Add your feedback on energy supplier Zog Energy

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I got quite excited for a moment until I saw that the unit price of Zog 24 has increased by 0.0003p per kWh.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 March 2017 at 11:46AM
    Glad to see their prices are slowly creeping downwards, back at the top of the list again. My EDF fix ends in May so watching with interest. The 26% increase is still going to smart though. My daughter is looking at a 33% increase :eek:
  • kev2009
    kev2009 Posts: 1,039 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Sounds like good think i signed upto the 2 year fixed when i did :)

Kev
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    molerat wrote: »
    Glad to see their prices are slowly creeping downwards, back at the top of the list again.
    Glad I picked a Saturn tariff this year. It (Mercury) hasn't quite dropped enough to lure me towards that exit fee yet. Hopefully it'll keep on dropping until it gets back to the outstanding deal I had last year!:D
  • lstar337
    Entice Energy are currently beating Zog in my region according to a CEC comp today.

Anybody think Zog will drop their price to push themselves back to the top of the list?

They don't usually like being off the top spot for long.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    lstar337 wrote: »
    Entice Energy are currently beating Zog in my region according to a CEC comp today.

Anybody think Zog will drop their price to push themselves back to the top of the list?

They don't usually like being off the top spot for long.

Entice still have the pre 27 Mar 2017 Zog prices.

When Zog updated there prices at that date, it tended to lower prices ... but only for higher users.
    They essentially increased standing charges for lower unit prices (in some regions)

Yes, they will change prices again one day, but who knows when?

If Entice are cheaper for you, why not use them? They also only have a £15 early exit charge compared to Zog's £30 early exit fee.

Be quick though, as I think there will be more chance Entice changing their prices before Zog do. Entice have always followed Zog pricing, bar a tiny fraction of a penny cheaper.
  • lstar337
    It's not worth me switching for the pennies I would save between Entice and Zog, especially with the hassle of IGT. I am keeping an eye on Zog though as I am currently on Saturn and was hoping to see a drop before jumping to Mercury for a year or two year fix.
  • After EON informed me that they were more than doubling my monthly payment I decided to search for an alternative supplier. I did some research and found that it was cheaper to have separate suppliers for gas and electricity. I saw information about ZOG on a comparison website, read the reviews and as their tariffs were very competitive I decided to switch. My switch-over went without a hitch,the direct debit was set up correctly and I have had no problems in the time I have been with them. They don't have a 24/7 website or 'phone line, but to me this is a small point. When I did contact them by 'phone to change my monthly d/d it was sorted immediately. They are a small company and appear to run a very tight ship,whilst offering their customers competitive rates. I would recommend them without hesitation.
  • footyguy
    footyguy Posts: 4,157 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    After EON informed me that they were more than doubling my monthly payment I decided to search for an alternative supplier. I did some research and found that it was cheaper to have separate suppliers for gas and electricity. I saw information about ZOG on a comparison website, read the reviews and as their tariffs were very competitive I decided to switch. My switch-over went without a hitch,the direct debit was set up correctly and I have had no problems in the time I have been with them. They don't have a 24/7 website or 'phone line, but to me this is a small point. When I did contact them by 'phone to change my monthly d/d it was sorted immediately. They are a small company and appear to run a very tight ship,whilst offering their customers competitive rates. I would recommend them without hesitation.

Where did you get their phone number from?
    What is it please?
  • lstar337
    footyguy wrote: »
    Where did you get their phone number from?
    Cannot speak for KreeativeKat, but it is written on my bill each month.
    footyguy wrote: »
    What is it please?
    01473 597964
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family