Completely Crazy Clothes Challenge 2017

Comments

• purchased a top in a cs for £2.99 & a pair of earings in sale for £2 for the night out I have in a couple of weeks. I also got a pair of pjs, 5 pack of socks & a pj top cost £0 as I had vouchers from my cashback cc :)

At this point I am way over budget! Need to have a no clothes month in Feb to level it out!
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • Kim_13
    Kim_13 Posts: 2,402 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    purchased a top in a cs for £2.99 & a pair of earings in sale for £2 for the night out I have in a couple of weeks. I also got a pair of pjs, 5 pack of socks & a pj top cost £0 as I had vouchers from my cashback cc :)

At this point I am way over budget! Need to have a no clothes month in Feb to level it out!

I need quite a few no spend months! Certainly not leading by example when I have spent almost half of my budget.

I wrote down a starting weight but have forgotten to weigh myself since. Never mind, I won't have lost enough to add anything to my budget yet anyway.
  • Hi there
    Just reporting no clothing purchases for January. Every time I hear about a sale in my favourite shops I open my wardrobe and stare at the clothes there and remind myself how many I haven't worn yet.
    But I have to admit that the best tactic I'm using is avoiding the shops as much as possible. If I don't see it I won't want it.
    Fingers crossed for February
    MissDM
    LBM- June 2009 - 15 year plan started, Dec 2018 - time to review & refocus
    SPC12 #33 £210. Xmas 2019 - #15 £365 / £365 ... PAYDBX 2019 #23: £0 / £3,400
    MFW2019 #2: £6,999.67 / £8,000 MFiT-T5 start £95,352.52 - target £40k

No matter how far you go, you always take yourself with you
  • Having started the month spending quite frequently I have just realised that I finished it exactly on budget (well 5p below to be exact :))
    Shifting my energy for 2020 :heart::heart::heart:
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    The running stuff and jeans have arrived so £19 added to total.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • e4rly
    e4rly Posts: 66 Forumite
    A new pair of slippers at £8 to add to my total! But on the plus side I had allocated myself a mystery sum for a dress for a wedding...as I've scaled down to a (much cheaper) silk top to wear with a skirt I already own, I've saved myself a little bit! This won't be added to my total but will make me feel a little less frivolous.
  • mavvymoo
    mavvymoo Posts: 2,152 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 3 February 2017 at 10:42AM
    Morning all Sorry I am late with my updates or confessions :o I have had problems with my broadband.

Well here goes :o

Whistles jumper dress (cs) bit of a bargain £7
    Whistles jumper dress not the same as the one above same cs shop on the same day £7 Both like new and lovely :)
    Pret a porter dress same day same cs £5 lovely fit and a day type dress so have worn ;)
    Short Black rain mac Autograph cs lovely style and fit £5
    Vintage long velvet fitted coat/jacket cs so lovely and fab quality a bargain £5
    Then went with a friend who wanted to go into m&s not normally a fan as I think they are expensive for the quality but ........................

2 x shirt dresses which is a style that suits me and I wear a lot in sale reduced from £49.50 each to £7.50 each:) So £15 total

1 x shirt dress in a another style really nice and again suits me reduced from £39.50 to £4.00;)

So £48.00 spent but all I keep saying to myself is how much would it have cost new or not in the sale :o But thats me done for a while unless I spot a real bargain that I cant leave behind and I will WEAR !

Well done with all your considered items.

Mav x

Debt free and Mortgage free thank you to all for your encouragement and advice
    :j
    Crazy Clothes challenge £300/£48 and 5 months /0 without spending :T

• Hello everyone, some amazing bargains as usual and impressive eBay sales!
    I have bought a pair of slippers as my old ones were very tired. So that was £28 spent, and now I feel bad as e4rly spent only £8 on hers. I did want some with a proper 'bottom' though if you know what I mean.
    Haven't been doing very well with the weight loss and only lost 4lbs (really haven't been trying to be honest). But that's £40 in the kitty for when I need some smaller clothes, hopefully underwear. I'm not taking the slippers out of that because I see them as a boring necessity!
    I ordered some clothes in the sale and am going to return them tomorrow, I don't even have an excuse for why I did it. Trouble with the ex probably.
    Mavvymoo your Whistles CS bargains sound amazing. That's a shop I have a weakness for
    Fashion on the Ration 2020 - 5/66 spent
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Not purchased anything yet. I could do with a nude coloured bra, and have a feeling my usual £4 from Peacocks bra will be a false economy, can anyone recommend a good value for money place for basic underwear?

I got my Mr T clubcard vouchers through so now have a grand total of £16.50 to potentially spend on any clothes I need.

I also have enough Shop&Scan points to exchange for £20 in New Look vouchers so I do have some options, but I don't need anything and will just wait until I do.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,239 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    I find that MrT's can be good for bra's, also Sainsbugs.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills