Frugal frump to Fab - Astonishing Autum Exquinox to Wondrous Winter Solstice

Comments

• podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    ww - that sounds like a great project and am sure will get you motivated again :)

EH - glad the pay issue got sorted! Have a fun night x

maman - we shall see on the mum front :) I'm half expecting to hear she's changed her mind again but am trying to just go with the flow at the moment.

Cherry - you should definately have a look for things in your area, I think a lot of people just go on their own - I was planning on going along on my own before my friend said she was going to sign up as well. I'm thinking it will all add to the experience :) Are you feeling organised for it? I'm wanting to get started now - though may be a different story next week :rotfl:

Anyway, bit annoyed when I got in that OH has done basically none of the tidying today - he claims he's not been feeling great because he had his flu jab this morning but tbh he could have done it anytime this week, there's always some excuse :( So have done the kitchen and said if he's expecting his mum to come round any time this weekend he can sort the living room himself. Since it's kind of my last night of 'freedom' for the next month :rotfl:then am going to try and have a chilled out one - so currently have a rather large glass of Baileys biscotti and watching Adams Family :) Might grab a book after that.
    Hope everyone is having a good Halloween x
  • bratz81
    bratz81 Posts: 673 Forumite
    podperson - I feel your pain on the OH not tidying up. I've been nagging mine for the 2 years we've been loving together and he's still a nightmare. All I really want him to do in the house is hoover it once a week, wash the dishes each evening and empty the bin. That's all. But will he? No. Nor will he pick up after himself.
    I've actually resorted to drawing him out a chore-chart like a 5-year old to try to shame him.

As requested (can't remember who by, sorry!) pic of the new tat below. Sorry it's big :(2012-10-29221626.jpg

I can't wear a bra with it right now and since I've an ample upstairs so to speak I feel really self concious. I'm wearing 3 layers today, one a baggy-ish sweater to try to hide it.
    carpe diem :cool:

[STRIKE]Santander OD- £0/£870[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]Mint cc - £0/£6500[/STRIKE]
    [FONT=&quot]HOF cc - £640/£750 [/FONT][FONT=&quot]A&L Loan - £2497/£7500[/FONT]
  • WelshWoofer
    WelshWoofer Posts: 5,076 Forumite
    edited 1 November 2012 at 9:43AM
    Wow Bratz - you're braver than me!

Went to the film night last night and we watched 2 movies - Zombieland and Insidious - was quite good fun, got me away from the Halloween callers and I managed to stay within my cal limit:)

Its the 1st of November (officially winter in my book) and the start of the 100km challenge for me. Thankfully its dry so far so I won't have any problems getting out and about - will have to bite the bullet and get on with it when it is raining though.

Just weighed and somehow have managed to stay the same:j I genuinely though I'd be a ton heavier this week, but no the gods of the scales have been kind.:rotfl: Thats incentive enough to get a grip on things again and think of the recent blip as a narrow escape.

So today's plan is to get out and about and start the walking/running challenge, do a couple of hours schoolwork (abandoned this yesterday), do a hair and face mask later and get the car hoovered (its filthy after the dog's latest walks). I'm also going to make a nice sensible tea and try to stick to my cals. I feel loads better about myself today and feel like I'm back on track - maybe I just needed a couple of days off work and for the hormones to subside? Thank you half term!

Right, lets get the day started......
  • WelshWoofer
    Ladies - just had a thought - its Movember month and I'm hoping that none of us fab females have moustaches!
    What could we do thats a kind of reverse Movember for the girls?
  • fedupandskint
    fedupandskint Posts: 10,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How about a keep clean and smooth or defuzz for November?

Help us keep on top of things!

Welll today I need to rest after feeling dreadful yesterday all day from a light walk into town. I'll be waiting in for a delivery in the next couple of hours for christmas presents. wrap a present up, write my frugal shopping list for this weekend, write down some recipes I want to try out, not sure what else apart from watching lots of rubbish tv and the like. Must remember to apply my cuticle treatment several times today starting off now
    final unsecured debt to repay currently £8333
    Proud to be Dealing With my Debt
    DFW Nerd 1154 Long Haul 155
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 1 November 2012 at 10:24AM
    Good morning all

Just a quickie - up to my eyes in "stuff" at the moment. I've got lots of "running about" to do today.

Just wanted to say to Sparkles - do look after yourself Sweetie - that virus of yours sounds vicious.

And To EH - glad they got your money sorted out in the end. That must have been awful for you - all that stress worrying about whether or not you are going to get paid. That is shocking.

DS2 has just had his hours cut this week. I think his job is looking a bit dicey. It wouldn't surprise me if the garden centre started shedding jobs after Christmas.

I have warned DS2 this might happen - luckily we did set up a stand alone PPI for him so that would help. I've told him to look on the positive side - the reduction in hours gives him time to study. He's doing very well - passing all his exams with flying colours so far.

If push comes to shove I can always reduce his "rent" - not that he pays me much, bless him.:rotfl: I wish someone would keep me for £50 a week.;)

Movember :rotfl::rotfl: You should have seen my boys last year. They both grew those awful "Victorian" mutton-chops style mustache and sideburn combos. They looked awful. I shudder to think what they will dream up this year. DS2 has very dark almost black hair (currently has a beard). He has said he's thinking of a Mexican Viva Zapata style this year.:rotfl:

Yes - I think a November Defuzz is a good idea. I have to confess I can get a bit lazy in the winter...

Bratz - I am in awe of your tatoos. You are so brave.

Anyway must get started - sorry can't "speak" to you all - will back later to resume our "chat".

Have a great day.
  • Bitsy_Beans
    Bitsy_Beans Posts: 9,640 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Good afternoon ladies :D
    I had a fantastic time in Bath. I love Georgian architecture so was swooning at everything. Kids had a great time and what bit of H we saw was lovely.
    Back to reality with a bump and realisation that even looking at my semi clad body in the mirror is depressing. I can't bear anther year of no progress and weight is my nemesis. So inspired by the ladies doing Paul McKenna it's time to slay my demons and crack this once and for all. Am sure it won't be easy but I've got to stop overeating and savour my food. Smaller portions I think will help along with a drink before eating.

There are too many posts to reply to all but just to say feel better soon Sparkles and Bratz I love your tattoo :)
    I have a gift for enraging people, but if I ever bore you it'll be with a knife :D Louise Brooks
    All will be well in the end. If it's not well, it's not the end.
    Be humble for you are made of earth. Be noble for you are made of stars
  • podperson
    podperson Posts: 3,125 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Hi all,

bratz - love the tattoo :jI might try a chore chart for OH but I doubt it would make any difference! I'm like you, I don't expect him to do much - the dishes about half the time, put the bin bags out, hoover now and again and not leave his rubbish literally everywhere!! I'm more annoyed as I specifically said to him only about a week ago that I was going to be really busy for the next month or so and I needed him to help me out a bit more - 'yes, of course, no worries' - I think he did one load of dishes and then it's back to normal :mad: I'm a fairly laid back person and I can't stand 'nagging' but it's really annoying me at the moment. Anyway, I had a fair paddy last night so I'm thinking he's probably done some stuff today at least :rotfl:

ww - yay on the scales gods being nice :) Mine are still broken, not even had them that long, which is really annoying - I'm sure I had a one year guarantee on them as well but can I find the bleedin receipt anywhere! :mad: May have to just give in and buy some more at weekend - I feel more accountable if I know I'm having to weigh myself :o

Bitsy - so glad you enjoyed your break. I'm the same with the weight at the moment - I know I'm not happy with it, I know what I need to do with it - but years later and have I actually stuck with anything?? :mad: I'm thinking of having a look at the Paul McKenna thing - those who've tried it, did you have the book and the cd for it?

Anyway, bit of a chill out last night (after my cleaning paddy :rotfl:) so that was nice. Nano starts today so will have to get on with it when I get home - am aiming for 2k words a day, which is slightly higher then the average but I figure I'll struggle to write on Tuesdays with choir and there's bound to be a day or two when things come up and I can't make the target so will give me a bit of leeway. Not heard anything from OH's mum yet, so no idea what they're doing, or even how long they are stopping up for - so trying to factor that into the weekend a bit as they're probably going to ring up and say they're going out that night and are we coming? Bit of a busy weekend tbh anyway, meeting a friend Sat to go to a writing meetup and then have an organised walk on Sun - was debating on whether to go to the walk but it's not too far off and since I'm going to be inside writing a lot think will probably need a bit of exercise and fresh air to clear the head a bit :)
    Hope everyone is having a good day x
  • mineallmine
    mineallmine Posts: 3,053 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So today I took my time putting something nice on to wear, actually put some mineral make up on (can do that without a mirror!) and perfume. Well get me :)

Still room for improvement but it's getting there.

Anti Movember sounds like a good plan to me. What do you guys use - I've tried a brush on gentle hair remover from Veet, some facial strips from Veet - it doesn't seem to matter what I use I end up with some bumps. I may go back to using Nads, an australian brand. Anyone use one of those IPL machines?
    :) Declutter 300 things in December challenge, 9/300. Clear the living room. Re-organize storage
    :cool2: Cherryprint: "More stuff = more stuff to tidy up!"
    Less things. Less stuff. More life.
    :heart: Fab thread: Long daily walks
  • WelshWoofer
    Anti Movember sounds like a good plan to me. What do you guys use - I've tried a brush on gentle hair remover from Veet, some facial strips from Veet - it doesn't seem to matter what I use I end up with some bumps. I may go back to using Nads, an australian brand. Anyone use one of those IPL machines?

Anti-Movember!:rotfl: Good name!

I've started off well with a bath and a good defuzz.
    Its just the cleaning of the bath afterwards that's the pain!:oThink baby chimp having a haircut! I'm a right looker aren't I?:rotfl:

Started the 100km challenge - done 4.6km today between the showers.
    Will have to whip the dog round the block after tea so will get it up to 5k today.

exercise.png

Managed to do a load of schoolwork - just was in the zone today. Food has also been good today so far - just need to make a sensible tea now and keep off the snacks later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure