Be a Stunner for Summer with Slimming World

Comments

• 8LBS for the challenge please Shala.
    Really in the zone today,
    Thank you for organising the challenge and running it so well Shala. If you don't feel appreciated YOU ARE!
    Just about to hit the supermarket for some groceries and then the farm shop for this weeks speed stuff.
    Cricket season in full swing now. Matches Sunday Monday and Thursday's and practice Tuesday and Friday's so I might not be around quite as much but I will try to pop on regularly to report in and check up on you all.
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    New_Me wrote: »
    I
    I'll have to decide on the rest of today's food/exercise later. I missed my yoga class last night, and slept in a weird position (face down with arms overhead) so I've all sorts of aches and pains.

Hate this, when I'm tense I sleep in a funny shape and my do I pay for it.

That sounds like an unusual but nice breakfast!!!
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Thank you Shala for the new thread! And eek look at me on the first page! Sounding like I know what I'm talking about, ha! I do know it in theory, it's just putting it into practice :o

I'll go for 8lbs this time, a bit more achievable than my usual target of a stone or so :rotfl:My weigh in is tomorrow so tomorrow's weight is my start weight, is that right?

RE. the free foods, I think it would be much more accurate and sensible to say, "no weighing and measuring", which I know they do a bit, rather than, "fill your boots".

Today will be:
    B - Two coffees (HExA, 2)*
    D - Bacon, egg, tomatoes and mushrooms
    T - SW speedy chicken curry with couscous
    (*I've just got up and lunch will be early as I start work at 12)

I've also got my first Clubbercise class tonight - can't wait!!

Have a good day all! x
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Good morning :)

Thank you for a shiny new thread shala I'm in for the new challenge for sure; please could I have a target of 8lb for the 8 weeks :) Although hoping to smash that.

Weigh in tonight and I am feeling slightly more hopeful. At least a 1lb is what I'm hoping for; that will then be my starting weight for the challenge. If it's 1.5lb then that would mean that if I lose my 8lb in the challenge the final weigh in would take me in to the next stone bracket down.

I have been thinking this morning. I have a pair of New Look denim shorts which I last wore a few weeks after finding out I was pregnant (in 2012:eek: ) I would love to be able to fit back in them by the time we are due to go on our familymoon (21 weeks time) :) at an average loss of 1lb per week I shouldn't be too far off that. If I lost 1.5 a week then I'd probably smash it.

Think once I need to go on an adventure with soups and try some new combinations for work :) as I have been enjoying a hot lunch some days
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • mary_hinge
    mary_hinge Posts: 1,585 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Shiney new thread..... I just posted on the old one :o

1.5lbs off today giving me my 2st award! :beer:

I'm aiming for 12lbs in this new challenge :jthis is better than the measley 2.5lbs lost in April :o and would give me my club 10 and my 2.5st award :D:D

Mrs H x
    Living in a superhero induced haze :A:A
    "You did good Kidda!" :D
  • Lois_Lane
    Lois_Lane Posts: 3,449 Forumite
    edited 28 April 2016 at 7:38PM
    Morning all :)

Still cold... but the sun is out. :)
    New_Me wrote: »
    I'm currently tracking in SW and WW and WW are down on carbs a LOT. e.g. a medium baked potato is 7 points, and a chicken breast is 2, veg is mostly 0. I have 30 daily points so carbs would make a big dent. I tend to stick to getting lots of speed foods as those are mostly zero points.

Do WW still do the 'Filling and Healthy' plan? I tried it for a while, there were lots of free foods you could have, some of them surprising, like skimmed milk, bread, shredded wheat - foods that are limited and have to be measured on SW. The only problem is finding things to have with them that aren't high in points as you only get 7 per day and they don't last long.
    Think once I need to go on an adventure with soups and try some new combinations for work :) as I have been enjoying a hot lunch some days

I love soup and often make a big potful that makes enough for lunch for a couple of days. My favourite is minestrone and it's very quick and easy to make. Trim the fat from 2 rashers of bacon, chop it and fry in Frylight with a chopped onion until the onion is softened. Add frozen mixed vegetables (about half a bag), a tin of chopped tomatoes, 2 stock cubes, some tomato puree or passata and a handful of soup pasta (or broken up spaghetti). Bring it all to the boil then simmer until the pasta is tender.

Off for lunch now - see you later.

LL :)

ETA p.s. I left out water - about a pint, or enough to make it the consistency you want.
    Start BMI - 38.7 Current BMI - 31.2 Target BMI - 26.3
  • lantanna
    lantanna Posts: 4,391 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I''ll weigh tomorrow and see where I am and then weigh again next Friday, so will that be my first weigh in Shala?
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Change of plan for lunch - there wasn't enough soup for both of us so I had a chicken salad.

Managed a lb loss this week so feeling a bit better about that. Need to carry on sticking to plan as I'd like to get back to bottom end of target before our holiday in June.

Denise
  • New_Me
    New_Me Posts: 263 Forumite
    Lois_Lane wrote: »
    Morning all :)

Still cold... but the sun is out. :)

Do WW still do the 'Filling and Healthy' plan? I tried it for a while, there were lots of free foods you could have, some of them surprising, like skimmed milk, bread, shredded wheat - foods that are limited and have to be measured on SW. The only problem is finding things to have with them that aren't high in points as you only get 7 per day and they don't last long.

Yes, they do, it's referred to as "No Count", has various "free" foods and 35 points per week above that. I find that on a day where I would maybe use 28-30 point (full daily allowance, but not using any of the weekly points) if I use the "no count plan" it ends up eating into the weekly points. Items like spread, muller light and quavers I can fit into the daily amount, but they aren't free, so instantly appear in the weekly points in no count.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure