Norman_Castle Posts: 11,871
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Charity shop/Freecycle
  • mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,344
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Trade them in at CEX for vouchers and use them towards buying a game you do want?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    Why throw something like that away which someone could use eg buying from cex or a charity shop.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    Why throw something like that away which someone could use eg buying from cex or a charity shop.
    I think Cex's sales will fall according to some online chat that mentions the postage change in September..

I was compiling an order of games for myself and grandchildren, but happened to check the basket and found the postage is £1.50 per item costing under £50, instead of the fixed price for up to10 items. Even someone buying one item over £50 still has to pay £1.50 for any cheaper items in the order.

Customers who regularly spend over £50 have decided to leave as their postage has gone up by 10x£1.50- £2.50=£12.50
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    I advertised two carrier bags of pre-Vista pc games, on Freegle , and they were snapped up by a man who does security work and plays on an old laptop when bored.
  • unholyangel
    unholyangel Posts: 16,863
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Forumite
    What about your local foodbank? They might be interested in them.

We usually throw in a few toys with the food donations we make at this time of year so that they can give their children something/a bit more for christmas.

Suppose that might not work so well if they're 18+ games though.
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means - Inigo Montoya, The Princess Bride
  • Trade them in at GAME or CEX (personally I'd recommend GAME).
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    teddysmum wrote: »
    I think Cex's sales will fall according to some online chat that mentions the postage change in September..

I was compiling an order of games for myself and grandchildren, but happened to check the basket and found the postage is £1.50 per item costing under £50, instead of the fixed price for up to10 items. Even someone buying one item over £50 still has to pay £1.50 for any cheaper items in the order.

Customers who regularly spend over £50 have decided to leave as their postage has gone up by 10x£1.50- £2.50=£12.50

I was actually refering to Cex instore.
  • As said a charity shop or CEX. Retro game collecting is a thing now. Games you think people won't want some collect just so they can get complete collections.
  • I'd vote CEX. Get trade credit and buy a game you want :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure