I'm looking for a Windows Live Mail download

Can anyone point me toward somewhere that I can download the Windows Live Mail programme.

After deleting it earlier I now find that Microsoft no longer offers the programme.

I've tried the likes of Filehipo and the Microsoft site to no avail.

I am well aware of other alternatives but really like the Windows Live Mail format.

Thanks in advance.
Tony

Comments

• angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    tonycarew wrote: »
    Can anyone point me toward somewhere that I can download the Windows Live Mail programme.

After deleting it earlier I now find that Microsoft no longer offers the programme.

I've tried the likes of Filehipo and the Microsoft site to no avail.

I am well aware of other alternatives but really like the Windows Live Mail format.

Thanks in advance.
    Tony
    you could try here https://windows-live-mail.en.softonic.com/ but you are aware live mail is no longer supported by microsoft, so you wont be able to login using your MS login details.

they moved everything to support outlook as part of office 365
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,283 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Try this link - no guarantee it's safe but Softonic is well known. Make sure you don't click on any or the other DOWNLOADS on offer.
  • tonycarew
    tonycarew Posts: 239 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    WAYT wrote: »

Thanks WAYT I've downloaded the installer from the link but unfortunately it won't install giving an unknown error has occurred message.I've seen the advice offered by Neil on the MSE link but am not confident enough to attempt the 52 step method.
    Any other advise gratefully accepted
  • angryparcel
    angryparcel Posts: 926 Forumite
    Thanks WAYT I've downloaded the installer from the link but unfortunately it won't install giving an unknown error has occurred message.I've seen the advice offered by Neil on the MSE link but am not confident enough to attempt the 52 step method.
    I may have the download file on an external hard drive as i used live mail
  • tonycarew
    DavidP24 wrote: »
    Do you have system restore on your computer, you could roll back.

You can also use Recuva to get back the files if they have not been overwritten

If the software came as part of your build then you could repartiton your drive, create another primary partition, hide your current partition, do recovery to the new partition, then migrate your profile from hidden partition to new one.

As others have pointed out there is web aspect to this software, would be fine if it was just local software. Maybe time to start another thread to ask for suitable replacement and why?

As they say in Ireland when you stop and ask for directions "you do not want to start from here"!

Thanks Dave..tried System Recovery on Windows 10 and unfortunately I hadn't previously created a restore point 'Oops'
    Don't think Recuva would work as I've recently ran CCleaner a couple of times.
  • WAYT
    WAYT Posts: 694 Forumite

Did you check the last link?

If you get an error, by trying to install Movie Maker and Photo Viewer, youll need to have .NET Framework 2 and 3 installed first..

I found out when i tried to install it in my language (Danish), but it wont install!

Then i tried again with the normal (english?) file, and it started to ask me, to install .NET 2 and 3 first.

After i did that, i closed it, and installed Movie Maker with the installer in my language with success!
  • tonycarew
    WAYT wrote: »
    Did you check the last link?

Yeah,I'd found that and tried it before posting,again got the can't install error message.
  • WAYT
    Yeah,I'd found that and tried it before posting,again got the can't install error message.

When does it fail?
    I don't have Creator's Edition or even Windows 10 installed, so can't replicate your error.
  • WAYT
    I had the same results as you and was tearing my hair out, because I had successfully installed Live Essentials 2012 on another Windows 10 system. I did all the things suggested by a range of websites, using the off-line installer, but still came to the same resultant error as you had each time. In the end, I hit on a thought about language. I was running with English UK on my system, so I decided to add the English US language pack and proceeded to try an install again. Bingo!! All of the Live Essentials 2012 programs installed without any problem.
    What I find surprising is that no one had suggested to do that, as far as I am aware. I am also using it to get my Live email via IMAP settings because POP settings gave me the Delta Sync error. Hopefully this will help others to successfully install it.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure