Missy's spend £10 a week on groceries get the house sorted & hit this debt hard diary

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Sounds like your doing great, I'm also eating out of the freezer but my cupboards are bare and I use more than £10 a week just on milk and bread. Still I'm finding some amazing stuff in my freezer :)
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Thanks for the reminder about the blackberries, I've been and collected the latest crop and added it to the (frozen) pile for bramble jelly.
  • missymoo81
    missymoo81 Posts: 7,695
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Thanks Louby40, I love Aldi, Quintins, we use about three loaves of bread a week and about 6 pints of milk if I go easy on the milk in my tea. The rest of the shopping is usually taken up by loads of fruit!

Managed to pick 2 colainders of plums from out the front, so shall be making jam tomorrow! 5 loads of washing done and dried. We've just had eggy soldiers and beans on toast. Littlies are playing in the garden whilst I fold the washing outside. It must be nearly time for a cup of tea!
  • missymoo81
    Forumite
    Any ideas on what to watch on tv this evening whilst I do my ironing? I've got Netflix and Amazon? Brrr bit chilly outside now!
  • gwynfil
    gwynfil Posts: 99
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    :jI'm just starting my year of trying to get debt free and budgeting for food really helps. It's also great how you can become very inventive, when you have to use what you have got or stick to a very small budget.
    I have just started to not buy any alcohol either. This is saving me about £20 a week and I feel less hungry and more able to plan. A triple bonus. The difficult bit is sticking to it, when you have an off day, but it always help when I read about other people trying to get their debts down- it makes it seem less daunting and keeps me going.
  • missymoo81
    Forumite
    Hi Gywnfil! Lovely to see you! Yes it's sticking to it that's the problem for me too! But I will try!! I'm also going alcohol free for 6 weeks, that will save a little money too!
    I'm also trying to get the house more organised! As is such a mess all of the time I can't seem to think straight for clutter!!! You know what they say 'tidy house, tidy mind' or something like that! I am currently wading through the clean washing! You can't even see the floor on the landing for the piles I'm sorting everything into. A bit later I am going to get my laptop out and write notes on the things I need to do/get done, and how to break my debts down and what pots my wages are going to go into.

Thanks so much for reading and writing lovelies, I really appreciate it x
  • missymoo81
    Forumite
    Ok have had to call it a night on the laundry, I've been sorting clothes for 2.5 hours!!! All are sorted and in piles ready to go away but I've had enough for today!!! It's been a v productive day.
    Food wise I have spent nothing :T I did spend £5 on parking at the airport which I've felt pretty cranky about until...... I've just been sorting through my bags and I've just found 5 shiny £1 coins!!!! So evens that out. And here's for the really good news, drumroll please...... I've had a letter from the tax man and I am getting £250 back as have paid too much tax this year!!! Yaaaaay that's coming straight of Mr creditcard! :T:D:j

Need to look at getting my 0% card to transfer others over to then see where I am. Don't think I can do it tonight though, am cream crackered, as my dad would say :D

Still on for spending £10 on Monday at Ald!, dinners for the next 7 days will be something like:
    Saturday HM pizza
    Sunday sausage mash and carrots
    Monday bolognese
    Tuesday shep pie
    Wednesday children are at grandmas, I'll prob have beans on toast
    Thursday cheese and broccoli pasta
    Friday HM pizza
    Saturday burritos
    Sunday BBQ at sisters

I honestly need v little for dinners for a very long time as cupboards and freezers etc are so so full. Stupid to have bought so much food in the past. But you live and learn don't you.:o

I'm really hoping I may have some of my wages left over as I have lost my electric toothbrush?! I know I have no idea how I've done it, but I've been using OH's but he's taken his away with him. So I may have to bite the bullet and buy a new one! But we'll see if I have anything left!

Got lots to do tomorrow list will be something like this:
    Wash and change all bedding
    Hang up all clean washing
    Tidy kitchen
    Unload DW
    Hoover
    Start sorting!
    Make jam (not sure I have enough sugar actually, might have to wait)

That's it for now
  • missymoo81
    Forumite
    Ok deep breath. I have just looked at my bank account and it's much lower that I thiught :eek::o only £175 in there!

I need to pay £155 off the t£Sco credit card this month. I can NOT add any more to it. This is the one OH pays off each month but it's super high as I bought myself some holiday stuff on it, so it's £155 over what it normally is so I need to pay that. But it means no spending on it until 23rd when the month the restarts ... Which is fine as I have £20 in my purse for 2 weeks food but I drive 200 miles a week for work, not sure my fuel will last?! Will continue to drive like miss daisy and keep my fingers crossed!!!

Here's the bad but, I also have another cC payment of £135 due on my other credit cards....

Which I obviously don't have?!:o

But I have a plan.... Ish.... I'm going to apply for my new Cc tomorrow and transfer the debt from the others (hopefully), (and cut them up)which will mean no payment this month. So that's sorted. I will have £20 left in my bank after paying T£Sco CC which should cover petrol If absolutely need it and the cost of a non electric toothbrush, as can't afford an electric one now lol. But needs must:D oh it will cover bus fare into town on Monday to take small ones to the library.

Gosh sorry I've rambled loads today but I'm determined to get myself straight!
    Omg I'm hungry. The beans on toast at 4.30 have left me somewhat hungry now!
  • Hiddenidenity
    Hiddenidenity Posts: 5,423 Forumite
    Get the bag of eBay things listed ;) Every penny helps :p

You're doing amazing and I've subscribed so I can follow :D
  • missymoo81
    Forumite
    Get the bag of eBay things listed ;) Every penny helps :p

You're doing amazing and I've subscribed so I can follow :D

Aw thanks chickie, really helps having people encouraging from the sidelines. X
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure