Which is the best Kitchen for Quaility

Comments

• pineapple
    pineapple Posts: 6,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Magnet can be quite pricey but my fitter has a trade agreement with Magnet (the trade range is slightly different and cheaper) and I got a brill new kitchen for a reasonable cost.
  • I had to respond to this one. I supply Magnet Trade, Howdens and the same kitchens that DIY Kitchens sell (though I buy through a trade source). There is no definitive answer as to who is the best price as it varies enormously depending on the actual range you choose. Magnet Trade and Howdens have ranges at the bottom end of their price band that work out cheaper than any DIY Kitchens offering (particularly the Greenwich and Saponetta range from Howdens).

However I have absolutely no doubt that DIY kitchens are the best quality. You will see their products all over the internet and in many expensive independent kitchen showrooms, marketed under a variety of names. I buy from the same people as DIY do and can confirm that their prices are extremely competitive. I can't vouch for their cabinets as I buy mine from a different source.

If anyone wants someone to do all the legwork and take responsibility for design and planning, Howdens or Magnets may be a better bet. However if you want to take the initiative and plan your kitchen yourself I would recommend DIY almost every time. They are a good option for the general public and I would struggle/couldn't supply the same kitchen at the same price. I have customers that have used them and can confirm their customer service is good. If anyone is undecided on whether or not the DIY option is a good one, I say go for it, it's a good decision and the cost savings are genuine.
  • I think it depends a lot on which kitchen you select from each retailers range. We went for a kitchen from B&Q, it was solid oak and at the upper end of their range, but it has been excellent (it is now 3 years old). We decided that our good quality B&Q kitchen was much better value for money than a bottom of the range model from a slightly more upmarket company. However, the quality of the mid to lower end of the B&Q range wasn't very inspiring.
  • cranford
    cranford Posts: 797 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    "vkusuman" was asking about delivery from DIY-Kitchens. I am a happy customer (oct 2009) and my order was complete and deivered bang on time. If you look under "delivery" on their web site you can see the delivery week commencing date. Today it shows week commencing 18/1/2010 and I believe it get rolled on by a week every wednesday. The thing to remember about their kitchens is that unless you pay then to do so, you need to drill the hinge holes on the doors. Not a problem for DIY'ers or kitchen fitters and DIY-Kitchens can supply a very easy to use jig.
  • I've been to the Wren Kitchens in Stevenage and the Kitchens look great. Their units look about the same or slightly better quality than all the main Kitchen retail suppliers (Wicks, B&Q, Homebase, Ikea) but with bonus that all the units are ready made. The main reason I will be going with Wren is because they do tall wall units (90 cm) at really reasonable prices. The showroom looks great and has the look of John Lewis because of it's uncluttered and relaxed feeling.

I will be ordering a kitchen from them as soon as I move in to my new flat. At the moment I can't comment to their customer care or the service overall but will be back as soon as I find out.
    I'm a newbie but don't hold it against me
  • Hi, we liked Ikea kitchens but the wall units were too deep for our kitchen because of placement of windows, so we have just fitted a wren kitchen and we are really pleased with it. We did not go to a showroom, we looked it all up on the internet and then spoke to the salesman on the phone - which I'd strongly advise doing before you place your order. I emailed him my plans and he looked through and made excellent suggestions for me before placing final order. Quality is great, it was cheaper than homebase and much the same as B & Q's heaviest discount sale prices with the added advantage of ready built units. Doors and drawers all close beautifully and it looks great. One more tip - make sure you get the order right first time as they will charge £75 delivery even if you only need something small that you've missed. Hope this info helps.
  • 2smithy
    2smithy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Just a word of caution for anyone thinking of buying from them. Plan carefully as there corner units do not open to give access to the full space so half of the unit is lost and the space only good for anything that comes out once a year. This equates to us losing three metres of shelf space which is a lot in a medium sized kitchen. Then when you E Mail to ask when they are improving the units to the standard offered by other sullpiers they E Mail back but don't answer the question asked.
  • Katgrit
    Katgrit Posts: 555 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    2smithy wrote: »
    Just a word of caution for anyone thinking of buying from them. Plan carefully as there corner units do not open to give access to the .............they E Mail back but don't answer the question asked.
    Who are they?? Wren? Ikea??
  • 2smithy
    2smithy Posts: 8 Forumite
    Sorry I meant Wrens. Also we have been advised that there prices have gone up by 25% from 16 July which seems a significant uplift and we were not sure if it was a sales tactic.
  • Sakir
    Sakir Posts: 3 Newbie
    I visited Wren Kitchens on Sunday 25 July2010. I was impressed by the range if designs, the quality and prices. The customer service was good. The design consultant told us the prices were going up by 20% from 01Aug2010. Given the previous reply mentions prices were meant to have increased from the 16th, should I believe them? I not ready to place an order just yet and don't want to be pressured but if the prices do go up by 20% it's going to blow my budget. Is there anyway to verify this?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure