Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
  • FIRST POST
    saintscouple
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - please post your finds here!
    • 4th Aug 08, 6:38 PM
    0 WOW
    Poundland Bargain Thread - please post your finds here! 4th Aug 08 at 6:38 PM
    Quick note from MoneySavingExpert.com

If you've just come from the tip, below is a discussion by forum regulars to collate the hottest mega-bargains currently on offer at Poundland. This discussion has been going for a while, so click on the last page of the discussion to see the most up-to-date deals.

Current top deals

Current top deals include
    £1 iPod speakers, Aveeno face cream (RRP £12) & Neutrogena Cleansing Cushions (£4).
    Find your nearest Poundland.

More discount store bargains

Wilkinsons | B&M Bargains | Home Bargains

Huge thanks to saintscouple and all the MoneySavers who contributed to this thread for their amazing work.

Now back to the original post …

Seeing as the old thread was some 18 months old, I thought it best to start a new thread to keep the finds valid.

For reference the old thread can be found HERE.

This Forum Tip was included in MoneySavingExpert's weekly email

Don't miss out on new deals, loopholes, and vouchers

Last edited by MSE Jenny; 04-05-2010 at 9:20 PM.
Page 3
  • paul.carter
    hi been into poundland today and found they where selling aluminium foil food containers with lids 1 pound for twelve.got four packs of twelve myself. also got a large loaf tin for a pound and three teatowels for same price. hope this helps anyone who is looking for them. works out at less than ten pence each. also reuseable toaster bags two in the pack
    Originally posted by welshmaiden
    Lots of info here, thanks. Just wondering how much the reuseable toaster bags were?
    Blitzkreig Bob says Hi to those checking his validity!
  • welshmaiden
    everything in poundland is 1 pound there is two in pack with the toaster bags.
  • keira3ellie7mnth
    yesterday I got a bottle of perfume, aftershave and 2 magnetic photo frames which were 50p each. Thats the grandparents sorted for christmas, Ive finished all christmas presents now thanks to this and the freebie forums x
  • sarahf191979
    Yesterday in Oldham:

Golden Compass Figures (2 Different one's)
    Fantastic Four Talking Books
    White porclain Gravey Boats (Really nice and look expensive)
    White Porclain Snack dishes (Really nice and look expensive)
    Back to School Stationary (3 for £1)
    Bob the Build Ice cube Trays

Scooby Doo Party Tricks: (Great for Stocking Fillers i Got 2 of Each)

Whoopee Cushions
    Marbles
    Flashing YoYo's
    Flashing Spining Tops
    Noiesy Marbles (Them ones that click together)

Also had some Wedding stuff in:

Cake Knife (White handle with Ribbon in box)
    Napkins
    Paprty Poppers
    Bubbles

Thats all I can remember on the wedding stuff, but they were nice and in a soft white colour....Might be worth a trip if your due to get married

HTH

Where's the Coffee?? Show me the Coffee NOW!!
  • sarahf191979
    They had 2 Golden Compass toys in the Dundee store yesterday a Magesterial Carriage and a Magisterium Sky Ferry
    Originally posted by Violetta
    Sorry for pinching your links Violetta , These are the 2 I saw in Oldham yesterday.

Thanks

• scrivette
    In Bromley they had fairy notepads and boxes of fairy notecards and envelopes, they sell them in Past Times for a lot more than £1.
  • ScoobyRay
    Bedford poundland has the Original Source Shower Gels and Shampoos for, erm, a pound. Stocked up for a few months now

Also, for a giggle, ask the shop staff how much this item, or that item is, and see how long you can go before they get fed up My record is 9 items,asking the same staff member
    • Ellidee
    • By Ellidee 24th Aug 08, 1:26 PM
    • 6,090 Posts
    • 16,697 Thanks
    Ellidee

Also, for a giggle, ask the shop staff how much this item, or that item is, and see how long you can go before they get fed up My record is 9 items,asking the same staff member
    Originally posted by ScoobyRay
    I don't find this funny at all, very puerile
    Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. William James
    • Barny1979
    • By Barny1979 25th Aug 08, 2:35 PM
    • 3,602 Posts
    • 41,708 Thanks
    Barny1979
    I picked up a few Original Source today and Carex hand soap. Bargain prices
    • xkymx
    • By xkymx 25th Aug 08, 3:22 PM
    • 484 Posts
    • 728 Thanks
    xkymx
    was in poundland today they had a wii joy pad adaptor (the simpsons had bart on it ), its the style that meakes the remote like a ps2 controller if that makes sense

saw loads of things and now i cant remember
    • eyelinerprincess
    • By eyelinerprincess 25th Aug 08, 8:54 PM
    • 4,525 Posts
    • 3,641 Thanks
    eyelinerprincess
    Bedford poundland has the Original Source Shower Gels and Shampoos for, erm, a pound. Stocked up for a few months now

Originally posted by ScoobyRay
    I would have walked away from you by the third time. Or passed you off to someone else.

Your "friendly" Poundland employee
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
    • PopeSock
    • By PopeSock 25th Aug 08, 9:09 PM
    • 494 Posts
    • 446 Thanks
    PopeSock
    My local has a bunch of knock off Transformers for a quid. Which seems like nothing special, but they're actual larger copies of the old combining Transformers, complete with accessories - and combine into the Bruticus toy.
  • super_dad
    Simpsons "wii remote holders"... for those games where you use the wii-mote in the same way that you'd use a ps2 standard controller... £1 each.

V.good quality... complete bargain
    Hating Hastings Direct!
    • Clowance
    • By Clowance 27th Aug 08, 9:36 AM
    • 1,626 Posts
    • 1,112 Thanks
    Clowance
    Simpsons "wii remote holders"... for those games where you use the wii-mote in the same way that you'd use a ps2 standard controller... £1 each.

V.good quality... complete bargain
    Originally posted by super_dad
    where were these / what were they with? I couldn't find any in Boscombe poundland yesterday, looked with the dvd cases/computer bits.
    Don't forget quidco/topcashback - I do!
    • eyelinerprincess
    • By eyelinerprincess 27th Aug 08, 10:09 AM
    • 4,525 Posts
    • 3,641 Thanks
    eyelinerprincess
    We don't have them in either.

Guess what, guys? The Halloween stuff comes in next week!
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Angel777
    • By Angel777 27th Aug 08, 10:11 AM
    • 886 Posts
    • 380 Thanks
    Angel777
    MITCHUM deodorant in the Manchester arndale poundland!!!

i got 3 as they are definitely more elsewhere

hope this helps someone.
    • rosy798
    • By rosy798 27th Aug 08, 11:49 AM
    • 487 Posts
    • 3,966 Thanks
    rosy798
    Has anyone seen any mens Roc in the £1 shops, have been told its in but I cant find it.
  • mrsv05
    Has anyone seen any mens Roc in the £1 shops, have been told its in but I cant find it.
    Originally posted by rosy798
    it was in at harlow 2 weeks ago
    A happy wife, and mum to 2 lovely little boys
  • sarahf191979
    Not much new in today in Oldham

Still had the Wedding stuff in

Knife
    Cake Toppers
    Guest book
    Party Poppers
    Napkin (These were just plain white ones in a fancy packet)

They still had loads of the Golden Compass Figures (Same as last week)

Still had all the school stuff out not for long though by the sounds of things...Haloween stuff next week...I wonder when the xmas stuff will be in ???

HTH

• ianonline
    • By ianonline 27th Aug 08, 4:14 PM
    • 1,185 Posts
    • 2,031 Thanks
    ianonline
    Still had the Wedding stuff in.....

Knife
    Originally posted by sarahf191979
    I've heard of a shotgun wedding but never a knife wedding :rolleyes:
    I a n . . . . . (mine's a L A R G E one)
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

201Posts Today

1,269Users online

Martin's Twitter