Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • kingfisherblue
    • By kingfisherblue 11th Mar 17, 4:46 PM
    • 7,243Posts
    • 15,551Thanks
    kingfisherblue
    Aldi reduced special buys
    • 11th Mar 17, 4:46 PM
    Aldi reduced special buys 11th Mar 17 at 4:46 PM
    My local branch has had some really good bargains in recently. Yesterday I bought a pair of Peppa Pig slippers fro my granddaughter, reduced from £3.99 to 79p. I can't stand Peppa Pig, but she will be delighted.

Some serving dishes were also heavily reduced. I bought a ceramic salad bowl for 69p (reduced from £7.99). There were also Christmas serving bowls, including a divided bowl, for 99p, down from £9.99.

At Christmas, Aldi had little boxes of quiz cards. I think they were either £2.99 or £3.99 - overpriced in my opinion. This week, they're down to 79p. Some children's picture books were half price at 49p.

Two pairs of tights for my granddaughter were £1.79, down from £3.99 - I bought age 3-4 years, to put away for Christmas.

There are boxes of new baby items for £1.99. In it are four items - babygrow, hat, can't remember the other two. I think the original price was £7.99. Baby blankets were heavily reduced as well, but I can't remember how much. Boxes of wooden toys (railway, building blocks, velcroes fruit and veg) were £7.99 a box, now £2.99.

A couple of weeks ago, I bought wooden boxes each containing three wooden jigsaws for toddlers, down from £6.99 to 99p. They're character jigsaws - I bought Cars for my great-nephew and Minnie Mouse for my granddaughter. A 35 piece card jigsaw of Minnie Mouse was 69p.

There are lots of other items, but they're the ones that I bought, or remember. My Christmas cupboard is stocking up nicely.
Page 1
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

2,832Posts Today

7,182Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • RT @thismorning: 'Sometimes the best gift is releasing somebody else from the obligation of having to give to you' says @MartinSLewis. Do y?

• Shana tova umetuka - a sweet Jewish New Year to all celebrating. I won't be online the rest of t'week, as I take the time to be with family

• Dear Steve. Please note doing a poll to ask people's opinion does not in itself imply an opinion! https://t.co/UGvWlMURxy

• Follow Martin