hiddenidenity
    Thank you will have a look tomorrow
    One day ill get there
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

203Posts Today

1,254Users online

Martin's Twitter