Coolly Comparing Investment Platform charges - SnowMan's spreadsheet

Comments

• cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 1 March 2017 at 12:29PM
    Hi Snowie.... Just looking at X-O.

Am I correct in thinking this is X-O from Jarvis?

If so, are you sure the annual platform charge is correct (I know you've got a comment against it)? From their website the charge is £99+VAT. You've got it listed as £144.

It is also worth noting that X-O will refund the £99+VAT as long as you have a X-O Share Dealing account.

EDIT: Brilliant sheet by the way :beer:

EDIT: EDIT: I wasn't specific on the above... It relates to their SIPP
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • What a useful sheet - thanks
  • Great resource, thanks. Just what I am looking for
  • Hi Snowman, I was looking at Fidelity for ETF within a SIPP. The spreadsheet shows a cap of £36 pa, but in a SIPP the cap is £45 pa. The Junior SIPP and ISA cap is £25 pa.

Thanks for your amazing work on this.
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 March 2017 at 4:05PM
    cloud_dog wrote: »
    Hi Snowie.... Just looking at X-O.

Am I correct in thinking this is X-O from Jarvis?

If so, are you sure the annual platform charge is correct (I know you've got a comment against it)? From their website the charge is £99+VAT. You've got it listed as £144.

It is also worth noting that X-O will refund the £99+VAT as long as you have a X-O Share Dealing account.

EDIT: Brilliant sheet by the way :beer:

EDIT: EDIT: I wasn't specific on the above... It relates to their SIPP
    Thanks.

Their original SIPP charge was £95 + VAT (£114pa).

They increased this to £144pa (£120 + VAT) in April 2015 (and added charges for flexible access options also although these aren't covered in the spreadsheet) see this thread

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5192079&highlight=jarvis+sipp

That is the fee schedule my spreadsheet works on.

However their latest fee schedule is at the link below, and it says that it applies from April 2016, so I'm guessing that is when they changed fees to the level you quote

http://www.x-o.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/JARV3168%20X-O%20SIPP%20Fee%20Schedule%20AW.pdf

Does anyone know what the following means in relation to waiving the annual fee?
    Jarvis will refund these fees until such time as the
    X-O share dealing account linked to your SIPP is closed
    Is having the x-o dealing account part of having the SIPP, or is this a requirement to have a separate dealing account to invest in outside of a SIPP.

There is also a £60 transfer in charge which gain they say they will waive.

This all looks very odd (and too good to be true) can anyone say what is going on here?
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,358 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 March 2017 at 3:37PM
    Hi Snowman, I was looking at Fidelity for ETF within a SIPP. The spreadsheet shows a cap of £36 pa, but in a SIPP the cap is £45 pa. The Junior SIPP and ISA cap is £25 pa.

Thanks for your amazing work on this.

It looks to me like they've tweeked their ETF charges and as you say the SIPP ETF cap charge is £45. The following seems to be their clearest documentation of the charge

https://www.fidelity.co.uk/investor/funds/fund-charge.page

I've updated the spreadsheet (and have updated for the recent Cavendish reduction in SIPP charges) and will upload this once I've understood the x-o changes and can incorporate those also.
    I came, I saw, I melted
  • cloud_dog
    cloud_dog Posts: 6,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    SnowMan wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the following means in relation to waiving the annual fee? Is having the x-o dealing account part of having the SIPP, or is this a requirement to have a separate dealing account to invest in outside of a SIPP.
    From my reading (I am interested in opening a SIPP), a dealing account is not mandatory but, they will refund the AMC after taking it, if you have an X-O dealing account.

The annoying thing, reading your comments, is that they seem to change their T&Cs quite frequently.
    Personal Responsibility - Sad but True :D

Sometimes.... I am like a dog with a bone
  • Awesome stuff - keep up the good work.
  • Hi Snowman, i have set up my Fidelity SIPP many thanks for the assistance of your spreadsheet. I am looking at Standard Life now for DH.
    Option 3 Off Platform fixed fee looks good. Any way you could get this added to the spreadsheet?
  • racey
    racey Posts: 165 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Brilliant spreadsheet tool. :cool:
    If I'm reading it correctly, someone with £150k in ISA and £50k dealing ( all in funds) with Charles Stanley would save over £400 a year by transferring to iWeb ( assuming about 10 trades a year).
    Are there any snags in doing this? Are the same funds available in iWeb?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback