(light hearted) How to disguise my sugar…

13»

Comments

• GwylimT
    GwylimT Posts: 6,530 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    We had this issue at a work place, my decaf tea bags ended up being taken when people were too lazy to go to the stock room around ten yards away. I started putting them in a small lockable cash box along with uht milk pots from B&M bargains. This was after asking staff several times not to take other peoples food/drink supplies.
  • rebeccauk
    rebeccauk Posts: 296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My Uni housemate used to label his milk as 'Contains Medication' we never really knew if it did or if it was a clever way to stop others using his milk - probably the latter.
    I think labelling as salt is a great idea
    Otherwise just take in a very small amount in a tupperware type container and wrap it in lots and lots of carrier bags so its well hidden.
  • Counter
    Counter Posts: 51 Forumite
    rebeccauk wrote: »
    My Uni housemate used to label his milk as 'Contains Medication' we never really knew if it did or if it was a clever way to stop others using his milk - probably the latter.
    I think labelling as salt is a great idea
    Otherwise just take in a very small amount in a tupperware type container and wrap it in lots and lots of carrier bags so its well hidden.
    When I was at university we had a milk thief (I think most places where you share facilities do) so someone I knew put a label on his bottle saying "Dear Milk Thief, I have spat in my milk. Regards xxxx." I don't know if he had or not but as a joke (I wasn't the thief!) I added to the note, "Dear xxxx, I too have spat in your milk. Regards Milk Thief." Thankfully he realised this was a joke and didn't throw the milk away!
  • leslieknope
    leslieknope Posts: 334 Forumite
    someone at work has been taking peoples lunches and snacks from the fridge which has annoyed me to no end. so i printed directions to the nearest shop and taped it to the fridge. nothing else has been taken yet. :D

what did shock me is the milk thief (who had been taking milk from other teams, including opening brand new bottles!!) was actually discovered to be a manager who is on double what the rest of us earn. wonder if she was also the food thief...
    CCCC #33: £42/£240
    DFW: £4355/£4405
  • fairy_lights
    fairy_lights Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Hide it inside a toilet cistern or an air vent.
  • Tygermoth
    Tygermoth Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I would love to take up a flask, but as we are not allowed anything on the floor it would have to stay in the kitchen anyway so i might as well make myself a nice hot brew.

In the morning i grab 2 large bags of sugar, one catering size tea bags and two big milks and lumber up a gazillion flights of stairs. When it come to break time the milk has been left empty in the fridge (who does that!??!!) and the sugar has been befouled

I like the glass shaker - as its sealed they are less likely to put a teaspoon in as they will be too lazy to wrestle the top off.. I have ordered one! i will also mark it up as salt lol
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    If you aren't supposed to have personal items on your floor, then you shouldn't leave a container of sugar labelled salt in a communal area. Everyone will assume that this is salt provided by the company and you will justifiably get complaints if people ruin their lunch using it. I honestly don't get why this has to be a drama - label it with your name if you want people to know it's not communal and tape the lid closed so it can only easily be used using the pouring spout.
  • robatwork
    robatwork Posts: 7,089 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Hide it inside a toilet cistern or an air vent.

All a bit Dexter!

I used to be a 2 sugar man. I couldn't imagine not having sugar.

And now, like a reformed smoker, I couldn't take a sip of tea with sugar.

It's actually not that hard to get used to tea without sugar, or coffee without milk, which I also had to do recently.

This hasn't addressed your question at all, but the golden envelope answer is of course to keep sachets and those cheap wooden/plastic stirrers in your drawer(s).
  • Tygermoth
    Tygermoth Posts: 1,413 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Hi Nikki, as per the first post - we are allowed to leave foodstuff items in the kitchen. As such if its not in the coffee/tea/sugar pots - it belongs to someone, named or otherwise.

Also the post is noted 'lighthearted' so its not a big deal.....
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • shortcrust
    shortcrust Posts: 2,697 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary Newshound!
    Tygermoth wrote: »
    'Salt' is the winner so far...

Tea is my one vice - I don't drink or smoke, but I do love a cuppa with a spoon of sugar. Two cups a day isn't too bad in the grand scheme of things :)

I cant take a bag up to the floor, everything except foodstuffs have to be kept in your lockers.

I like the idea of blue sugar - but wouldn't that make the sugar clump and turn your tea a weird colour, giving the game away?

Saying that, lumps would be a good idea as no spoon needed so a coffee covered spoon wouldn't be used. Then again I have seen a fair few of my co-workers leave the loos without washing their hands....

Me too!:) I've tried to wean myself off a few times but always end up realising I'm trying to give up one of my favourite simple pleasures.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure