warm home discount scheme

Options

Comments

• Tara100
    Tara100 Posts: 258 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would like to apply for the 2013 / 2014 Warm Home Discount, but there isn't an application form available on the Scottish Power site anymore.

Does anyone have any up to date info?

Thanks
    Tara
    All you need is love (and chocolate)
  • Tara100
    Options
    andrew-b wrote: »
    Tara, you need to wait until about October 2013 to apply ...if it's like this year the deadline will probably be mid march 2014 and you should get the credit to your scottish power account at end of march 2014 if eligible.

Can I ask where you found that info please?
    I only ask, as last year, applications had to be in before the end of June so that the payment could be received this year.
  • nannytone_2
    nannytone_2 Posts: 12,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tara100 wrote: »
    The same here....

When I logged into my account, there was a credit of £190, but with no explanation (though I knew approx £70 of that was from my recent payments)

I phoned Scottish Power and they said that £123 (and some pence, but I've forgotten the exact amount) was credited to my account 25th April)
    My monthly payments were going to be lowered, and they then planned to put the credited amount towards future bills, but I asked for a refund by way of a cheque instead.
    My monthly payments will now stay as they are (like you say, they would have been too low later on)
    it iosnt even showing as a credit!! but the fact that they have cjarhed me £11.11 for the last quarter indicats that the £139 gas been deducted from the bill before it was charged.

their customer services are really dire and it would help massively if they learnt to communicate
  • nannytone_2
    Options
    andrew-b wrote: »
    Tara, you need to wait until about October 2013 to apply ...if it's like this year the deadline will probably be mid march 2014 and you should get the credit to your scottish power account at end of march 2014 if eligible.
    hahaha... shoulda woulda coulda ....
  • nannytone_2
    Options
    Tara100 wrote: »
    Can I ask where you found that info please?
    I only ask, as last year, applications had to be in before the end of June so that the payment could be received this year.
    ive always thought that the deadline was the end of january. thats how they managed to diddle me out of it last year. they took til febtuaty to confirm my account. they then credited me with £20 to make up for me losing £129
  • Tara100
    Options
    nannytone wrote: »
    ive always thought that the deadline was the end of january. thats how they managed to diddle me out of it last year. they took til febtuaty to confirm my account. they then credited me with £20 to make up for me losing £129

Well something's not right there, as I went over to SP mid June last year, found out about the scheme, and just got my application in on time before the page closed to new applications.

There's been a Scottish Power rep on this thread; maybe he can pop back and confirm or deny the cut off date for this year? (oh and tell us when the application form will be made available again on the SP website) :)
  • nannytone_2
    Options
    well i know that i applied in october... so jume feimately isnt the deadline. i know that no apoplications will be accepted after january
  • Bryando
    Bryando Posts: 1,464 Forumite
    Options
    British Gas have informed me that they will send a message to my key for the discount. They say a letter has been sent but not got it. So am starting to wonder what else am I not getting!
  • Scottish_Power
    Scottish_Power Posts: 1,263 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Tara100 I'll check and come back. Not sure if the date for this year has been announced yet.

Thanks David
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Scottish Power. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know the British Gas one isnt open yet for 2013/14 claims

http://www.britishgas.co.uk/warmhome discountscheme

space in between warmhome discount is due to MSE applying a filter and blocking out the url see http://www.britishgas.co.uk/warmhom!!!!!!!!!!cheme

The 2012 scheme is now closed for new applicants. The Scheme will open mid 2013 and further communications will be issued prior to the scheme re-opening.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure